Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

On 7/20/2020 at 9:27 PM, trza-hawk said:

I hadn't been able to watch The Last Dance on its runs on ESPN or broadcast on ABC so now I can catch up.

I'm a Rockets fan, hated the Bulls and the other Eastern teams, so I didn't go out of my way to find this when it aired.  

I started watching last night, and holy shit, this is a good documentary.    I didn't expect much going in, because, again, not a Bulls fan, but wow.

And glad to see the Pistons earned their reputation.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Watching this now. Pretty well put together but not much new information if you’re into mafia history.

This. It started out fairly strong, but the last few episodes were just background filler during my day. 

Dating on the Spectrum.

Holy shit. This is hysterical. Documentary show about Autistic people trying to find a partner. I don’t mean funny in a mean way either. But some of the people are legit funny as fuck. I swear, Michael tells it like it is, and every thing he says is hilarious. 

Started watching Dark Desire, spanish language show. Similar to “You” with lots more sex & a little more violence. Story is kinda dumb, but main character Alma is hot. It’s basically a telenovela on steroids. 

Sidenote: First Mexican show/movie I’ve ever seen that shows some hot lesbian action, or even acknowledges that homosexuals exist. 

20 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Dating on the Spectrum.

Holy shit. This is hysterical. Documentary show about Autistic people trying to find a partner. I don’t mean funny in a mean way either. But some of the people are legit funny as fuck. I swear, Michael tells it like it is, and every thing he says is hilarious. 

I absolutely died when he said “so you’re a bit of a tomboy, eh?” to the first chick during speed dating. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/22/2020 at 11:51 AM, DFWTexEx said:

I'm very late to the Schitt's Creek party, but wow!  We don't binge watch, but this is as close as we have come from.  In fact, we are rationing the episodes -- usually 2 per evening -- to make this last.   This is quickly becoming one of my favorite comedies of all time.   The actual laugh our loud per episode ratio is terrific, and it's heartwarming.   So glad we finally got to this show.

Up Schitt's Creek is a kick. Feels like a spinoff of SCTV. 

19 hours ago, Helobious said:

I absolutely died when he said “so you’re a bit of a tomboy, eh?” to the first chick during speed dating. 

One of the other guys had a gem too. “As a railway enthusiast, i viewed bus transit as rather common”

I think my favorite Michael line is “He is slab of meat from God and I’m two scoops of dogshit”

• Hook 'Em 1

One of the other guys had a gem too. “As a railway enthusiast, i viewed bus transit as rather common”
I think my favorite Michael line is “He is slab of meat from God and I’m two scoops of dogshit”

Ep 3 when they interview the Asian guy on his bathroom break and the girl interrupts from across the restaurant, cracked my shit up so hard

If you haven't seen Palm Springs yet, might as well skip this.  If you don't like bending your brain around time travel theories and shit, might as well skip this.  And there will be spoilers.  

Spoiler

So Samberg and his chick escaped this endless time loop at the end.  What happens with JK Simmons character?  Is he still stuck in the time loop or did whatever they did free him as well.  If he's still stuck in it, Can they help him escape?  If they go visit him, it's going to be the next day.  Who are they going to be talking to?  The one stuck in a time loop who was freed as well?  Or is it some alternate universe JK that doesn't know what the hell they are talking about?  If it's an alternate universe JK, then they really can't do anything for the stuck JK because they can't return to the day he's stuck in and tell him how to escape.  

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Hozz said:

Business of Drugs is good.  6 part series broken down by drug type, ~40 mins an episode.

Binged this last weekend.  The "meth" episode was very interesting as I had no idea of the Myanmar/Burma connection.  Amaryllis Fox (the narrator) can be a beating, but she is obviously a very smart lady. 

If you haven't seen Palm Springs yet, might as well skip this.  If you don't like bending your brain around time travel theories and shit, might as well skip this.  And there will be spoilers.  
Spoiler

On your spoiler question, you gotta watch the credits. There is a mid-credit scene that explains it.

I had a wtf moment when the movie first ended about that same issue. Then they answer it
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Native Horn said:

Binged this last weekend.  The "meth" episode was very interesting as I had no idea of the Myanmar/Burma connection.  Amaryllis Fox (the narrator) can be a beating, but she is obviously a very smart lady. 

I am enjoying the content, but her delivery is sorely lacking.  She just doesn’t have the charisma or dramatic flair to carry a series like this.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Broadchurch gets me right to the edge of turning it off and then bam! The patience they have over there... if that went down in a court of law in the US, bullets would be flying. 

I hated that defense attorney so much I don’t think I can watch that actress in any other role.

20 hours ago, Post Oak said:

Started Kims Convenience.  It took me about 8 eps to get into it but I like it a lot.  It's got humor, charm and some heart.  I really like that in shows

Ok. See you.

Another great Canadian show 

• Like 1

On 7/28/2020 at 2:28 PM, Go Pokes said:

Hide contents

So Samberg and his chick escaped this endless time loop at the end.  What happens with JK Simmons character?  Is he still stuck in the time loop or did whatever they did free him as well.  If he's still stuck in it, Can they help him escape?  If they go visit him, it's going to be the next day.  Who are they going to be talking to?  The one stuck in a time loop who was freed as well?  Or is it some alternate universe JK that doesn't know what the hell they are talking about?  If it's an alternate universe JK, then they really can't do anything for the stuck JK because they can't return to the day he's stuck in and tell him how to escape.  

You need to watch the clip after the first 30 seconds of credits.

1. keep going on schitt's creek.  once they figured out that the kids were the funnier characters, the show gets hilarious (even though moira is consistently awesome)

2. palm springs is on hulu, and even has its own thread.

3. unsolved mysteries also has its own thread (i've watched half of them).

4. i personally did not like aquarius.  thought they could've done more with that angle and story.

5 hours ago, Js1 said:

What other ones have you watched?

Schitt's Creek

Working Moms

Kim's Convenience

Loved Schitts Creek.  It was a little like Kims for me in that it took me a handful of episodes to get hooked.  I love it. It's probably Top 7 or so comedies for me ever.

Didn't care for working moms but I may revisit it later.  Watched S1.  

I'm thinking I might end up liking Kims nearly as much as Schitts Creek.

5 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

Letterkenny is awesome. I tried to watch Schitt's Creek last year but didn't make it through season 1. Might need to retry it

I think you need to keep going.  

I don't know which episode it was for me that it just clicked.  But one day it did and I couldn't wait to put the kids to bed and turn it on.

I'd say keep it in your list.  There's is going to be a dearth of shows next year at this time because of Covid and having SC in your back pocket is going to be like found money 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

On 7/27/2020 at 9:04 PM, Speedtrucker said:

Watching love on the spectrum with the wife.

Really good so far, probably 3-4 episodes in.

Michael and Mark are goods, I like Michael’sparents as well. They seem to be as giddy about his comments as we are.

We watched the first episode last night. It’s been a long time since a TV show made me smile so genuinely. There are some laugh out loud moments with Michael (that dude needs a podcast or something), and it’s just refreshing to watch a reality show about people who have nothing but pure intentions. Seeing how autistic folks approach dating and love makes you realize what selfish pieces of shit the rest of us are.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Butch Had Not said:

Thanks for the recommendation above for Love on the Spectrum.  My boy is on the spectrum and I just started watching a few minutes ago. I have a soft spot for these topics so I'm looking forward to getting through this and hopefully not shed too many tears. 

The parents are what got me. Not sure I have the strength and I know I lack the patience. 

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

The parents are what got me. Not sure I have the strength and I know I lack the patience. 

Yep. The parents they showed are very loving and patient. The show is really sweet. I kind of feel bad for laughing so hard during Kelvin’s date, but that dude and his date were just hilariously blunt and literal. It’s amazing how much he improved from his coaching session - he literally had to learn Social Interaction and Politeness 101. 

Loved Schitts Creek.  It was a little like Kims for me in that it took me a handful of episodes to get hooked.  I love it. It's probably Top 7 or so comedies for me ever.
Didn't care for working moms but I may revisit it later.  Watched S1.  
I'm thinking I might end up liking Kims nearly as much as Schitts Creek.
My wife and I just started it few days ago and we were in from the first episode. We're about halfway through Season 1 and the writing is just killing us

Enviado desde mi SM-G973U mediante Tapatalk