Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

2 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Can’t believe I waited so long to watch F1. It’s great.

1 hour ago, Hook1997 said:

Yes, started watching it because of this thread.  I never knew they only had ten teams and twenty drivers only, talk about competitive.  

It may seem like the coverage is not balanced among the teams, and it’s not balanced, but that’s because some teams allow a lot of access and some don’t.

Brilliant move by F1 to work with Netflix on this.  

• Like 1

Not on Netflix, but finished a documentary called Sasquatch on Hulu last night. Really liked it. 3 episode murder doc about 3 guys killed on a marijuana farm in the early 90's with a backdrop of being in "bigfoot country". I thought the guy who made it did a great job of basically retelling a crazy memory from when he was younger and deciding to look into it more and find out what really happened. Also, the dude named "Razor" was awesome. I wanna grab a drink with him.

4 hours ago, BayouBill said:

Not on Netflix, but finished a documentary called Sasquatch on Hulu last night. Really liked it. 3 episode murder doc about 3 guys killed on a marijuana farm in the early 90's with a backdrop of being in "bigfoot country". I thought the guy who made it did a great job of basically retelling a crazy memory from when he was younger and deciding to look into it more and find out what really happened. Also, the dude named "Razor" was awesome. I wanna grab a drink with him.

Razor Ramon 8x10 Photo -CHOOSE 1 FROM MANY- Wrestling WWF WWE WCW nWo Scott  Hall | eBay

Yeah, he's pretty cool guy. 

• Like 1

Anyone watch Money Heist? Binged S1. 13 episodes. Really, really good in a can't stop watching way, but I can't believe there's 2 (or is it 3?) more seasons.

It's about an organized robbery of the Mint in Spain with hostages taken and all kinds of unexpected twists. With all the twists and turns, and suspense, binging it left me pretty exhausted. Someone tell me how s2 and beyond are compared to s1?

edit to mention -- One of the co-stars is of particularly sexy. Ursula Corbero.

th?id=OIP.UeHsJa8iRpo3FnuQ7RawSAHaJ4%26p

ap200qE_700b.jpgthumb3_Corbero-Quien-mato-a-Bambi-_74571

Edited by Chopper
  • Like 3

On 4/22/2021 at 7:52 AM, BayouBill said:

Humboldt County, CA?  There's an 8 episode series about that place.  There have been a LOT of murders and disappearances in that county over the years because of the weed trade there.

ETA: It's called Murder Mountain and it's on Netflix.

Edited by VABuckeye
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, RPM said:

I forget who was the first to recommend the F1 show, but thank you. Not an F1 fan, but I'm loving this and agree more sports should open up to Netflix like this.

Bubba Wallace has a Netflix series for next year (not sure if they are filming now or next year). They will probably focus a lot on the Michael Jordan side of things.

I would like a NASCAR version of the F1 series, but I've been around enough NASCAR races, and been in enough garages at tracks at various levels, that the Netflix crew would catch a lot of really embarrassing shit, and the France family would be losing their shit and vetoing a lot of stuff.

It is refreshing to see a sports series like the F1 documentary, showing various people (owners, management, etc.) absolutely (and publicly) trashing the shit out of the star athletes when they fuck up. I know it goes on in other sports, but not so publicly.

On 4/25/2021 at 8:32 AM, RPM said:

I forget who was the first to recommend the F1 show, but thank you. Not an F1 fan, but I'm loving this and agree more sports should open up to Netflix like this.

Totally agree. I've never cared anything about F1, but I started this on the recommendation of Surly. Fantastic. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/20/2020 at 9:49 AM, Buzzrock said:

Dubbing talk not going away.

How To Fix A Drug Scandal is watchable and just four episodes. It’s pretty crazy how much pure narcotics those people had access to with no checks or balances.

I finally got around to this one.  Did not shine a good light on the criminal justice system in Mass.  At all.  I cant believe the 2 DAs that lied about everything never even faced sanctions.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2021 at 12:55 PM, TonyTexas said:

Formula 1: Drive to Survive Season 3 drops on Friday. If you haven’t watched the first 2 seasons then get started. I knew nothing about nor had little interest in Formula 1 until I watched this and now I try to watch every race. It’s an All or Nothing type production following  all of the teams during an F1 season. 

On 4/25/2021 at 8:32 AM, RPM said:

On 4/26/2021 at 9:46 AM, lateshow said:

Totally agree. I've never cared anything about F1, but I started this on the recommendation of Surly. Fantastic. 

You’re welcome. Now that you’re hooked,  come on over to the Formula 1 thread in Other Sports for race day discussion. 

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 4/25/2021 at 9:29 AM, VABuckeye said:

Humboldt County, CA?  There's an 8 episode series about that place.  There have been a LOT of murders and disappearances in that county over the years because of the weed trade there.

ETA: It's called Murder Mountain and it's on Netflix.

Murder Mountain was very solid. Watched it last year.

On 4/25/2021 at 7:32 AM, RPM said:

We just started season 2.  I did think it was funny that Mercedes and Ferrari both took a pass on S1.  Looks like they said if it's good, we'll do S2.

On 4/26/2021 at 10:46 AM, lateshow said:

Nor did I and my brother pleaded with me for years to watch F1 races.  Now I watch the free practices, the qualifying and the races.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2021 at 12:01 PM, TonyTexas said:

You’re welcome. Now that you’re hooked,  come on over to the Formula 1 thread in Other Sports for race day discussion. 

Fuckin awesome show....i gained so much respect for the sport and what those guys have to deal with. I'm still on S2 but i am gonna start watching races.

Nobody's watched Money Heist (La Casa de Papel)? I'm surprised. It's won some international awards, Netflix bought it and is scheduled to release a 5th and final season later this year. I plunged into Season 2 and it's still excellent. Had to slow down on the binging just so I could get some sleep. It leads you right into the next episode with lots of suspense the same way Breaking Bad did.

2 hours ago, Chopper said:

Nobody's watched Money Heist (La Casa de Papel)? I'm surprised. It's won some international awards, Netflix bought it and is scheduled to release a 5th and final season later this year. I plunged into Season 2 and it's still excellent. Had to slow down on the binging just so I could get some sleep. It leads you right into the next episode with lots of suspense the same way Breaking Bad did.

Yea I liked it a lot!  I know last year it was Netflix most streamed show worldwide, it definitely keeps you wanting more. 

Edited by Hook1997

Just finished watching the two seasons of After Life with Ricky Gervais.  I thought it was a great show.  Gervais does a beautiful job of expressing his character's pain.

It's a fast watch.  Six - 30 minute episodes a season.  Filming season 3 now and that will be the final season.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, Chopper said:

Most addicting series ever on Netflix, and I have seen a lot.  Maybe it's the way the story is told and flashbacks and the characters...but damn it's smart as hell and fun.  Got my parents hooked on it last year.  Waiting for another season...

Edited by utxmike05

38 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

The Mitchell’s vs the Machines is actually a pretty dang solid animated flick.  Kids loved it.  It’s from the people behind the LEGO movies and the Spiderverse film.

It was funny and the animation was good. I liked it 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/30/2021 at 7:05 PM, atomheartbevo said:

The Mitchell’s vs the Machines is actually a pretty dang solid animated flick.  Kids loved it.  It’s from the people behind the LEGO movies and the Spiderverse film.

This movie was fucking hilarious. Highly recommend 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

This movie was fucking hilarious. Highly recommend 

My kids were screaming their heads off laughing at several parts, particularly some of the dog stuff and the video clips of the monkey yelling.

It moved at a really good clip for a fairly lengthy movie.  Nothing that I felt should have been left in the editing bay.  

On 2/27/2021 at 5:31 AM, BradInATX said:
On 2/25/2021 at 10:46 PM, immortal13 said:
Is anyone else getting tired of trying to start a new series only to find out the character voices are dubbed over,? 

Turn them off and go to native language with English CC. Netflix should make that the default, dubbing sucks.

It's default for me with some shows but with other shows it switches back to the English dubbing. And it totally depends on the profile in use.  Lupin defaulted to English dubbing on my wife's profile but native French and English subtitles on my profile. However the opposite was true for Heist with both of us. 

Enjoyed the first few episodes of “Call My Agent”. It’s a French show about a talent agency in Paris and they have actual French actors portraying themselves. It’s light and entertaining with French people being French.

As a Francophile, it’s right up my alley.

• Hook 'Em 1