Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

I ignored Netflix’s suggestion of iZombie for a long time because it was a CW show, and I’m too old for that stuff.  But I finally watched the first episode and got hooked.  I’m through season one, and it is now my guilty pleasure show.  It’s got some clever writing, Zombie girl is cute, and her roommate is smoke.  

2 hours ago, abuelo gringo said:

Thanks for the heads up.  I always like to watch films of things I saw in real time (via television and newspapers, I wasn't in Chicago).  Interesting comparing the presentations to what I can remember.  Sorkin should do a commendable job.

Is that why armybrat is always raving about the John Adams series that HBO made?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Before HBO’s turn at Watchmen, I was blissfully unaware of the Tulsa Greenwood Massacre.  

I knew quite a bit about, but only because it came up among genealogists every now and then.   I spent a few years in Oklahoma as a kid, and I can tell you that they didn’t teach it in elementary.   Of course, spent time in schools in Arkansas, Louisiana, and Mississippi, and the Civil War was basically the War of Northern Aggression so....

On 9/23/2020 at 8:38 AM, Gene Parmesan said:

It probably got a lot of mentions when it was first released, but in case you skipped over then The Haunting of Hill House is excellent.  I am 5 episodes in, and the wife even watches it and she hates scary stuff.  It's got plenty of creepiness but it's more about the story and building tension than just jump scares or showing scary images.

Just skip the last episode if you want to keep that feeling. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just finished Kiss The Ground.  A doc about the importance of soil in fighting climate change.  

It was pretty good.  Not the best thing I've ever seen but if you're a newcomer to the idea it's a good start.  

I geek out over this stuff so it wasn't groundbreaking for me but all in all not bad.

Woody narrates it.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I am a man of almost 42 years, and I’m wholly unfamiliar with the events being portrayed here. 

15 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

Before HBO’s turn at Watchmen, I was blissfully unaware of the Tulsa Greenwood Massacre.  

Ya'll should have stayed awake during History and Social Studies.

1 hour ago, bluto said:

Not sure if sarcasm. Tulsa massacre wasn’t taught at all, multiple friends/family never heard of it either. Many of them are history nerd types too.

Yeah, I'm a history buff, and was never taught about the Tulsa massacre at all in school here in Arkansas. I learned about it later on in life. Same with Elaine massacre, which occurred right here in my region of Arkansas. Never mentioned in school. 

31 minutes ago, Whitewater Horn said:

I’m really enjoying Ratched so far and keeping seeing references to AHS. I know that show is well established, but it never made it into my rotation. Sounds like something I might like diving into. What’s the verdict on AHS? I’m guessing with so many seasons it must be worth giving a shot. 

AHS was hit or miss. First couple of seasons were very good. The Salem witch season was good. The few others that I saw were meh

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Whitewater Horn said:

I’m really enjoying Ratched so far and keeping seeing references to AHS. I know that show is well established, but it never made it into my rotation. Sounds like something I might like diving into. What’s the verdict on AHS? I’m guessing with so many seasons it must be worth giving a shot. 

When you tell a completely different story every season, they aren’t all going to be good. If you start a season and aren’t into it, just jump to the next season and see. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Post Oak said:

Finished Enola Holmes.  

It was quirky, charming and cute.  MBB is really endearing. She's gonna be a star.

3.5 to 4 stars.  Could be better but it's good.

I would imagine a Henry Cavill-MBB sequel where Sherlock and Enola solve a crime together is in the works. I’d watch. 

Edited by Js1

AHS was hit or miss. First couple of seasons were very good. The Salem witch season was good. The few others that I saw were meh
Gf loves AHS I don't. She has been watching my sports and not complaining and wanted to watch Ratchet. I am liking it. Might give AHS another shot

On 9/28/2020 at 4:15 PM, Angry Gorilla said:

This looks good.  Comes out Wed.

i watched something on this case on youtube that pretty good. it included basically the entire time he was talking to the cops via their body cam footage, and you can see him die inside when

his neighbor comes over to see what's going on and says that his security camera may have caught something.

The Chris Watts thing was pretty good. It’s all video footage that we have all seen before, the difference is they provide timelines based on her text messages and social media posts. It’s extremely sad how the FB/internet sleuths jumped all over her when he first said she killed the girls. People couldn’t wait to blame her. He got that entire idea from the female agent (Tammy Lee I think?), who I thought was pretty great. The scene where they do the polygraph is a great scene. Chilling.

No doubt he did it all for the nookie. The nookie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro