Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

Finished S2 of Narcos, loved it. We watched ep1 of S3 and we decided to take a break and start Narcos Mexico. It was kinda weird seeing Pena work the Cali Cartel.

Pena and Murphy spoke at one of our Agents ceremony a few years back at Jerryworld. This dude carry their torch in South America and is part of the reason the eastern district of Texas swings a big stick against the cartels.

It’s weird seeing these peeps who made the DoJ famous and then meeting them in real life. When I worked Chicago, I got to meet the agent who was key for Operation Greylord up there. Before I left I worked family secrets and got to meet a few of the old school agents from that. It was pretty badass.

Ok my cool starry bra is over

I really struggled to get through season 3 of Marcella. I thought I liked the other 2 but really don't remember. 

There are so many shows I watch and spread apart so differently, I can't tell if a show changes or my taste changes through the long ass breaks. It's a weird problem to have and is probably indicative of something needing to be fixed within me. Like quit watching so many TV shows or something.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BBQ2Bayou said:

I really struggled to get through season 3 of Marcella. I thought I liked the other 2 but really don't remember. 

There are so many shows I watch and spread apart so differently, I can't tell if a show changes or my taste changes through the long ass breaks. It's a weird problem to have and is probably indicative of something needing to be fixed within me. Like quit watching so many TV shows or something.

Same here on Marcella and on the memory thing. Of course, I'm over 70, so it's somewhat understandable.

5 hours ago, 'stache said:

Watched Eurovision Song Contest this weekend. Can't say that I laughed a whole lot but I still somehow still found it enjoyable. The boner statutes was pretty funny.

Ditto

loved the Lion of Love performance and reading some backstory about the artist its based on it sounds like an accurate portrayal.

On 7/11/2020 at 10:20 PM, Bama Chick said:

Yeah, I really liked it. Hope there are plans for more.

Anyone ever read the source material?

I watched it last night and was really hoping this was based on some series of novels like GOT.  That sounds like some shit I could get into with all the century hopping.  A little bummed to have just learned the source material is a comic book.   I'd like to know if anyone has read the comic yet too.  I got through a lot of the Walking Dead comic, but comics pale in comparison to a series of novels.  

6 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I wish Netflix would buy the streaming rights to King of Queens. It's too good of a show to get buried on Peacock Premium. 

It's better than Everyone Loves Raymond.... I guess?

Edited by Dr Fear

On 7/14/2020 at 5:10 PM, Sbbruin said:

Through most of season 2.  I really like this show.

On 7/14/2020 at 7:35 PM, Dilligas said:

Ditto 😀

tenor.gif?itemid=15718222

tenor.gif?itemid=16080327

On 7/16/2020 at 11:16 AM, SubliminalHorn said:

It gets better every season. The character development is really great. 

tenor.gif?itemid=16520043

• Like 1

On 7/16/2020 at 12:49 PM, SubliminalHorn said:

I enjoy watching Zac Efron in anything, especially when he's bearded and thicc....wait, what were we talking about? Yeah, the show. It's good. 

As a non-gay, I disliked efron on general principle. But then he kept taking roles that I enjoyed, where he doesn’t take himself too seriously at all, and the dislike changed to respect/jealousy. 

• Like 1

On 7/16/2020 at 1:11 PM, Biff Tannen said:

Down to Earth was really good I thought.  Never knew much about Zac Effron, but he seems like a good dude.

We enjoyed watching this series with the kids. I liked Efron in this because he reacted to some of the experts the way I would’ve- taken a lot of them seriously, kind of rolling my eyes at some of the stranger people and some of the stuff his partner was doing/saying. He wasn’t all in on being preachy.

• Like 1

Watching Cursed for some reason.  It feels like a sci-fi (SYFY!!!) network fantasy series taken up a notch.  It's not as good and raunchy as Witcher, but it's not horrible and the production values are decent, and honestly, the tie-in to the Arthurian legends seems more about trying to reel a few extra people in than trying a new twist on things.

But people gonna rage that it's a female lead, even though, you know, they like to make things targeted towards a female audience, because, you know, they like money.

36 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Watching Cursed for some reason.  It feels like a sci-fi (SYFY!!!) network fantasy series taken up a notch.  It's not as good and raunchy as Witcher, but it's not horrible and the production values are decent, and honestly, the tie-in to the Arthurian legends seems more about trying to reel a few extra people in than trying a new twist on things.

But people gonna rage that it's a female lead, even though, you know, they like to make things targeted towards a female audience, because, you know, they like money.

Watching it as well. It's meh to tolerable, but I'll finish it because pandemic.  Didn't realize it was based on a Frank Miller graphic novel.  There appear to be a lot of story lines here.  Too many for a show like this to support.  We shall see, though.

Edited by A-Tex Devil

We started it this week. Not bad for a summer quarantine show.

It’ll do, she’s like the Thor character in the Netflix show Ragnarok where they have all this power and keep being surprised and refusing it.

I’m like you just killed a pack of wolves, sack up and smoke these fools!

4 hours ago, A-Tex Devil said:

Watching it as well. It's meh to tolerable, but I'll finish it because pandemic.  Didn't realize it was based on a Frank Miller graphic novel.  There appear to be a lot of story lines here.  Too many for a show like this to support.  We shall see, though.

And by the way, they got themselves into some George R.R. Martin shenanigans - they optioned the book before they finished it, and filming started when the book was around 75% completed.  Miller ended up focusing on the book while Wheeler worked on the show.

And Miller made a cameo

Spoiler

Episode 3, he's the Paladin who asks about Merlin, the comment about being the head of the snake or whatever.

Lead actress looks like a cross between Kat Dennings and Natalie Portman.  

And I'm thinking we will see a season 2.  Miller and Wheeler were involved heavily with the TV series, and they dropped some major bombshells towards the end that they can't not address.

2 hours ago, Speedtrucker said:

We started it this week. Not bad for a summer quarantine show.

It’ll do, she’s like the Thor character in the Netflix show Ragnarok where they have all this power and keep being surprised and refusing it.

I’m like you just killed a pack of wolves, sack up and smoke these fools!

I don’t think I got through 2 eps of ragnarok though I really wanted to. Might revisit. I do like sabrina, and when I saw cursed and that it’s tvma I developed some hopes. 

13 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Wife and I watched Indian Matchmaking. Not proud - Pretty entertaining though. Some very likeable people and some very hateable. Aparna from Houston needs some dick, badly.

Just watched this last weekend.  Aparna is indeed a beeyotch.  There is an absolutely stunning girl in episodes 7/8.  

On 3/21/2020 at 11:16 AM, hundredTT said:

Schitts creek is amazing. Most underrated show ever, 

I'm very late to the Schitt's Creek party, but wow!  We don't binge watch, but this is as close as we have come from.  In fact, we are rationing the episodes -- usually 2 per evening -- to make this last.   This is quickly becoming one of my favorite comedies of all time.   The actual laugh our loud per episode ratio is terrific, and it's heartwarming.   So glad we finally got to this show.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, DFWTexEx said:

I'm very late to the Schitt's Creek party, but wow!  We don't binge watch, but this is as close as we have come from.  In fact, we are rationing the episodes -- usually 2 per evening -- to make this last.   This is quickly becoming one of my favorite comedies of all time.   The actual laugh our loud per episode ratio is terrific, and it's heartwarming.   So glad we finally got to this show.

As a man who pretty much hated the concept before my fiancee dragged me to watch. I ended up crying in the late seasons on some powerful episodes. Truly an amazing show. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1