Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

On 11/5/2020 at 10:37 AM, Billy Pilgrim said:

Not nearly as good as Hill House, very slow to develop. The plot is a little confusing too when they talk about being “tucked away”, etc. I’d skip it if you haven’t started it yet.

Pilgrim nailed it.  It's very different.  Very confusing.  And, very slow. I mean, I still kind of liked it, but IMO Hill House was better.

I just ran through "I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson" for probably the third time.  It's a short binge and is such a good sketch comedy show that it really sucks that season 2 is taking fourteen years to come out.  I'm guessing COVID has probably delayed shooting or something?  If you like weird and absurd comedy, this is a good show for you.

• Hook 'Em 2

I binged A Very Secret Service.  It's a French made comedy series about the French spy agency.  It's in French with English subtitles.  I enjoyed the characters, acting and humor.  No laugh tracks was refreshing.  Sometimes it took me a moment to realize when they were being serious and when it was a joke - the humor can be (but not always) sneaky.

12 hours ago, Tom said:

I just ran through "I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson" for probably the third time.  It's a short binge and is such a good sketch comedy show that it really sucks that season 2 is taking fourteen years to come out.  I'm guessing COVID has probably delayed shooting or something?  If you like weird and absurd comedy, this is a good show for you.

I’ve probably watched the whole thing 5 or 6 times and my faves 25+. I love it. I’m actually wearing this right now...

DAA358A8-5E2A-42EE-A0D9-60C9839A52C7.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Watched 2 episodes this morning. Not loving Gillian Anderson as Thatcher. The actress playing Diana is doing a good job. 

Not disliking Gillian. The Diana actress is great. I’m finally more comfortable with this cast after season 3.

HBC crushed episode 7.  Anne is still a scene stealer, she’s so good 

Edited by Js1

On 11/14/2020 at 12:39 AM, Pato del Muerto said:

Starting The Liberator. High hopes. 

Only 4 eps, very quick. I got used to the animation but never liked it. I guess they went that way to save on sets, just had actors and green screen or whatever backdrop?  Interesting story though, even if they didn’t take the time to fully explore the ethnic makeup of the 157 and how it affected their time in theater. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Almost done with the Crown (2 eps left). For not having any overt sex or violence this show is just so fucking well done. I never knew dialogue could keep me on the edge of my seat like this. 

I thought the same thing when I watched Downton Abby. Fantastic show.
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

Everything Pato said about Liberator.  A good watch after you get used to the animation.

Take 12 minutes and share "If Anything Happens, I Love You"  with your spouse.

Eric Idle's "What about Dick" is back.  Which is good, since I missed it the first time.   

What about dick is hilarious. Watched it the first time. Billy connelly kills 

• Hook 'Em 1

"60 Days In". Civilians sign up to go into jail for 60 days as CI's. Shit is dope. Without really spoiling anything, i'll say this: Abner and David are some g's. Jasmine (not to be confused with Jazmyn) is nasty af. Show is highly entertaining through 7 episodes. Oh, and the PI who insists on going in alone has crazy Little Man Syndrome and looks like he could be one of Joe Exotic's husbands. 

15 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

"60 Days In". Civilians sign up to go into jail for 60 days as CI's. Shit is dope. Without really spoiling anything, i'll say this: Abner and David are some g's. Jasmine (not to be confused with Jazmyn) is nasty af. Show is highly entertaining through 7 episodes. Oh, and the PI who insists on going in alone has crazy Little Man Syndrome and looks like he could be one of Joe Exotic's husbands. 

gonna go ahead and take back what i said about David being a G. lol, what a goof! dude got way too comfortable in there.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/16/2020 at 10:59 AM, Pato del Muerto said:

Only 4 eps, very quick. I got used to the animation but never liked it. I guess they went that way to save on sets, just had actors and green screen or whatever backdrop?  Interesting story though, even if they didn’t take the time to fully explore the ethnic makeup of the 157 and how it affected their time in theater. 

My Grandfather fought with the 45th. He was not in the 157th, I'd have to look up his exact unit. He was, however, there when they liberated Dachau. Some of the things he took from there and traded SS officers for after the capture are on display in the Houston Holocaust Museum.

The few combat stories he shared (via memoir to my grandmother - he never spoke of it aloud) are harrowing. He also had one of the best personal stories I have ever heard from that war. If anyone is interested I will write it up here.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3