Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

On 6/7/2018 at 2:28 PM, Cheeseweasel said:

I think he was in on it and got played. Cost him his life. 

Agree with everything above, a few observations/questions I had:

I know Marge was in on it, I thought it was funny in one of the later interviews she gave with the producer, he asked her about her and Bill being seen at the pay phone, and she said since they were co-defendants in the Roden case, they were talking about that.  The police didn't even know about Roden until 3 weeks after the bank robbery, there was no Roden case at that point.

And I guess they had nothing substantial to tie Bill to the case, but c'mon.  The minute he said he rebuilt that staircase, and then melted down the shotgun with a torch, it was obvious that dude would have no problem building a bomb.

As far as Wells, I'd like to know - 1) the prostitute said he was with her until about 2:30 the day before the robbery, and he had to be at work at 4.  I'd like to know what time it was when the person almost hit him leaving Rothstein's house.  and 2) when the order came in for the pizzas, was Wells the only driver there, or did he volunteer to take them, knowing that was the "cue".  Never understood what the other delivery guy had to do with it, either.  

Couple of random thoughts, I'l like to read those scavenger hunt instructions and the notes on the inside of the bomb, just curious what they said, probably out there somewhere.

and two, what the fuck was the deal with all these goddam hoarders?  Every single damn one of them, weird.

Edited by UTCzech III
clarity

8 hours ago, Js1 said:

Did anyone actually enjoy S4.1 of Kimmy Schmidt? I found it extremely meh.  The Party Monster episode was such a waste of an episode when they only released 6 and the talking backpack was stupid.

I've watched up to the backpack and have loved it. The show has a consistent style that is definitely not for everyone, a lot of the jokes don't connect or are lost in the fast pace. But the money ones are worth it imo. Party Monster gets an A grade just for the "Innocence Broject"

18 hours ago, Dark Horse said:

Identity Thief?

The Change Up?

The Switch?

Couples Retreat?

The Ex?

The Break Up?

i wasn't the one making the argument, but i'm a big bateman fan.  the change-up is great, and the break-up is also good (but i wouldn't consider it a "jason bateman movie").  couples retreat was kinda paint by numbers but i find myself watching it when it pops on comedy central or whatever.

i didn't watch the ex, the switch, or identity thief.

29 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i wasn't the one making the argument, but i'm a big bateman fan.  the change-up is great, and the break-up is also good (but i wouldn't consider it a "jason bateman movie").  couples retreat was kinda paint by numbers but i find myself watching it when it pops on comedy central or whatever.

i didn't watch the ex, the switch, or identity thief.

identity thief will change your mind about bateman quickly 

23 hours ago, Chad said:

The best series on Netflix.

uh, how about no, scott.

the first season was passable.  but in reality, it was a sexual assault show cloaked in teen suicide drama.  if you think it's about suicide, you definitely only caught bits and pieces.  and yeah, a lot of the "reasons" weren't really reasons at all, which is unfortunate, because i liked how they were structuring the show that way.

season two is a fucking nightmare.  never should've happened at all.  they tried to continue the story, instead of just writing something new with the same basic cast, which was a mistake.  they try to force the girl who killed herself into every episode via flashback or, wait for it, a ghost who talks to the main dude. 

she's the most sympathetic in the pilot, and it goes downhill from there.  not what you want from the girl you're supposed to relate to or at the very least feel sorry for.  it was a beating.

1 hour ago, bluto said:

not a huge bateman fan but really liked 'bad words' 

and 13 reasons first season shoulda been condensed into like 8 reasons, quite a few are very fast forward-able

haha, bad words is hilarious.

I'm bout to go movies 123 that shit right now.

15 hours ago, Mileslong said:

Marco Polo is excellent

I watched season 1 and really enjoyed it. I've never started season 2, kinda got lost in the shuffle. 

Season 1 was really good, lot of violence, political intrigue, and, well, let's just say MikeGundy'sMullet would REALLY enjoy many scenes. 

I watched season 1 and really enjoyed it. I've never started season 2, kinda got lost in the shuffle. 
Season 1 was really good, lot of violence, political intrigue, and, well, let's just say MikeGundy'sMullet would REALLY enjoy many scenes. 

You should watch season 2, every bit as good if not better.

On 6/7/2018 at 6:33 PM, BigOrange1 said:

this looks very interesting:

This is pretty good.  I’m on episode 7 and then my mind was just blow......   I really can’t decide yet on what side I’m in for sure, I feel like he did it for sure and then I go back.

Staircase (Michael Peterson) wikipedia includes an interesting "Owl theory" that the show never brought up, nor was it mentioned in court. Series was interesting but dragged a little towards the end.

Pos rep for Ernest on the Backcountry rec. You sit through some typical buildup but damn the last 30 minutes are intense 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

The Stanford Prison Experiment was good.  Experimenter, about the Milgram shock experiment, was good too.  Both acted, not documentaries.  Watching them back-to-back fucked with mind for a little while, though. 

i watched both of these within a few days of each other as well a few months ago.  both very interesting