Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

On 6/29/2020 at 7:09 PM, 52-80 said:

Dark S1 and S2 were beautifully written.  I followed the story with each reveal (and I'm generally horrible at plot lines).

2 episodes into S3 and I'm quite lost.

Maybe it's too long of a break since I last watched S2 (which was binged).  Maybe because they didn't give any sort of S2 recap episode.  Maybe because it takes a while for any new season to establish momentum....

No, because keeping up with three timelines of multiple characters was hard enough, but they basically doubled that this season. It’s impossible to keep up with even with the jump warp camera technique signaling a switch between worlds. 

On 6/28/2020 at 10:35 AM, BradInATX said:

I had so many questions about it. I would have watched 8 hours too. I wonder if there's a more in depth documentary that goes deeper into the game itself.
Like what happens when you choke/tap a guy out? It seemed to me like there was an honor system where if you get got, you lay there for a bit. How long? Maybe until your team gets the ball back?
I loved the episode but it left me with more questions than I started with. I want to go see it live.

It said in the episode that if you get taken to the ground you stay there until someone scores. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dewey said:

Here's the order for Top Boy 

TB Summerhouse series 1

TB Summerhouse  series 2 

TB - Netflix season 1 

If you watch season 1 first,  then you've missed the beginning. 

Love Top Boy. Have a good friend that is from Croydon and went to school with Dushane. She said he was always into petty trouble when younger but that Sully was a real scary dude and now a rapper.  /csb

Also just started Bad Blood. I am liking it so far

On 6/28/2020 at 9:09 PM, Scraps said:

Yep. Will be on my bucket list of things to do in my life....go watch that shit in person

crazy game aside, its such a beautiful pageant - the costumes, the neighborhood affiliation, etc.

if you like that, do the Palio de Siena nearby.  The nights leading up to the race, each neighborhood does a gigantic communal dinner in the street.  Everyone is wearing colors of their neighborhood, there is singing, festivities.  Visitors can buy a ticket to it and participate. 

Contrada-Dinner-Piazza-copy.jpg

onda-contrada-dinner.jpg?w=848

2000x2000-0-70-e2e7f54a051c32c2274bb3a41

We're #teamniccio  (theyre terrible)

• Like 2

On 6/27/2020 at 11:35 PM, CooterBrown said:

EuroVision. Not recommended but I didn’t mind watching Rachel McAdams for two hours.

My wife kept laughing at something on the iPad, turns out she was watching this.  She never laughs at a Ferrell movie outside of Step Brothers or Anchorman.  She really liked the movie.  I liked it for different reasons.

• Like 1

My wife kept laughing at something on the iPad, turns out she was watching this.  She never laughs at a Ferrell movie outside of Step Brothers or Anchorman.  She really liked the movie.  I liked it for different reasons.

I’ve watched it twice already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

On 6/28/2020 at 11:35 AM, BradInATX said:

I had so many questions about it. I would have watched 8 hours too. I wonder if there's a more in depth documentary that goes deeper into the game itself.
Like what happens when you choke/tap a guy out? It seemed to me like there was an honor system where if you get got, you lay there for a bit. How long? Maybe until your team gets the ball back?
I loved the episode but it left me with more questions than I started with. I want to go see it live.

I did some googling after watching the episode and apparently they stay down until the ball changes possession. Also the referee has a sword, but that didn't help a few years ago when they had to call the cops to save one from one of the teams during a game. 

They had to cancel the tournament this year, for covid, which is crazy because I think it's the first time they've not had it in 500 years

• Like 1

On 7/2/2020 at 11:52 PM, atomheartbevo said:

(Quietly liked this movie)

On 7/2/2020 at 11:52 PM, atomheartbevo said:

On 7/3/2020 at 12:20 AM, wutang75 said:

RE: Eurovision: The Story of Fire Saga

I’ve watched it twice already.

SAME

11 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Next time I’m at a concert, not gonna yell “play some Skynyrd”.

Instead, ”PLAY SOME JAJA DING DONG!”

SAME

(Can't get the songs from the film out of my head.)

37 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

(Quietly liked this movie)

There is tentative support from the male non-LBGTQ... crowd, because as the Brits would say "It is so camp."

But it was a funny movie with catchy songs and Rachel McAdams played it almost 100% straight. She acted, she didn't clown. And with the exception of her mole casting a shadow across her left cheek at times, she was really captivating. I feel like she's frequently an ice queen that characters occasionally walk on egg shells around (I've only seen 2 to 3 of her movies), but she wasn't that way at all in this film and it was pretty easy to fall in love with her... especially when you see her character have some much patience with a MUCH less-than-perfect guy. (And I'm soooo less-than-perfect... so maybe I've got a chance.)

Edited by Napoleon
  • Like 1

Anyone watch “Alone” on Netflix? I like it better than naked and afraid because it’s not just watching people starve for 21 days. They’re actually surviving. Seems like their snares and traps actually work on Alone
Nikki seems dumb

On 6/29/2020 at 5:00 PM, Billy Pilgrim said:

Anyone watch “Alone” on Netflix? I like it better than naked and afraid because it’s not just watching people starve for 21 days. They’re actually surviving. Seems like their snares and traps actually work on Alone

Except for the guy who only fished, didn't catch anything, then quit after trying to hunt for one day. 

4 hours ago, Drew said:

My wife keeps trying to get me to watch train to busan.  Even watched the animated prequel on Amazon Prime

South Korean film making at its finest IMO. That industry is picking up where Hollywood left off.

They still value art, the story, and haven't been poisoned by by greed yet.

Edited by MissingInAction
  • Hook 'Em 1

Late to the party but I watched Narcos over the past week or so.  I appreciate the interest in keeping it real with Spanish and English being used but subtitles wears me out.  Especially when you're bringing something. 

That being said,  I think S3 is far better than S1/S2 even though they were both good too.  A couple of observations...

Spoilers ahead for anyone who has not watched yet.

I really wanted Pablo's mom to catch a bullet.  She was such a bitty.

But the end of S2, I was just ready for it to be over.  They really strung out the capture. 

Jorge's betrayal of Enrique was really hard to watch.  I liked Jorge and understood why he did it but damn, that was as hard to watch as almost anything the whole series.

Miguel's turn toward power hungry boss was awesome.  That arc was well done.

I wished David had gotten a Cali chain saw instead of just a drive by.  That dude was a piece of work.

Not a fan of having Pena in S3.  I realize this was a dramatization but if I recall correctly, he had nothing to do with taking down the Cali Cartel. 

Watched the documentary about Walter Mercado, “Mucho mucho amor”.  I didn’t know much at all about him. I thought it was gonna be a cheesy documentary but it was really good. Such a kind person. Very touching show about his life and his overall message of love and peace. Good show to lift spirits. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1