Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

21 hours ago, Dewey said:

White Boy popped up, so I watched it... damn Gil Hill. Talk about a fucked up situation,  everyone that wanted Rick dead, now 29 years later begging for him to get out. Drug war in this country is beyond absurd 

Really messed up situation. Probably not a good idea to trust the FBI after they made a minor stay on as informant after getting shot. 

3 hours ago, Poolflood said:

My Fair Lady.

Yes I'm Male

Go fuck off,  one of my favorites.  

I hate musicals, but it’s a very well done film. I also love it. Big Audrey Hepburn fan. They did dub her singing scenes. Oh well. 

Julia Andrews was the lead on Broadway. The casting of My Fair Lady is probably a doozy of a story. 

Rex Harrison is excellent in everything. He’s awesome in this film. Well deserved Oscar. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

Binged both “The Irregulars” and “The Serpent”.

I really enjoyed them both.

Here’s the trailers in lieu of me attempting to long windedly explain them.

I couldn’t take me eyes off Jenna Coleman. Her 70s wardrobe is absolutely delicious and things I would currently wear and she is astonishingly beautiful.

6fc0a218baa6e309fba3d8d8d3673786.jpg

0925cb6adf0b8b0ce256a0e718207026.jpg
f95daf307f5ff2291b1944c81034ad77.jpg
74bdaa9553254de2f2aff2cf38b64946.jpg
giphy.gif
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

I'm going to suggest Damnation one more time, in hopes someone else watches it and finds it worth the time, and I'm not going crazy.   Plus I have a question about it I can't sort out.

I wanted it several months back, solid show, only one season though.

White Boy popped up, so I watched it... damn Gil Hill. Talk about a fucked up situation,  everyone that wanted Rick dead, now 29 years later begging for him to get out. Drug war in this country is beyond absurd 
I liked the doc.

You may know this but the doc didn't have full up to date ending. He was released in Florida this past summer... 32 yrs served
  • Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Dylan383 said:

Anyone like who killed Sara? Started to watch and wondered whether worth it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure if I've watched the whole first season or not. The voice actors they used for dubbing suck...it's not a bad show at all, but it's probably much better with subtitles than dubbing.

10 hours ago, Dylan383 said:

Anyone like who killed Sara? Started to watch and wondered whether worth it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's ok.  I have to watch it dubbed (I can't break myself from read subtitles).  The writing leaves a bit to be desired at times.  Carolina Miranda and Ana Lucia Dominguez have me powering through it though.  

• Like 1

On 4/3/2021 at 11:44 PM, Scraps said:

I thought Bad Trip was hilarious, but I like sophomoric comedy shit and the movies that are part prank show like that

We got super high Friday night and watched it.

Fucking hilarious. 

• Like 1

Another vote for F1 series and I've never given a damn about racing. Fascinating shit.

On a side note, you've got a bunch of average joes manning the wrenches and jacks but the drivers for the most part look like they walked out of a GQ photoshoot (yeah I'm comfortable enough with my masculinity to say it).  With the amount of tail those famous millionaire world traveling playboys must get, they must keep valtrex dispensers on pit row.

On 4/6/2021 at 11:04 AM, Pokoloco said:

Can't believe I just now found this. It has a little Always Sunny feel to it for me. 

Count me down for being a Derry fan. All good characters, i especially love the dad and his brother that tells really horribly boring stories.

"Everyone knows that when it comes to our Colm, it's every man for himself"

Just now, CooterBrown said:

I like the Dr No theory.  I'm sure Elon has some The Scream hanging over his hall bathroom toilet.

I listened to a lengthy podcast on the same subject called Empty Frames. 

I think it was some local thieves that really didn't know what they were doing or what they were stealing, but they got help from Abath. I think they received 5 figures, low 6 figures for the job from a local fence. Who the fence sold the paintings to is anybody's guess. 

Credit to Abath for keeping his mouth shut for the rest of his life. 

White Boy Rick, the fact that he is still in prison 30 years later for dealing drugs at 17 isn’t the most surprising thing of the doc.   It’s that the guy who admitted to killing 30 people served less time by far then he has, wtf our law system is so fucked.  

22 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Another extremely well produced Netflix doc that doesn’t go anywhere. Basically, we have no idea who robbed the museum. 

Amazing that the museum would hire a stoner like that to guard hundreds of millions of dollars of artwork. Kind of makes it hard for me to feel sorry for them. Idiots. 

Amazing that the museum would hire a stoner like that to guard hundreds of millions of dollars of artwork. Kind of makes it hard for me to feel sorry for them. Idiots. 

I also like that the police gave so little of a shit that they don’t even go check the Red Hook warehouse when that guy provided enough evidence to warrant a look.

Ah fuck. It’ll take like an hour? Fuck that.

The 2013 movie Rush, directed by Ron Howard starts streaming on Netflix in a few days. The movie is good, but is not even close to accurate in the relationship of the two leads that makes the movie a good sports flick. In real life the two drivers barely interacted with each other. Anyway, it has a really good Hans Zimmer theme in the soundtrack

52 minutes ago, trza-hawk said:

The 2013 movie Rush, directed by Ron Howard starts streaming on Netflix in a few days. The movie is good, but is not even close to accurate in the relationship of the two leads that makes the movie a good sports flick. In real life the two drivers barely interacted with each other. Anyway, it has a really good Hans Zimmer theme in the soundtrack

That's a pretty enjoyable flick.

From what I have read, they were better and older friends than was depicted in the film and the rivalry was less personal than depicted in the film, which I guess goes with the "barely interacted" idea.

Binged both “The Irregulars” and “The Serpent”.

I really enjoyed them both.

Here’s the trailers in lieu of me attempting to long windedly explain them.

[/url]

I couldn’t take me eyes off Jenna Coleman. Her 70s wardrobe is absolutely delicious and things I would currently wear and she is astonishingly beautiful.

6fc0a218baa6e309fba3d8d8d3673786.jpg

0925cb6adf0b8b0ce256a0e718207026.jpg
f95daf307f5ff2291b1944c81034ad77.jpg
74bdaa9553254de2f2aff2cf38b64946.jpg
giphy.gif

c5b69b60335cf78d816fa99bab88d03a.jpg
a2db54f99e136ab9467b9bd662582072.jpg
More talent from The Serpent.
They also did a good job of blending the archival film from the locations with the new stuff.
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 4/15/2021 at 9:04 AM, CooterBrown said:

I also like that the police gave so little of a shit that they don’t even go check the Red Hook warehouse when that guy provided enough evidence to warrant a look.

Ah fuck. It’ll take like an hour? Fuck that.

Gotta disagree with you on this show.  Twice as long as it needed to be.