Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

It is now 20 years old but I loved The Mole. Netflix is showing now. Group of 10 are working challenges to put money into the pot that only one of them will win. One of them is The Mole and working to sabotage the group on challenges. Each week contestants answer questions about who they think the mole is. Person with least amount of correct answers gets booted off. Anderson Cooper is the host.

• Like 2

Somos is a sad reminder of how fucked up it all is. Everyone likes the stories,  Narcos, El Chapo, etc, but there's a lot of collateral damage and Somos tells part of that story. 
Changing gears, Wild District is pretty damn good if you need something. 
Somos is fucking wild. Also proves that being in jail 2 days was the scariest 2 days in my life.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Old recommendation but never forgot that Arrested Development is always on Netflix. I can’t recall how long it’s been since I’ve re-watched season 1. It’s an almost perfect comedy, IMO. From Carl Weathers playing himself to Gob and Michael being in a telenovela relationship with a telenovela actress.

Team Marta 1

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Old recommendation but never forgot that Arrested Development is always on Netflix. I can’t recall how long it’s been since I’ve re-watched season 1. It’s an almost perfect comedy, IMO. From Carl Weathers playing himself to Gob and Michael being in a telenovela relationship with a telenovela actress.

Team Marta 1

You're a good guy, mon frere. That means “brother” in French. I don't know why I know that. I took four years of Spanish.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Red Five said:

You're a good guy, mon frere. That means “brother” in French. I don't know why I know that. I took four years of Spanish.

I watched that episode early this morning when I couldn't sleep. Arrested Development was such smart writing, and had more laughs in the average minute that most sitcoms have in 30 minutes.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/26/2021 at 10:27 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I watched that episode early this morning when I couldn't sleep. Arrested Development was such smart writing, and had more laughs in the average minute that most sitcoms have in 30 minutes.

Veep did an amazing Job at doing the multiple jokes in a scene like AD did. 

And Tobias is such an amazing character it’s absurd. Cross was born for that role 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

Anyone that’s interested in NBA hoops and remember the craziness of this shit should take a peek.  I watched it tonight and it’s pretty wild 

Had my alarm set for when it would drop, that was one of the craziest sports stories of the last twenty years. (But nobody remembers Mad Max vs Portland fans setting the precedent a decade before).....

Edited by Gourmand
  • Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

Anyone that’s interested in NBA hoops and remember the craziness of this shit should take a peek.  I watched it tonight and it’s pretty wild 

Good stuff. I had forgotten Tim Donaghy was reffing that night but of course he was. 

I would highly recommend Hit and Run, a former Israeli Special Forces guy now just a tour guide in Israel has his wife kidnapped and it drags him into shitstorm across the pond in NY.  Stars Lior Raz from Fauda.  If you liked Fauda you will like this show, binged it and thought it was very good.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/8/2021 at 10:25 AM, demos said:

18d5d5216e14615cc24dffe8672fa1a4.jpg

That really wasn’t worth 6 episodes, especially when you remember that the first documentary was only about 2hrs long.

Spoiler

Lol at the guy whose uncle was arrested 15 years earlier for being a dirty cop.  "I gave him the money.  He just waited 'til the statute of limitations ran out.  I'll prove it.  There's a safe under the floor where we all used to live".

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Good stuff. I had forgotten Tim Donaghy was reffing that night but of course he was. 

Laughed out loud when I saw that. "Of course it was him" went through my head

3 hours ago, Post Oak said:

Just watched The Malice at the Palace.  Really well done.  Players got fucked imo.

Correct. O'Neil especially. Jackson was always nuts and looking for an excuse to punch someone. Artest had some issues. Felt so bad for O'Neil and Reggie. Guy who threw the cup and the short fat dude that ran on the court are jackasses. You deserve to get knocked the fuck out if you run on the court and bow up to a player. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/19/2021 at 5:52 PM, CooterBrown said:

Fear Street 1994 was pretty dang enjoyable for what it is…a mishmash of Stranger Things, Goosebumps, and Scream. Another movies where they spent a ton on the soundtrack. Looking forward to the next two installments.

Our oldest begged us to watch the trilogy. The first was decent but the next two were a lot better. 1978 is a nice Friday the 13th homage. 

3 hours ago, Scraps said:

The little dumbass that O'Neal punched needs his ass kicked again 

Charlie Haddad who decided to go on the court and square up against Arrest, and John Green, the fucking idiot who threw the beer to start the whole thing, they both deserved to get their asses kicked thoroughly, and unfortunately Green got away with it (well, got away without an ass kicking, he was arrested and charged and all that).

Haddad must have been suicidal.

On 8/1/2021 at 4:23 PM, Hozz said:

Outer Banks S2 came out Friday.  This seems like a show I would hate on paper but I love it.  Good couples watch too.

Damn you.  I couldn't find anything else to watch, so I put this one on after reading your blurb.  You described my feelings exactly.  I don't know why I like it - other than the hippy chick - but it's pretty good.

45 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Damn you.  I couldn't find anything else to watch, so I put this one on after reading your blurb.  You described my feelings exactly.  I don't know why I like it - other than the hippy chick - but it's pretty good.

I found out yesterday the dude from 247, Josh Pate, created and wrote the show.  Seems random but apparently he's written other movies and TV as well.

• Hook 'Em 1