Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

Fresh Fried and Crispy is pretty awesome.  Huge dude that used to review fast food out of his car on YouTube apparently, who got famous enough to get a Netflix series where he goes to a city and eats at 3-4 places and then picks what he liked best.  Guy is crazy charismatic and loves food like my dogs if they were people.

Just started on S2 of kominsky method tonight. 
It’s as great as the first. Jane Seymour still sexy, Douglas is his usual charming self, and Alan Arkin kills me as always. 

Catching up on this one, halfway through season 2. So many great aspects to the show.

On 6/10/2021 at 3:43 PM, Captainant said:

Glad to see someone else has seen this - it's pretty amazing considering that it was written, performed, filmed, edited, and produced all by Bo over the course of a year-plus while in lockdown. The first half is pretty funny with some good songs, the back half (after the intermission) gets pretty real and dark and inside Bo's head.

So far they've put a couple of the songs on YT

this thing blew my mind.  I watched it and then immediately started it again.  I'll probably watch one more time tonight.  

So if Cocomelon legit crack cocaine for anyone else's baby?

We try to limit screen time for our 18 month old to virtually zero, and even when we do have something on in the background, she barely has a passing interest in it, even things like Pixar movies. So we thought we were doing pretty good. But a friend randomly put on Cocomelon for her kid on a recent trip, and ours legit lost her mind and seemed to already know most of the songs. Apparently, she must be getting this shit mainlined to her at daycare.

I guess it's nice to have an ace in the hole for something to settle her down, but this shit seems to hypnotize kids.

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

We try to limit screen time for our 18 month old to virtually zero, and even when we do have something on in the background, she barely has a passing interest in it, even things like Pixar movies. So we thought we were doing pretty good. But a friend randomly put on Cocomelon for her kid on a recent trip, and ours legit lost her mind and seemed to already know most of the songs. Apparently, she must be getting this shit mainlined to her at daycare.

I guess it's nice to have an ace in the hole for something to settle her down, but this shit seems to hypnotize kids.

1. Obtain megaphone

2. Go to playground

3. Play intro noise from Cocomelon on megaphone

4. ???

5. Profit

On second thought, no. Don't do that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/14/2021 at 9:48 AM, Hozz said:

Fresh Fried and Crispy is pretty awesome.  Huge dude that used to review fast food out of his car on YouTube apparently, who got famous enough to get a Netflix series where he goes to a city and eats at 3-4 places and then picks what he liked best.  Guy is crazy charismatic and loves food like my dogs if they were people.

4 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Shit my pre-K kid loves it.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, drifter379 said:

Holy fuck was that a bad movie. I don’t even know where to start.

I was kinda jealous of the trucks they used. Those were f'n Cadillacs compared to OG rigs I ran. The bobtail stunts were impressive (I want to see the outtakes) But the plot holes... 

tenor.gif?itemid=12724953

14 hours ago, RPM said:

@drifter379 should love this one. How many seconds into the movie before there's a critical fuck up?

Has anyone ever made more money in their career by playing the exact same character in every movie roll like Liam has in the last 15 years?  I stoped watching his shit movies a couple movies after taken 2, catch one on tv years later for a few minutes and it’s the same shit. 

Edited by Hook1997

5 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Has anyone ever made more money in their career by playing the exact same character in every movie roll like Liam has in the last 15 years?  I stoped watching his shit movies a couple movies after taken 2, catch one on tv years later for a few minutes and it’s the same shit. 

Last 15?  Tom Cruise. Every character is Ethan Hunt

• Like 1

22 hours ago, drifter379 said:

This might be the worst movie ever!! I can’t wait to see it!!

How many trucks does it take to haul 300ft of pipe?

Man, I'm a sucker for movies that, going in, you know are going to be hilariously awful and then somehow manage to be even worse than you could possibly imagine.

This movie does not disappoint.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, RPM said:

Iliza Shlesinger has a new movie, Good on Paper. Not horrible, based on one of her exboyfriends.

20 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Iliza Shlesinger has a new Netflix thing, this time it's a movie, Good on Paper.

She got married a few years ago.  I forgot what else I was going to say.

iliza-shlesinger-noah-galuten-married-we

Her wedding train is very distracting

c114d0274571bb111788e6b6679c82d8.jpg

__opt__aboutcom__coeus__resources__conte

• Hook 'Em 1

late arrival to lupin.
if you haven't watched it, get your shit together.  and subs > dubs.
s1 and s2 are out (10 total eps), s3 is coming hopefully by end of year.

Also, don’t try and watch the dubs with the subtitles on. I’m not sure Netflix captioners are actually watching the same show.
  • Like 1

My wife enjoyed Good on Paper way more than I did. I thought it was solid and enjoyable. She thought it was hilarious.

I thought it could have been outstanding with a tighter script. It's still hard to believe it's a true story.

I’m sometimes super late on shows … The Kominsky Method is fantastic TV.  Just finished all three seasons. I stalled the first time I tried it but this time it hooked in easy and kept me the whole time. Anyone not yet watch it, do, the writing is great, humor is superb and while dry and witty I laughed hard.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1