Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

On 5/25/2020 at 8:08 PM, Cajun said:

Haven't read the thread in a good while, so apologies for what I'm sure has been covered, but I was dinking around looking for something I hadn't seen on Netflix and came across Public Enemy.

public enemies. but yes, a rock or cave or whatever you said. 

On episode 2 of white lines. Episode 1 has a massive orgy so check it out for that. 

On episode 7 now. There are some fucking bizarre scenes in this series. Holy fuck. Ending better be worth it

They totally have been holding out nudity since the first episode orgy. Total bullshit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Chet Steadman said:

The Epstein docuseries just dropped.  I mean, we all knew what a POS he was, but one episode in and it’s already worse than I imagined.

I foresee this reigniting the social media campaigns once again.  

Epstein is obviously a world class POS and should go straight to hell.  Having said that a few of these girls come off as lying or were just as guilty as Maxwell in the whole scheme. Doesn’t change that Epstein was still awful but goodness. They also showed David Boies at press conferences representing some of the victims but never mentioned he represented Harvey Weinstein and stalked/threatened a woman while he was on the board of Theranos. 

On 5/26/2020 at 11:49 PM, tx 3 putt said:

uncut gems - great watch 

Oh you like people talking over everyone constantly and Adam Sandler screaming every line? 

I thought the story line was kinda cool...I thought the way it was done sucked ball sack

Edited by Scraps
  • Like 1

I have to second the recommendation of Hangar 1, total absurd nonsense, like they took all the wackos who weren't good enough for Ancient Aliens and gave them a show. Terrible tease editing mitigated by the streaming format. So much footage of guys in suits and sunglasses just folding their arms, the same hangar (or more than one hangar) that obviously isn't the group's headquarters shown over and over again. Single witness encounters presented as facts and proof of government conspiracy.

53 minutes ago, trza-hawk said:

I have to second the recommendation of Hangar 1, total absurd nonsense, like they took all the wackos who weren't good enough for Ancient Aliens and gave them a show. Terrible tease editing mitigated by the streaming format. So much footage of guys in suits and sunglasses just folding their arms, the same hangar (or more than one hangar) that obviously isn't the group's headquarters shown over and over again. Single witness encounters presented as facts and proof of government conspiracy.

How many times did the narrator say “there’s no evidence, but if this is true then...”

On 5/23/2020 at 4:46 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

Bored today so I started watching Hangar One:the ufo files. Holy shit the things on here. I’m just into episode 2 and already have heard:

1)jfk was killed 10 days after issuing some ufo disclosure orders in order to prevent disclosure. 
2) while drilling into the earth to build a “deep underground military base,DUMB” they accidentally dug into a fortified structure and upon entering got into a firefight with a bunch of large gray aliens that were there.  This is in 1995 I think.

3) in a military expedition in Antarctica during ww2 a ufo fought with the nazi Germans and almost destroyed the us navy ships and only backed down when the navy retreated. 

How could I not keep watching?

On 5/23/2020 at 6:25 PM, Red Five said:

I'm going to get drunk tonight and watch that. 

23 hours ago, trza-hawk said:

If y'all are into cheesy alien shit, I'm going to have to recommend Hangar 18. It's a pretty terrible movie from 1980 filmed at the then recently closed air force base in my West Texas hometown when I was about 9 yo. From what I recall Gary Collins had a fling with a local MILF during its filming which was quite the scandal back in the day.

The movie is so bad, you can watch the whole thing for free on YouTube:

Edited by bolverk

Guy in grainy video from the nineties claims he was lowered into an underground chamber filled with grey aliens, and immediately grabs his sidearm and begins firing. Claims a Delta Force commando sacrificed his life to save him and help him escape, shows a scar that looks a lot like a heart surgery scar but he claims a laser beam went through his hand and hit him in the chest.

Watching the Medici now.  I'm about half way through the first season and I'm enjoying it.  Quite a bit actually.  But what's weird to me is that I dont think the acting is all that great.  Cosimo and Lorenzo arent moving the needle for me at all. Everyone else is just kind of there.  

Its a good show but just something I've noticed. 

13 hours ago, Post Oak said:

Watching the Medici now.  I'm about half way through the first season and I'm enjoying it.  Quite a bit actually.  But what's weird to me is that I dont think the acting is all that great.  Cosimo and Lorenzo arent moving the needle for me at all. Everyone else is just kind of there.  

Its a good show but just something I've noticed. 

I finished this recently.  I really like the historical dramas.  I kept thinking through the whole thing about the cycle that keeps repeating, someone trying to make the world a better place with change, and always some dark sinister fucks fighting to change things back.  

Season two will jump ahead several decades and the last two seasons have the different characters from season one, different actors, except flashback stuff.  It takes a few minutes to sort through who is who that first episode of S2.

I thought it was a pretty good watch, and touches on a lot of people who later went on to their own fame.   

Rotten is pretty good.  Six in the first season and that's all I've watched.  Each episode tackles a specific food or produce industry and then proceeds to get into one or more issues affecting it.  Spoiler alert: China is fucking everyone on yet another front:

Spoiler

Your honey is likely cut with rice syrup and your garlic is peeled by prison labor.

Narrator sounds like a poor man's Rob Lowe.  You can pick any one of the six and watch it, if you like it you'll like the rest if you don't, you won't.

Edited by Hozz

My wife found a movie on Netflix called The Captive.  That's usually my job, so when she finds one, she's like a dog with a bone.  We are going to watch it and she is going to pretend like it's better than it is because she found it.  She couldn't do that with this steaming pile of confusing shit.  If anyone else watched it, I'd be curious what you thought.  If you haven't seen it, I'd suggest keeping it that way.  

uncut gems - great watch 

Watched this last night with the old lady.  It was a friggin' mess of a film that started out as total chaos but then hit its stride and the plot started  to focus much like Ratner's life...total chaos.  

We enjoyed the movie more as it progressed but the soundtrack was horribly annoying and seemed to be  an out of place distraction.

Sandler did a good enough acting job to make us forget  that Ratner was actually The Water Boy so I have to tip my hat to him.  It was good to see Eric Bogosian doing work again.  He doesn't do much nowadays but he is usually good at what he does do.

uncut gems - great watch 

finally watched this.  had to end that way, what else could possibly happen?  Better than a lot of shit I've watched this year, but then that's not really saying that much.  It's worth the watch imo though, definitely a different role for Sandler, haven't heard him say fuck that much in 20 years.

On 6/5/2020 at 1:27 AM, mulletpelini said:

finally watched this.  had to end that way, what else could possibly happen?  Better than a lot of shit I've watched this year, but then that's not really saying that much.  It's worth the watch imo though, definitely a different role for Sandler, haven't heard him say fuck that much in 20 years.

Kind of an interesting ending. Bogosian is great in everything. He’ll haunt your nightmares in Wonderland. 

Julia Fox’s ass stole the movie. My goodness.

• Like 2

The Garth Brooks doc didn't make me completely hate him for ruining mainstream country music, but his whispering throughout it made me almost lose my mind

So as you can see i hate yelling( uncut gems) and i hate whispering. Just fucking talk normally assholes god dammit

• Like 4