Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

Wild, Wild Country was an incredible docu-series, with the creators giving shifting perspectives on where you should eventually land as viewers.  I had no idea the extent of the ensuing chaos as a (somehow) buried chapter of recent American history.  Absolutely bat-shit. I'd love to hear opinions after viewing all six parts on both Sheela and Osho/Bhajwan. 

I've never downloaded something from Netflix on my phone to watch later.  I spend a fair amount of time on airplanes.  If I download something to my phone using the Netflix app, how long will it stay on my device before it "expires" or can no longer be viewed?  I'd hate to board a flight expecting to watch something and get stuck having to read or (God forbid) work.

20 hours ago, BigBenBamboozle said:

Wild, Wild Country was an incredible docu-series, with the creators giving shifting perspectives on where you should eventually land as viewers.  I had no idea the extent of the ensuing chaos as a (somehow) buried chapter of recent American history.  Absolutely bat-shit. I'd love to hear opinions after viewing all six parts on both Sheela and Osho/Bhajwan. 

I started a separate thread on it in this forum. I find the topic very interesting and would love some more discussion.

2 hours ago, Hoosier Longhorn said:

Currently I'm watching Jessica Jones. I'm not a Marvel or sci fi guy but so far I like it for the most part. 

First season is really strong.  Changes a lot in the second and not sold yet.  They seem to have trouble keeping these going for more than the initial storyline. 

On 3/25/2018 at 10:55 AM, kmac30 said:

I blitzkreig'd Babylon Berlin season 1 on my way home from Italy yesterday.  Awesome series. I took German in high school and college and it's actually coming back as its going along.  Makes it easier to only read half of the show.

so good.  Lotte sort of grows on you, then you see her naked and she really grows on you!  Love this show.

Babylon-Berlin-Lisa-Liv-Fries-Charlotte-

On 3/25/2018 at 10:55 AM, kmac30 said:

I blitzkreig'd Babylon Berlin season 1 on my way home from Italy yesterday.  Awesome series. I took German in high school and college and it's actually coming back as its going along.  Makes it easier to only read half of the show.

Along with the 2006 Rose Bowl, it is the best thing I've seen on TV in the last 15  years.

New season of Trailer Park Boys is way better than any of the other netflix original seasons. It's way more contained and just has them up to their old shenanigans. The dialogue doesn't seem forced and they aren't caricatures of their old selves. And none of the famous person bullshit and ridiculous guest spots that ruined the flow. 

No J-Roc though which is fucked up. And RIP Lahey

• Like 1

Altered Carbon was a pretty fun watch as well. Very cyberpunk. 

Agreed on Altered Carbon. Was a great watch.

In the middle of Jessica Jones S2.

Got a few eps into Wild Country and then lost interest.

On 3/27/2018 at 12:46 AM, Hurtlocker said:

The first half of it was fucking hilarious, it kind of faded though.   Hoping season 2 is a riot.

Do I need to add Stranger Things?

I think season 2 was better than 1 - pretty strong ending. It’s an easy watch for simple entertainment.

Stranger Things is solid and unique. You should add it.

Just finished season 4 of Peaky Blinders last night.  I had given up on it a couple times because I was tired of rewinding it to figure out what they said, but once I turned on subtitles I stuck with it. Toward the end (for now anyway) Tommy is such a shithead it reminded me of how painful it became to watch Walter White in the last couple seasons of BB.  I think Peaky Blinders peaked when they were just a bunch of Small Heath thugs running bets.  It's a good show and I'll watch season 5 next year, but I think I enjoyed it earlier more than later.  

Just now, Chuychanga said:

Just finished season 4 of Peaky Blinders last night.  I had given up on it a couple times because I was tired of rewinding it to figure out what they said, but once I turned on subtitles I stuck with it. Toward the end (for now anyway) Tommy is such a shithead it reminded me of how painful it became to watch Walter White in the last couple seasons of BB.  I think Peaky Blinders peaked when they were just a bunch of Small Heath thugs running bets.  It's a good show and I'll watch season 5 next year, but I think I enjoyed it earlier more than later.  

In for more slo-mo shots of them walking and smoking?  I swear that's 30% of the series.

10 hours ago, bigcigar said:

I think season 2 was better than 1 - pretty strong ending. It’s an easy watch for simple entertainment

Stranger Things is solid and unique. You should add it.

Thanks for the insight on Santa Clara 2.     As for Stranger Things, I should have been more specific.  I burned through both seasons, I meant do I even need to bring it up as a definite Netflix watch or is that in the "well of course, knucklehead" category?