Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

The Garth Brooks doc didn't make me completely hate him for ruining mainstream country music, but his whispering throughout it made me almost lose my mind

So as you can see i hate yelling( uncut gems) and i hate whispering. Just fucking talk normally assholes god dammit

Dude has always had a weird way of speaking. Weird cadence. Soft talking. Weird emphasis. Weird use of singular and Royal we / third person.

They’re “his” songs but written by others, so he introduced each one oddly. It’s a GB doc man, we know “the dance” is a song. You don’t have to say “we recorded a little song that became known as... ‘the dance’.” Just say “we recorded ‘the dance’” Some of it is showmanship, but maybe he can’t turn it off anymore at this point.

Will be watching 2nd episode tonight.

Also, one of the 90s shots of him walking through sound check or pre-concert he was wearing a TCU sweatshirt instead of Pokes? One of his daughters end up there?

i've been bingeing Mad Men for i don't even know how long now. i watch it every day, it's amazing. and then out of fucking nowhere netflix took it off of their platform in the middle of the night last night. i am crestfallen; disconsolate; immeasurably distressed. WHY GOD, WHY?!?!!!!?!!?

Dude has always had a weird way of speaking. Weird cadence. Soft talking. Weird emphasis. Weird use of singular and Royal we / third person.

They’re “his” songs but written by others, so he introduced each one oddly. It’s a GB doc man, we know “the dance” is a song. You don’t have to say “we recorded a little song that became known as... ‘the dance’.” Just say “we recorded ‘the dance’” Some of it is showmanship, but maybe he can’t turn it off anymore at this point.

Also, one of the 90s shots of him walking through sound check or pre-concert he was wearing a TCU sweatshirt instead of Pokes? One of his daughters end up there?
Speaking of daughters....the buzzcut one ....would

On 6/9/2020 at 12:08 AM, Pato del Muerto said:

The Darrell Hammond doc is NOT what I thought it would be. 

For like a month, the Netflix algorithm is fucking determined to make me watch the Hammond thing... it automatically starts streaming it at the end of anything I put on.  

It seems like a movie that if you've seen the trailer, you can just fill in the blanks of what you it's about.  

On 6/2/2020 at 1:44 PM, BonzoMontreaux said:

Another check-in on the Epstein series.  Agree with what others have said.  Sinister in the manner he and his minions could pick the right girls for what he wanted.  Hopefully, they will crack down on the women he had doing his bidding.  I wish they would have named more names.  

Wife, daughter and I watched it.  Ugh.  Prince Andrew and Alan Dershowitz need to be shot.  And eerrrrybody else who knew about it and looked the other way need to be bludgeoned with a tire iron.

His social media stuff is so off putting and creepy. The legion of Tom Segura podcast listeners trolling his comments sections is worth the squeeze though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 6/10/2020 at 12:14 PM, Goo Punch said:

i've been bingeing Mad Men for i don't even know how long now. i watch it every day, it's amazing. and then out of fucking nowhere netflix took it off of their platform in the middle of the night last night. i am crestfallen; disconsolate; immeasurably distressed. WHY GOD, WHY?!?!!!!?!!?

Yeah I finished binging it a few weeks ago, and saw something that it was being removed soon.  I appreciated it much more during the rewatch even more than when I watched it's first run.

On 6/2/2020 at 1:44 PM, BonzoMontreaux said:

Another check-in on the Epstein series.  Agree with what others have said.  Sinister in the manner he and his minions could pick the right girls for what he wanted.  Hopefully, they will crack down on the women he had doing his bidding.  I wish they would have named more names.  

The series wasn't what I expected and didn't realize how little I knew about his past. Always thought he was an evil mf-er but what a whole other level with this doc. Outside of the Ghislaine women, they showed a few other names/pics of women that helped him procure girls. Hopefully the law catches up to them.

I have mixed feelings about the girls that helped procure other girls. While I agree they were victimized to some extent, I don't have as much sympathy for them as they brought other girls into his house for money. 

Netflix and Amazon Prime have been trending towards primarily original content for a while now. HBO pulled all their content of off prime for their own streaming service. A lot of the cable type shows are doing the same or going to Hulu. We should have known that big media wasn’t going to make cord cutting easy. 

That's been announced for awhile now. Better watch the office and parks and rec while you can too

Cheers on Netflix is ending June 30th...

11 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

should we start a new "when is my show being removed from netflix" thread?

Found this

"What’s new on Netflix, and what’s leaving in June 2020"

https://www.digitaltrends.com/movies/new-on-netflix/

And this...

"The 50 best shows on Netflix right now"

By Nick Perry.   June 13, 2020 

https://www.digitaltrends.com/movies/best-shows-on-netflix/

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

On 6/2/2020 at 3:03 PM, PilotsError said:

Halfway through season one of Money Heist.  I avoided it because of the stupid name.  I'm watching with subtitles, not dubbed. 

It's great so far, although this Professor sucks at picking the right people for the team.  Unless that's part of the plan.

Worst title of a great series ever. I wish I could watch it for a first time again.

Watched Da 5 Bloods.  It’s getting stellar reviews. I am not sure how I felt about it quite yet.  May need a rewatch.  There were .... choices .... made that maybe worked better for some than they did for me.  Despite “complaints” in spoiler, performances were tremendous. Eddie is Javert from 25th Anniversary Les Miserables concert for those that care   

Checkov’s gun, snake, landmine, what else? The “surprises” were predictable and heavily foreshadowed.  When Eddie takes his first step back you know he’s stepping on a land mine.  It was pretty obvious early on Paul killed Norman, too.  You were just waiting to see how.  

5 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

marcella s3 dropped today, which is weird. 

I remember loving s1, Then s2 came out and I watched the "recap" and couldn't remember shit, so I gave up at the time and haven't gone back.

I have though multiple times of staring a tv recap website, I can't find a good one out there.

I remember loving s1, Then s2 came out and I watched the "recap" and couldn't remember shit, so I gave up at the time and haven't gone back.
I have though multiple times of staring a tv recap website, I can't find a good one out there.

I remember watching both seasons and really liking it. I’m not big on cop shows because they’re so formulaic but I remember it was really edgy and different. I also can’t remember anything about it other then she had been married to a black guy who thought she was bat shit crazy and she is..

On 5/17/2020 at 9:42 PM, Celery Man said:

Need a verdict on White Lines.

On 5/17/2020 at 9:46 PM, Zepol87 said:

On episode 2 of white lines. Episode 1 has a massive orgy so check it out for that. 

On 5/17/2020 at 9:55 PM, Bama Chick said:

I loved “White Lines”.

There are definitely some of the silliness of “Money Heist” (same writer and showrunner) like extreme coincidences, over the top sex and violence, a bit ridiculous story. But it also has the same great bits - really interesting characters, very engaging and fast paced story, excellent and well executed humor, and it’s just fun to watch.

Definitely left lots of room for more seasons while still answering the mystery of the season.

Just finished White Lines and wife and I loved it.  Yeah, there was a little bit of cheesiness, but for the most part, it was pretty damn good.  Beautiful scenery, beautiful people, sex, drinking, drugs, crime drama, romance, some subtle comedy...not sure what else you can ask for.  Thought it was a lot better than Money Heist, which we really liked.

And just as a side note because I know it's a thing, there are some subtitles, but probably only about 10 minutes worth per episode.  I usually HATE having to read much at all, just because I feel like I'm missing so much other stuff when I'm reading.  But this was very easy to fight through.  I think only one time did I have to rewind and pause because they got rolling faster than I could keep up with.

Can't wait for another season, which they obviously left it wide open for.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BBQ2Bayou said:

Have not heard of this show. I used to watch Blind Date on MTV or whatever it was on. That was a good guilty pleasure. 

I used to watch Blind Date for the comedy value.  Dating around isn't goofy or anything like that, it's more of an earnest look at dating and human interaction.  I think it's one of their better reality shows. 

Edited by Chips O'Toole