Texas Baseball Recruiting Thread

29 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Mega college baseball fans who refuse to watch the MLB at all have to be one of the smallest sports viewing demos in the country.

I’m not even sure I would call myself a mega college baseball fan. Definitely a mega Longhorn sports fan. I might watch the occasional Cowboys or Spurs game,  but fuck watching baseball, I just don’t have enough free time in my life to watch that much damn sports. I don’t know how anybody fits so much sports watching into their life ...

FANGRAPHS 2020 draft board is up

5  - Jared Kelley                            High school pitcher #24 - Aaron Nixon

24 - Jared Jones                          College pitcher #6 - Bryce Elder

50 - Petey Halpin                           CP #11 - Kam Fields

63 - Travis Sthele                           CP #57 - Coy Cobb

66 - Carson Tucker

79 - Tanner Witt

95 - Dylan Campbell

;

• 4 weeks later...

Is Pierce making a mistake here? 

As mentioned upthread, toward the end, Harmon satisfied his recruiting requirements by signing a bunch of great players that all signed contracts.

It is intriguing that a bunch of guys from out of state would sign with a faded glory Texas program.

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

As mentioned upthread, toward the end, Harmon satisfied his recruiting requirements by signing a bunch of great players that all signed contracts.

It is intriguing that a bunch of guys from out of state would sign with a faded glory Texas program.

Seems like other programs also sign highly rated MLB prospects.    Suppose you just make sure you have a backup plan.

Below article from Kendall.    Scroll up to post 156 for more info.    I am not a premium member of any sites that have the complete list.   Kelly(7), Witt(18)and ,Jones(25) are in top 50,  2 more commits are in top 100.   Lucas Gordon above at one time was a USC commit.   Agree, that it is strange that he is leaving the PAC12. 

Note that Kendall will publish another recruiting ranking  in December for the 2019 class which is the proof of the pudding.

College baseball’s signing period for the 2020 recruiting class is in full swing, and we’ve partnered up with our friends at Prep Baseball Report to give you in-depth recruiting coverage.

In December, our staff, in conjunction with the PBR staff, will look back and rank the 2019 recruiting classes. After all, there’s no better litmus test to rank recruiting classes than to see how they stack up against their collegiate peers during fall workouts.

For now, though, it’s time to give our readers an inside look at where the premier high school prospects for the 2020 MLB draft are headed to college should they choose not to sign next summer.

Vanderbilt signee Pete Crow-Armstrong headlines the PBR HS Top 100, while the list is followed by Virginia pitcher Nate Savino, who will graduate early to join the Cavaliers for the 2020 college season. Oregon State’s Mick Abel, Oklahoma’s Ed Howard and Vandy’s Robert Hassell round out the top five.

Vanderbilt, Arkansas, Florida, Miami and UCLA each have six prospects in the PBR Top 100, while LSU and Texas come in with five prospects. Mississippi State, Oklahoma and TCU each have four.

We’ve published 50 of the Top 100 names for free, and while the other 50 names will be premium, users can get a look at the entire PBR Top 500 by heading over to Prep Baseball Report.

https://d1baseball.com/featured/2020-high-school-top-100-prospects/    (click link for top 50)

Edited by torre
  • Like 1

On 11/14/2019 at 6:18 PM, TwiceHorn said:

Faded glory? Like Omaha two years ago faded?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...