Texas Baseball Recruiting Thread

29 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Is the thought that Jones is signing? Talked to a cali scout who thinks Halpin signs which fucked up my day.

Cleveland double dicking us by taking Tucker way early and paying him under slot so they could pay Halpin over slot ( @Horny Bull's theory) to convince him to sign is almost funny in how much it fucks us over.

Edited by texifornia

On 6/16/2020 at 4:34 AM, TheBryMan81 said:

956 represent!

Flores actually plays for SA Brandeis, but I think he’s from the valley originally. Still, Aaron Nixon &  Viggo Lopez prove that Pierce has no problem recruiting down there. Starting to see more & more valley kids joining high profile travel teams, in all sports. It’s really helping them improve their games & get noticed. 

With the abbreviated draft, every team in the country is experiencing a massive roster crunch. We did not lose as many non seniors to the pros as we normally would've... So now Pierce has to have tough conversations and trim the roster. I suspect Fields was one of those cases

7 hours ago, TheBryMan81 said:

With the abbreviated draft, every team in the country is experiencing a massive roster crunch. We did not lose as many non seniors to the pros as we normally would've... So now Pierce has to have tough conversations and trim the roster. I suspect Fields was one of those cases

Yup. I wish Fields the best but he really struggled at Texas. Texas still has 21 arms left on the roster, including transfers and the '20 class, so there are probably going to be other guys advised to look around. 

The good news is with the 35 man roster cap being lifted for a  year you can carry a bigger roster. But I don't see Texas carrying more than 40 or so guys on the roster. 

Either way, the Fields news shouldn't be surprising at all. He only threw 5 innings last season in situations that weren't high leverage at all. He was recruited over. Even if there wasn't a roster crunch I'm betting he was gone. 

12 hours ago, Goodman said:

Good for Kam, perhaps a fresh start gets him going.

Hope so,  best of luck to Kam.     The skill is there,  perfecting is the key.

Should be noted he graduated (3 years) in May (Corporate Communications)