Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

53 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

Disappointed to see that.  I really enjoyed it.  Looks like the budget was the problem.  

Netflix has a full-blown Resident Evil series coming up to bat.    Toss in Witcher (which is a flagship franchise for them) and a few others, and yeah, unfortunately really big budget shows are going to be scrutinized.

For those of you who are enjoying Love on the Spectrum, Michael is very close to the main character in Atypical.   That is a great series.  

I think it's great how his parents can laugh at some of his statements and he doesn't take offense.  Just everything about them is pure and honest, straightforward.  

So I enjoy the crime docs etc....but holy fuck this I Am a Killer: Released is probably one of the first ones that is making my skin crawl....and I have watched a whole bunch of crazy shit before.

First 10 mins of episode 2 were just creepy as fuck to watch to me.

Class Action Park was a pretty good doc about Action Park, a dangerous Jersey water park that was killing guests way before Schlitterbahn.

Aw fuck. It’s on HBO Max.

I went there a couple of times as a kid in the early 80’s

It was as terrifying as the doc makes it out to be. But damn it was fun!

13 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Anyone else watching/watched Occupied?  Norwegian series about a country slowly becoming occupied by another one? Very little in English so be prepared to read subtitles.

I recommend it. I'm about 1/3 thru the entire series.

If they can't be bothered to learn English, I won't bother to watch. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

It does note that Weiss and Benioff will serve as writers, so they’re expected to be more involved here than they are on their other previously announced Netflix series The Chair, on which they’re simply serving as executive producers. If they are showrunning The Three-Body Problem, then this is their first full-time TV series since wrapping Game of Thrones.

They’re writing it? That’s not good. 

18 hours ago, Scraps said:

So I enjoy the crime docs etc....but holy fuck this I Am a Killer: Released is probably one of the first ones that is making my skin crawl....and I have watched a whole bunch of crazy shit before.

First 10 mins of episode 2 were just creepy as fuck to watch to me.

I’m a big intaker of crime docs too. For whatever reason the mega born-again Christian types just seem to never take accountability for what they’ve done, always shifting blame to someone else. The cholo types usually come across as very genuine and honest. This Sigler guy is a snake for sure. Probably hooked up with Zelner and got mad about it or something.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Helobious said:

I’m a big intaker of crime docs too. For whatever reason the mega born-again Christian types just seem to never take accountability for what they’ve done, always shifting blame to someone else. The cholo types usually come across as very genuine and honest. This Sigler guy is a snake for sure. Probably hooked up with Zelner and got mad about it or something.

Zigler is totally banging that old lady.

Remember it very clearly - all the kids in our school were watching it on TV in the classrooms.

Yep, was in 2nd grade... that’s about all I can remember from that time in school. I remember not fully grasping that it was really happening but I remember seeing my teacher, a former Air Force pilot and burly dude, crying and that was freaky as a child
  • Like 1

I’m a little young to be in the Twilight Zone demographic, but always enjoyed watching the marathons and reruns growing up.

Thought I had seen most of them at least twice, and “the classics” much more, but holy shit there are 156 episodes with some at 51 minutes!

Already through S1 and there were a couple that were new to me and several more I didn’t remember the “hook” or resolution. This is going to be a longer endeavor than I anticipated.

23 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Chefs Table BBQ has dropped. The 1st episode featured Snow’s BBQ and it’s legendary pit master, Tootsie. If you’ve never seen Chefs Table, it is a beautifully filmed and produced food documentary series that you should definitely check out. 

I posted this in the  BBQ thread, but the second episode is the most pretentious hipster douchebag I’ve ever seen cook a steak. He thinks he invented cooking over wood 

29 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Chefs Table BBQ has dropped. The 1st episode featured Snow’s BBQ and it’s legendary pit master, Tootsie. If you’ve never seen Chefs Table, it is a beautifully filmed and produced food documentary series that you should definitely check out. 

Just finished the Snow's episode. All dusty up in here. 

On 8/21/2020 at 3:49 PM, 4th&Five said:

Hoops is pretty good and very wrong in a Big Mouth kind of way.

+ Rep for this one. It's pretty hilarious at times. Was scrolling Netflix, saw it and remembered someone here recommending so I watched it. Already blew through the season.

Edited by BradInATX

Four episodes in on Teenage Bounty Hunters and I'm really enjoying it. They do a good job of poking fun at Southern culture and evangelical culture without getting overly preachy. It's actually really good social commentary while still maintaining a bit of respect for the people the commentary is about. It's also really well written and fun to watch.

I'm Thinking of Ending Things - Jesse Plemons and Jessie Buckley, directed by Charlie Kaufman. I didn't realize it was the same guy as Eternal Sunshine until I looked it up just now, but definitely picked up on that vibe. This is a weird fucking movie. I think it might be good. Definitely weird. Lot of surreal elements. New couple driving to have dinner with the guy's parents at their farm, she's thinking of breaking things off. Lots of tension.

7 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Away dropped today.  Netflix’s next big-budget space series.   Three-year mission to Mars.    Not a lot of buzz, so I’m wary.  

We’re on episode 2. 

This is the kind of show that premiers on NBC and is cancelled after 1.5 seasons. Huge budget, looks pretty, big name, but rated E for everyone and goes through every cliche in the book. 

Started Mindhunter tonight and am 2 episodes into season 1.  I realize this is several years old.

Enjoying it so far.  I like the buildup and the adversity of dealing with their old school boss.  Psycho Killer playing at the end of E2 as they move to the basement was great music placement.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1