Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

33 minutes ago, Dylan383 said:

Will go back to Ozark and Narcos. I have a feeling I’ll like PB since I really enjoy Tom Hardy in everything I’ve seen him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom hardy doesn’t have much of a role. It’s a cool part and he kills it when he’s on screen, but he’s not on screen much. 

Just watched Ghosts of Sugarland. Thought it was pretty "meh". Hard to tell a compelling story in that short amount of time, especially the way they did it. Also have no clue what the deal was with the masks. Are they under the impression that those masks do a sufficient job of hiding their identity, or is there something else that i'm completely missing?

Edited by Goo Punch

1 hour ago, Goo Punch said:

There was a thread on this site about the best TV shows ever, and a decent portion of that thread was the PB fanboys claiming it was as good as Breaking Bad, The Sopranos, The Wire, etc, along with another sizable portion of posters who were like, "uh, no it's not", including several, like me, who watched an entire season or more of PB and could not get into it. 

i don't care if you or anyone else wants to watch PB, go right ahead; maybe it's your cup of tea. just know that the PB fanboys are some of the most defensive and delusional fanboys on the site, and that it's nowhere near the level of any of the shows listed above. it's on par with Ozark and Sons of Anarchy and stuff like that. but don't believe the hype about it being one of the greatest shows ever. it's not. 

If a significant number of folks on a thread about the best show on TV are were endorsing PB, then that probably means it's pretty good or at least worth checking out. If there was a sizable portion of folks saying the opposite, that just means it is controversial. Given all that, it is definitely still worth checking out because there is a pretty good chance that a lot of folks will like it. Now, show me on the doll where Peaky Blinders touched you, because you obviously have a lot of trauma over it.

• Like 2

Lilyhammer.

This was discussed a bit on TOS years ago, but it's popped up again on my NF home screen.  I'm watching it again and it's just as good the second time around.

Odd but entertaining as hell.  Highly recommend.

image.thumb.png.1dde60e9ca286c9abb5c3be10fdadc6e.png

Edited by Mach 1

On 12/14/2019 at 6:09 PM, Sejjr said:

6 Underground is definitely Peak Bay. And despite the tissue paper thin story and dialogue, it was pretty entertaining.

On 12/14/2019 at 7:05 PM, Dylan383 said:

I couldn’t stop watching it. What a great entertaining surprise. Glad to have Michael Bay back in fine form!

Its one of those awesome bad movies. Doubt I would watch it twice (other than the car chase scene) but its was fairly entertaining, despite the cheesedick dialogue and numerous plot holes. 

3 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Its one of those awesome bad movies. Doubt I would watch it twice (other than the car chase scene) but its was fairly entertaining, despite the cheesedick dialogue and numerous plot holes. 

The whole movie is a huge plot hole, but very entertaining, and nicely choreographed. Running the nuns off the road was hilarious.

On 12/14/2019 at 10:54 PM, Dylan383 said:

Will go back to Ozark and Narcos. I have a feeling I’ll like PB since I really enjoy Tom Hardy in everything I’ve seen him.

Don't watch it strictly for Tom Hardy. He's not featured all that much. When he is, he's great as usual, but it's not a big part.

• Like 1

• Narcos (Columbia) Seasons 1& 2
  • Stranger Things
  • Ozark (Awesome)
  • Secret City (Really enjoyed it -- underrated)
  • Mindhunter
  • Breaking Bad (Just in case you haven't seen)
  • BroadChurch
  • Faulty Towers
  • Sex Education
  • The Umbrella Academy
  • Collateral
  • The Fall
  • Glow
  • Derry Girls
  • Russian Doll
  • Bodyguard
  • The Crown
  • Peaky Blinders
  • Narcos Mexico (Watch original Narcos first)

Fawlty

Otherwise a pretty good list.

14 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

New true crime docuseries - “Don’t Fuck With Cats : Hunting An Internet Killer”.

Don’t want to spoil anything because this shit is bananas! It’s only three one-hour episodes so it’s an easy watch.

Here’s the trailer -

2nd this recco. Just crazy. 

14 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

New true crime docuseries - “Don’t Fuck With Cats : Hunting An Internet Killer”.

Don’t want to spoil anything because this shit is bananas! It’s only three one-hour episodes so it’s an easy watch.

Here’s the trailer -

If this is the story I am thinking about, then I am not sure "easy watch" is the right term.

On 12/18/2019 at 8:43 PM, Bama Chick said:

Here’s the trailer -

Just finished it. I’m sure I heard about the story when it happened but I don’t remember it. Crazy stuff but we’ll done. 

Working through the cats thing now. It’s...full tilt boogie bananas so far, about halfway through. Feels like there’s more twists yet to come. 

i watched joker last night, so it’s been an interesting couple nights of before bed media. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

Holy shit! Didn't realize that was a $150m budget. Reynolds got paid $27m.

I’m super glad they made it but I don’t see how it pays off for Netflix. Will they get that many new subscribers from 6 Underground? Now on the other had the Cat doc is worth every cent.