Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

I was watching the new series Deaf U following around a few kids at a deaf college.  Some can hear out of one ear with implants so some of them talk.  It’s entertains but don’t expect much.  They basically follow the same damn stories from episode one on with a few twist and turns that are even teased in the beginning.  The show could have been done better for sure.  The curly haired blonde basically asked every guy she talks to throughout the whole show if they want to fuck.

Edited by Hook1997

On 10/13/2020 at 9:01 PM, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Anyone talked about the Dolly Parton doc Here I Am? I loved it.

Yeah we watched it last night. It was good. I wonder if anyone has any footage of Dolly, without her costume, I mean they talked about this bigger than lifer persona she created and how there is the real Dollie, and how much is actually real or persona. I guess at this point, her character is her now 

10 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Yeah we watched it last night. It was good. I wonder if anyone has any footage of Dolly, without her costume, I mean they talked about this bigger than lifer persona she created and how there is the real Dollie, and how much is actually real or persona. I guess at this point, her character is her now 

I once stayed in the same hotel room she stayed in the night before when I was a kid.  Csb, maid told us, no boob implants left in the bed.   I’m half way thru The Chicago 7, pretty good so far. 

On 10/18/2020 at 1:36 AM, Pato del Muerto said:

Anyone tried la revelución?  Looks like maybe a zombie show set in revolutionary France?

Started it yesterday.   It's pretty decent, but it has taken a while to piece it all together.  Looks like you nailed it.  Kind of Deadpool's French great grandfather thing.

Just now, Knoxtnhorn said:

Watching the Haunting of Bly Manor.  It's sort of a weird sequel to Haunting of Hill House.  It contains many of the same actors; however, with a completely different story and location (England).  It's a very slow burn, but good thus far.

Just finished the second to last episode. Thought it was a pretty cool explanation of what's going on.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Watched this tonight. Fucking phenomenal. Aaron Sorkin strikes again. Sascha Baron Cohen as Abbie Hoffman kills. Well acted all around. End scene is beautiful. 

Yea I started watching the West Wing a couple months ago for the first time, it’s great!   The episode where the kids touring the White House are on lockdown in the cafeteria due to a terrorist threat and everyone stops by to talk to them was a deep breakdown of the situation and amazingly done.

On 10/17/2020 at 11:28 PM, Hook1997 said:

I’m half way thru The Chicago 7, pretty good so far. 

On 10/21/2020 at 9:57 PM, Biff Tannen said:

Watched this tonight. Fucking phenomenal. Aaron Sorkin strikes again. Sascha Baron Cohen as Abbie Hoffman kills. Well acted all around. End scene is beautiful. 

Sorkin FTMFW! Cohen and Rylance were finominole.

Edited by RPM

The Liberator is very intriguing to me.

Spoiler

Kershaw’s story “traces the remarkable battlefield journey of maverick U.S. Army officer Felix Sparks through the Allied liberation of Europe — from the first landing in Italy to the final death throes of the Third Reich,” its synopsis reads.

“Over five hundred bloody days, Sparks and his infantry unit battled from the beaches of Sicily through the mountains of Italy and France, ultimately enduring bitter and desperate winter combat against the die-hard SS on the Fatherland’s borders. Having miraculously survived the long, bloody march across Europe, Sparks was selected to lead a final charge to Bavaria, where he and his men experienced some of the most intense street fighting suffered by Americans in World War II.”

Already having experienced unimaginable horrors, Sparks, a member of the racially diverse, Oklahoma-based 45th “Thunderbird” Infantry Division, comes face to face with the inhumane nightmare that is Dachau concentration camp.

There, Sparks witnesses “scenes that robbed the mind of reason — and put his humanity to the ultimate test,” according to the synopsis.

Supposedly based on a. true store.

It's the 45th Infantry Division I believe, which was Okies and Texans.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Damn, Netflix going hard in the paint for kids, Hallmark movie fans, holidays, etc. next month - watch this till the end to see everything new they are doing.  And they are adding Dawson's Creek, so people can drool over a young Katie Holmes.

What.theF.is happening. in that Dolly Parton clip at 0:40?

Edited by Chet Steadman

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

My kids loved it.  It was solid.  Cool how the son of the Family Circus creator became such a famous animator in his own right at Disney, and now this.  

Beautiful animation. Ultraluminary might be the next annoying animated movie song that goes viral 

• Like 1

Watching the Haunting of Bly Manor.  It's sort of a weird sequel to Haunting of Hill House.  It contains many of the same actors; however, with a completely different story and location (England).  It's a very slow burn, but good thus far.

If you like the story and are in to horror movies definitely check out “The Innocents”. It’s definitely the best adaptation of The Turn of the Screw. There are probably 6-7 other adaptations - The Turning (terrible), The Nightcomers with Marlon Brando, and at least 4 other movies actually called “The Turn of the Screw” through the years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

If you like the story and are in to horror movies definitely check out “The Innocents”. It’s definitely the best adaptation of The Turn of the Screw. There are probably 6-7 other adaptations - The Turning (terrible), The Nightcomers with Marlon Brando, and at least 4 other movies actually called “The Turn of the Screw” through the years.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, wutang75 said:

Will do.  Thanks for the rec.

2 hours ago, DallasHorn26 said:

Started the Queen's Gambit last night. It's a little slow, but I've been hooked so far. It's about an orphaned girl that becomes a chess prodigy in the 60s. 

yep. we're a couple of episodes in. i like it a lot.  thankfully it's a limited series.  only 7 episodes, so they're not gonna drag it out (which is good considering it moves pretty slowly, as noted above).  

for chess nerds (of which i'm not), it's supposed to be pretty realistic.

we're also knee deep into The Great British Baking Show.  what a great reality show.  new episodes drop on Friday nights, so we watch immediately.  i think Mark L. is gonna win.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2020 at 9:44 PM, atomheartbevo said:

Damn, Netflix going hard in the paint for kids, Hallmark movie fans, holidays, etc. next month - watch this till the end to see everything new they are doing.  And they are adding Dawson's Creek, so people can drool over a young Katie Holmes.

Jesus there are only like 2 things on this I even care to watch.....and no Dawson's Creek is not one of them seen all them hoes back when I was in high school #TeamPacey bitches 

9 hours ago, DallasHorn26 said:

Started the Queen's Gambit last night. It's a little slow, but I've been hooked so far. It's about an orphaned girl that becomes a chess prodigy in the 60s. 

Knocked it out last weekend, really enjoyed it. Maybe it was just being 7 episodes or imagining the nubile pointers on the lead actress.

The older one, not the kid you perverts.