Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

2 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

just started watching Shameless a few days ago, and it's awesome. been meaning to check this out for a while now. glad i did.  

First few seasons were pretty good. You should check out the British original version.

On 12/19/2019 at 1:53 PM, Bama Chick said:

The content is definitely disturbing but, if anyone is worried, they never actually show or make you listen to the really bad shit. I still covered my eyes even when short clips of the videos were shown.

They describe the incident(s) in enough detail to warrant fast-fwd for me and my wife. Then they keep calling back to it with short clips and freeze frames, I could have done without that...just briefly describe it once in the beginning and viewers will certainly remember.

I also think they totally whiffed on the message they try to hit us with at the ending:

Spoiler

So we're encouraging more batshit serial killers by watching all their Netflix docs? Fuck off. If anything, the problem is mostly well-off viewers latching onto these far-fetched crimes while ignoring the ones right under our noses (domestic abuse, opioids, etc.). But those would be depressing TV shows, so let us have our entertainment.

2 hours ago, RPM said:

First few seasons were pretty good. You should check out the British original version.

It's been more than a minute for me, but my experience was watching the UK version first, then I tried the American version and found it not near as good.

On 12/25/2019 at 7:21 AM, Bartles said:

They describe the incident(s) in enough detail to warrant fast-fwd for me and my wife. Then they keep calling back to it with short clips and freeze frames, I could have done without that...just briefly describe it once in the beginning and viewers will certainly remember.

I also think they totally whiffed on the message they try to hit us with at the ending:

Reveal hidden contents

So we're encouraging more batshit serial killers by watching all their Netflix docs? Fuck off. If anything, the problem is mostly well-off viewers latching onto these far-fetched crimes while ignoring the ones right under our noses (domestic abuse, opioids, etc.). But those would be depressing TV shows, so let us have our entertainment.

I did the same thing and when describing what he was doing I would turn my head and try not to listen. I didn’t care for the preachy ending. 

On 12/15/2019 at 12:52 PM, Dylan383 said:

Speaking of Peaky Blinders, the writer behind the series is behind the new take on a Christmas Carol on FX and BBC this coming Thursday night. It looks good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s probably not for everyone and definitely not kids but I enjoyed it immensely. 

37 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Is magicians worth starting? 

Some smoking hot babes. Easy to follow along. It ain’t winning emmys. But it’s still fantasy stuff which I like 

37 minutes ago, Dylan383 said:

How does that show rate overall? I missed that series when it began.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s fantasy. I like it. Not sure how to rate it... similar to the Sanarra chronicles. Badlands. The Witcher.  

I dig that stuff. Oh and the hot babes 

Just watched “It Comes At Night”, which showed up in my suggestions. Some sort of infectious disease end world scenario playing out in the woods. I like intimate horror/thriller movies like this that don’t try and explain the whole thing or have some elaborate sequence of events/gore/explosions, but instead play on tension.

Watched 6 Underground on a flight today. Definitely enjoyable. Bay really relished in filming bodies getting destroyed by cars. It’s like they developed the perfect stunt dummy that actually looked real and reacted realistically when hit that they then decided to fucking kill it about 75 times in two hours.

You is great. Always heard about it after season 1 dropped last year and just got around to watching season 1 last month. Got hooked instantly. Me and my gf about to finish season 2. It's just as good if not better than season 1. Definitely like Dexter in a way that the main character narrates his thoughts throughout the show. And has that sinister feel to it. So many fucked up people in each season that seem normal on the surface.

• Like 1

On 12/29/2019 at 11:45 AM, BBQ2Bayou said:

Yeah I didn't want to hear that either. Probably still give it a shot.

Give it a shot.  Just found the show and binged it all in the last couple days.  It gets better and better.

Ends like they don't know if there will be season 3.

You gets better as the season goes on. I also would suggest the magicians. It’s not going to be anyone’s favorite show but it’s solid. A little quirky, the dialogue is hilarious, one of the girls will make you laugh out loud, some of the actors will make you bash your head in, and hotness. 

• Like 1

On 12/29/2019 at 9:11 PM, CooterBrown said:

Watched 6 Underground on a flight today. Definitely enjoyable. Bay really relished in filming bodies getting destroyed by cars. It’s like they developed the perfect stunt dummy that actually looked real and reacted realistically when hit that they then decided to fucking kill it about 75 times in two hours.

Watched it yesterday and said the exact thing to my wife.  That and the extreme close up of getting shot.

15 hours ago, Enchubben said:

Messiah is pretty good so far only two episodes in.

We've enjoyed this so far. I think we're 3 eps in or so.  It will be interesting to see how it plays out over time..

• Like 1