Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

14 hours ago, Stringer said:

Enjoyed the first few episodes of “Call My Agent”. It’s a French show about a talent agency in Paris and they have actual French actors portraying themselves. It’s light and entertaining with French people being French.

As a Francophile, it’s right up my alley.

I finished this some time ago.  A good series.  All the cameos of known stars past and present in French film is pretty interesting.  

We watched the first episode of the Life in Color with David Attenborough.   I realized after it was over that my son had made it this far without seeing much in quality nature docs.  He was into it.   It's like Mutual of Omaha with really good sharp photography.

another rec for The Serpent...really, really good.

i love when i come across something that was seriously kind of a big deal but i've never heard of it before.  there would have been a thread in DT tracking this story today, "Dutch Diplomat Derails Dastardly Death Dealer" or something lol

really well done

Edited by mchookem

3 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Finished S3 over the weekend and I’m full #teammax. It’s crazy how much drivers move around.

Bit of musical chairs, and they are all thinking that it wouldn't take much for them to lose their ride and have to go to IndyCar or something.

Better than a lot of motorsports that get guys locked into long-term contracts, and when they suck, they somehow keep their ride.

There were things I liked about The Serpent. The way it was shot was very cool, but overall fuck that show. Zero characters didn’t need to be punched in the face and all the time hopping sucked 

Bit of musical chairs, and they are all thinking that it wouldn't take much for them to lose their ride and have to go to IndyCar or something.
Better than a lot of motorsports that get guys locked into long-term contracts, and when they suck, they somehow keep their ride.

Just saw that Grosjean went to Indy. I figured he’d never drive again.
  • Like 1

Started I Am A Killer a few nights ago. Anyone else tune in to this documentary about death row prisoners?   It is, to me at least, a fascinating and terribly sad look at the inmates, victims and the related parties to awful crimes.   The toll of wrecked lives is incalculable and sometimes dotted with reconciliation and redemption.   

12 minutes ago, deadshank said:

Started I Am A Killer a few nights ago. Anyone else tune in to this documentary about death row prisoners?   It is, to me at least, a fascinating and terribly sad look at the inmates, victims and the related parties to awful crimes.   The toll of wrecked lives is incalculable and sometimes dotted with reconciliation and redemption.   

Watched that a couple years ago. Most interesting one was the Laredo episode imo. Not all the killers interviewed on the show are on death row btw.

19 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Watched that a couple years ago. Most interesting one was the Laredo episode imo. Not all the killers interviewed on the show are on death row btw.

Heard.  All the episodes I’ve seen (1st three) have the inmates on DR with one of them commuted by Perry.   

On 5/3/2021 at 8:48 PM, NAVY said:

There were things I liked about The Serpent. The way it was shot was very cool, but overall fuck that show. Zero characters didn’t need to be punched in the face and all the time hopping sucked 

I came in here to post about The Serpent, we started it last night not knowing anything about it.

Watched 2 eps and agree with a lot of the stuff posted.

Time hopping is annoying

Monique is smoke

Knippenberg is punchable

On 4/26/2021 at 9:46 AM, lateshow said:

Totally agree. I've never cared anything about F1, but I started this on the recommendation of Surly. Fantastic. 

They had one on the top league of India cricket and I was fascinated.

Checked an episode of Apache and ended up binge watching most of the first season. Good story about a kid who grows up in the slums of Argentina to make it big (soccer) Second season is slated for August. 

I just started Sons of Sam. Now that's the New York where I grew up - filthy and crime ridden - not the shiney yuppie playground people think of today.

Finished it last night. Interesting, but it’s more about the journalist Maury Terry than Berkowitz.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 5/6/2021 at 11:28 PM, ajax said:

I just started Sons of Sam. Now that's the New York where I grew up - filthy and crime ridden - not the shiney yuppie playground people think of today.

A much more interesting New York, for sure. 

As a kid visiting New York City in the mid 80’s I was terrified. The subway ride is still probably the most scared I’ve ever been in my life.

On 5/8/2021 at 7:18 PM, tbone_ said:

4 eps into Peaky Blinders. Great show.

It is a great show.  The only thing that frustrated me was it seemed as though when they got to the last episode of a season, they tried to wrap up too much shit in a short period of time.

3 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

The new “Love, Death & Robots” has some good ones. 
If you have teens watch the “all through the house” vignette. Funny. 

Just about ready to start the new season and came in here to see if anyone was heaping praise upon it yet. Judging the number of episodes and the length of each, it's going to go quick (like I did in South Austin's mom).

55 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Just about ready to start the new season and came in here to see if anyone was heaping praise upon it yet. Judging the number of episodes and the length of each, it's going to go quick (like I did in South Austin's mom).

It is a quick watch. There (to me) is only one dud in the bunch and that’s the last one. The rest were solid to really good. The first season I think top to bottom was better but this season is no slouch. Even the episode I thought was slow, still had cool stuff to it. 

Just finished the documentary Framing John Delorian, about the guy that made the sweet ass cars from the eighties. Evidently, they stopped making the cars at some point since then. Anyway, Morena Bacarin plays his wife in the reenactments and Alec Baldwin gives a lot of commentary too

• Hook 'Em 1

Army of the Dead didn’t need the daughter subplot and could’ve excised 20 minutes of runtime. The team could’ve just happened upon the women instead of involving the daughter at all. The Coyote could’ve provided all the exposition needed on why the women were there.