Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

Enjoying the hell out of Dark Crystal.  Just fun and enjoyable and is amazing to look at.  Far more involved than I was ever expecting.  I wouldn't say game of thrones.  More LoTR.  I I'm surprised I'm not annoyed by some of the sillier aspects, because they keep it fun.

11 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

British bake off, but one episode per week?   

I think this season is also airing in the UK right now, so I'm sure it was the only way Netflix could show it at the same time instead of waiting several months.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2019 at 10:03 PM, rantanamo said:

Enjoying the hell out of Dark Crystal.  Just fun and enjoyable and is amazing to look at.  Far more involved than I was ever expecting.  I wouldn't say game of thrones.  More LoTR.  I I'm surprised I'm not annoyed by some of the sillier aspects, because they keep it fun.

I am hanging in there.  It is good enough I suppose  

I swear I’ll get distracted by my phone and look away from screw.  Then all the loud breathing by the characters sounds like I accidentally have Cinemax on. Then I look up and it’s just a bunch of Gelflings pushing a wagon. 

Edited by A-Tex Devil

21 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

I am hanging in there.  It is good enough I suppose  

I swear I’ll get distracted by my phone and look away from screw.  Then all the loud breathing by the characters sounds like I accidentally have Cinemax on. Then I look up and it’s just a bunch of Gelflings pushing a wagon. 

I don't know how anyone (besides the dorks around here addicted to star wars cartoons) can keep watching. I wanted to like it for nostalgia reasons, but it just boils down to many, many hours of muppets. Creepy looking muppets.

3 minutes ago, rage-a-holic said:

I don't know how anyone (besides the dorks around here addicted to star wars cartoons) can keep watching. I wanted to like it for nostalgia reasons, but it just boils down to many, many hours of muppets. Creepy looking muppets.

To each their own.  Better show than 95% of the bullshit on Netflix

14 minutes ago, Longhorn Al said:

I just finished the Bill Burr special.  It wasn't that funny.  I just didn't laugh all that hard at any of his jokes.  I love a lot of his older bits and was looking forward to this.  Chappelle's was far and away funnier.

The hardest laugh I got from Bill was the airbag joke.

Clearly triggered

14 minutes ago, Longhorn Al said:

I just finished the Bill Burr special.  It wasn't that funny.  I just didn't laugh all that hard at any of his jokes.  I love a lot of his older bits and was looking forward to this.  Chappelle's was far and away funnier.

The airbag was my favorite as well, huge laugh from that.

20 minutes ago, Longhorn Al said:

I'm the exact opposite. I don't remember audibly laughing at Chappelle's latest (though I'm not entirely sure that's his primary goal anymore). Where this seemed to be a return to form for Bill after a couple of lackluster specials in a row.

The bit in the Burr special (about how the evolution of what kind of Me Too allegation it took to cancel someone) where's he screaming at the knocked over mic stand "BECAUSE YOU HAVE A DICK AND BALLS!" had me in tears.

Overall, outstanding special.  Better than his last.  More viscerally funny to me than Chappelle's, but not quite as heady/intelligent.

The bit in the Burr special (about how the evolution of what kind of Me Too allegation it took to cancel someone) where's he screaming at the knocked over mic stand "BECAUSE YOU HAVE A DICK AND BALLS!" had me in tears.
Overall, outstanding special.  Better than his last.  More viscerally funny to me than Chappelle's, but not quite as heady/intelligent.

You know what? I think we got ‘em all. It started out with these horrific stories with guys beating off in plants and shit.
  • Like 3