Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

28 minutes ago, drifter379 said:

Whachu talking?

I have zero experience with Korean accents. Are they really bad?

I'm not Korean either but this sounds like a terrible rendition of Americans trying to do Australian accent for 25 minutes

2 hours ago, 52-80 said:

I'm not Korean either but this sounds like a terrible rendition of Americans trying to do Australian accent for 25 minutes

Appa is actually from Korea

Uma is from Chicago lol 

On 5/19/2019 at 5:54 PM, drifter379 said:

Whachu talking?

I have zero experience with Korean accents. Are they really bad?

Drifter379 sneaka attack!

On 5/14/2019 at 12:30 AM, LonghornJudas said:

Started watching this afternoon. So god damn good. Thanks for posting it.

Same.   Great show.  So many great little details.  Appa is the man...  laughed my ass off with the farting in the walk-in fridge

• Haha 1

On 5/18/2019 at 1:57 PM, LonghornJudas said:

Completely agree. Finished that last episode last night and kind of shook my head when there wasn't another episode. I mean what else is there left to reveal other than pre-accident stuff that we don't already know? I really have no interest in the mother-in-law's problems, or even the events before the accident.

Liked the show.  OK with another season

Pose season 1 just came out on Netflix. Loved the show on cable, my gf and I watched the whole season on fire island with the gay boys. Was a steep lesson in gay and trans culture in NYC both on TV and on the island for this baby gay. Anyway, it’s a great show. And watching it doesn’t mean you’re a chaser.

Enjoying season 3 of easy too. The open marriage story line is painful to watch. I know some like that, I didn’t. The guy seems like a cuck. I’d throat punch every dude she sleeps with if I could.

I watched some horror/thriller movie called The Perfection not knowing anything about it aside from Alison Williams (Get Out, Girls) being in it. All I gotta say is Jesus f’n Christ. Definitely not for the faint of heart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New show starting Rene Zellweger called “What/If”.

Broad premise - Zellweger’s character is a mysterious mega rich VC. Plot is a modern take on “Indecent Proposal”. Kind of a thriller soap; think “Revenge” and with some “Bloodline” and fictionalized theme of the Theranos tale mixed together.

By no means groundbreaking television but nonetheless an entertaining watch and if you’re looking for something you can watch with the wife or girlfriend, this is a great choice.

And while Zelwellger’s face is the victim of too much Botox and plastic surgery, her body be BANGING.

But be warned, there’s a three way guy/guy/guy sex scene. It’s in no way graphic - some kissing and rolling around with some mighty fine booties on display - but I know that can trigger some of our more, ahem, masculine boys.

It actually does serve the characters and plot so it’s not just thrown in there willy nilly.

There are some boobies to even it out.

Oh, and the fashion is FABULOUS. So another element your lady friends will enjoy.

Our of the blue, I binged HUGE in France. I thought it was funny and entertaining. I had no idea who Gad was, but I’d like to take his son in the show and slap the crap out of him and tell him to straighten up. All the characters are pretty LA self-centered.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2019 at 11:18 AM, Pato del Muerto said:

Watched dead to me, really enjoyed it. However, would have preferred they end the story instead of stop and set up a season 2. Not everything needs multiple seasons. Tell the whole story in the 10 episodes, or tell it in 12 or 15 or 20. But don’t drag it out and don’t tell some of it and then see if you want to tell some more later. 

This isn’t the 20th century, if you have a good idea then tell the story and move on to the next idea. 

yeah that’s not how it works. television is a business, not a bedtime story. 

I saw the show Colony pop back into my list of recommendations, but the shows for the last season don't have descriptions and so I looked it up and the show was cancelled last year. It seems like they didn't do any series finale, just a season ending cliffhanger. I like Sawyer from LOST and they have another actor who does the weasel like political type guy well. Its family drama and personal relationship show with aliens that you never see. I almost think its better to stop a decent show before it turns to crap like nearly every other serialized drama in the past fifteen years. I haven't heard of a single good ending or series finale for any of these kinds of show either.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2019 at 4:17 AM, Bama Chick said:

New show starting Rene Zellweger called “What/If”.

Broad premise - Zellweger’s character is a mysterious mega rich VC. Plot is a modern take on “Indecent Proposal”. Kind of a thriller soap; think “Revenge” and with some “Bloodline” and fictionalized theme of the Theranos tale mixed together.

By no means groundbreaking television but nonetheless an entertaining watch and if you’re looking for something you can watch with the wife or girlfriend, this is a great choice.

And while Zelwellger’s face is the victim of too much Botox and plastic surgery, her body be BANGING.

But be warned, there’s a three way guy/guy/guy sex scene. It’s in no way graphic - some kissing and rolling around with some mighty fine booties on display - but I know that can trigger some of our more, ahem, masculine boys.

It actually does serve the characters and plot so it’s not just thrown in there willy nilly.

There are some boobies to even it out.

Oh, and the fashion is FABULOUS. So another element your lady friends will enjoy.

"Boobies" v everything else you wrote.  Unless the boobs are of Emma Watson and shown non-stop for 45 mins, I'm out.

On 5/27/2019 at 11:10 AM, trza-hawk said:

I saw the show Colony pop back into my list of recommendations, but the shows for the last season don't have descriptions and so I looked it up and the show was cancelled last year. It seems like they didn't do any series finale, just a season ending cliffhanger. I like Sawyer from LOST and they have another actor who does the weasel like political type guy well. Its family drama and personal relationship show with aliens that you never see. I almost think its better to stop a decent show before it turns to crap like nearly every other serialized drama in the past fifteen years. I haven't heard of a single good ending or series finale for any of these kinds of show either.

Yeah this got abruptly cancelled. With no resolution to the story.  And it was actually better in the later season but then cancelled.