Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

On 9/19/2021 at 12:19 PM, Js1 said:

Sex Ed season 3 was great. Jackson looks like the love child between Rebecca and Sam from Ted Lasso. Just funny Hannah Waddingham is in both 

Good to hear.  Its on deck for us after we finish The Flight Attendant.  Which I could not be more apathetic about. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Good to hear.  Its on deck for us after we finish The Flight Attendant.  Which I could not be more apathetic about. 

There was a lot of really good, interesting side character development outside of Otis and Maeve and Eric and Jean that was enjoyable.  Added a lot of depth to the entire cast, I think, by elaborating more on characters like Adam, Ola, Jakob, Lily, Jackson, Viv, Aimee and Ruby. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Hozz said:

Clickbait.  I didn't love the cast.  Or the acting.  Or the...script.  But the story and pacing kept us wanting to watch the next one every single time an episode was over.

I’m halfway through it. It’s terrible and awesome at the same time. Most of the characters are annoying and the story is pretty ridiculous. But some of the shitty acting and beyond stupid scenes make it hilarious at times. Whoever made this was trying way too hard 

1 hour ago, You don't know me said:

I finished it up last night.  It definitely kept me interested.  Extremely violent.

Spoiler

Do not read unless you want to spoil the show...

Damn, the marble scene was brutal for me. The wife and husband partnering up. Oof. Then, the realization by the Indian guy that his partner fucked him over was brutal to watch. The old guy getting it at the end really bummed me out. Then revealing that he was still alive in the final episode and it was all his game at the end was a gut punch. 

Edited by Droopy
extra spoiler protection
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

If you’ve got younger kids and are looking for a step up from Shrek’s Halloween level Halloween movies (and shrek is at least fun) NightBooks was pretty solid.  It’s a kids suspense show, but enjoyable enough for the parents to watch with the kids. My kids love Halloween but are too young for Freddie and Jason, so it’s nice to find stuff their level that we can watch together 

• Hook 'Em 2

Stayed up late binging Midnight Mass not sure how I feel about it, a lot to process. Definitely can see why some might hate it and some might love it. Hits on some very difficult points that most directors could never pull off. I will say this Linklater who plays the Preacher can act his balls off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Stayed up late binging Midnight Mass not sure how I feel about it, a lot to process. Definitely can see why some might hate it and some might love it. Hits on some very difficult points that most directors could never pull off. I will say this Linklater who plays the Preacher can act his balls off.

Goddamnit Tapatalk. I’ll never come to this thread again.

Probably already discussed... Just Finished "BlackSpace " series and enjoyed this murder mystery.  I like that it was only 8 episodes, so a shorter binge watch.

Btw, the acting was just ok, and English dubbing a little off.  On a scale of 1 to 10, it's probably a 7.5, but I would watch it again...

Just rewatched season 1 of Broadchurch recently.  It is SOOOOO good. It was Mare of Easttown before Mare of Easttown, but without the Murder Durdur accents.  I know a bunch of us recommended it upthread, but if you haven't watched, definitely take the time and do so.  

Olivia Colman, David Tennant, and Jodie Whittaker.  In season 2, we get those plus Phoebe Waller-Bridge and Charlotte Rampling.

• Like 3

Just rewatched season 1 of Broadchurch recently.  It is SOOOOO good. It was Mare of Easttown before Mare of Easttown, but without the Murder Durdur accents.  I know a bunch of us recommended it upthread, but if you haven't watched, definitely take the time and do so.  
Olivia Colman, David Tennant, and Jodie Whittaker.  In season 2, we get those plus Phoebe Waller-Bridge and Charlotte Rampling.

See above. Right up your alley.

On 9/29/2021 at 1:13 PM, Gene Parmesan said:

I plowed through Midnight Mass.  It's less horror and more just spooky, but I enjoyed a lot of the dialogue.  Definitely a good watch if you are a fan of the other horror ventures Flannagan did on Netflix (Hill House, Bly Manor)

Enjoyed.  Unlike others, I didn't care for the Preacher man's acting.  His cadence or something with his voice was off.  But, it slowly grew on me and even more so after learning about his history.

Edited by Hmmm

On 10/2/2021 at 9:54 PM, wutang75 said:

The Chestnut Man is great after 3 episodes. “Nordic” Crime shows rarely miss for me.

1 ep in and I'm already hooked.  I'm a sucker for these as well.  Always subtitles though.  Never dubbed in English.

Edited by TexasHooch
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1