Texas Baseball Recruiting Thread

3 hours ago, HenryJames said:

These guys are taking their sweet ass time signing.

Yep,  they have until 1 Aug '24.    Not a good rule since teams need to fill out roster with portal, etc.

National Signing Day is November 8, 2023 for all D1 and D2 sports outside of football or basketball, and the signing period continues through August 1, 2024.

National Signing Day: Everything You Need to Know (ncsasports.org)

Maybe I'm wrong but there seems to be a shift in recruiting for Texas baseball. It looks like Texas might be willing to go after more top 100 types with NIL giving you a better chance to get them to campus (see Gasparino). 

Roll the dice with more elite recruits and then make up for it in the portal if they don't make it to campus. 

2 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Maybe I'm wrong but there seems to be a shift in recruiting for Texas baseball. It looks like Texas might be willing to go after more top 100 types with NIL giving you a better chance to get them to campus (see Gasparino). 

Roll the dice with more elite recruits and then make up for it in the portal if they don't make it to campus. 

Definitely a few more lotto tickets in the 2024 class than the 3 or so we’ve had per class in most years. Pierce just had shit luck for a few years - and the 2021 class blew. Simeon Woods, Baty, Kelley, Jones, Halpin, Tucker, Cox were all big swings. For every few misses you get a Madden, Witt, Gaspo.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Cali seems to have a lot of talent, and I love Pierce going out west to grab em. We're gonna need our NIL to do wonders if we're going to compete in the SEC, which I think we'll do well in. 

Pierce is in charge,  but kudos to Rodriguez for his connections.  (12 years at Pepperdine)

Edited by torre
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Went to the Drip/Bowie game tonight. Getting to watch my nephew Cooper Rummel and then following with Taylor Tracy is a treat. Once Taylor is fully back, those two in back to back games are just unfair when they are on. Living in the low to mid 90's as Juniors. Fun as hell to watch 2 top D1 prospects.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, HOOKEM4 said:

Went to the Drip/Bowie game tonight. Getting to watch my nephew Cooper Rummel and then following with Taylor Tracy is a treat. Once Taylor is fully back, those two in back to back games are just unfair when they are on. Living in the low to mid 90's as Juniors. Fun as hell to watch 2 top D1 prospects.

Damn. Committed to Texas and Tennessee, respectively. That's a hell of a high school staff.

Rummel: https://www.perfectgame.org/players/playerprofile.aspx?ID=605198

Tracey: https://www.perfectgame.org/players/playerprofile.aspx?ID=688215

Edited by MuellerHorn

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, MuellerHorn said:

Damn. Committed to Texas and Tennessee, respectively. That's a hell of a high school staff.

Rummel: https://www.perfectgame.org/players/playerprofile.aspx?ID=605198

Tracey: https://www.perfectgame.org/players/playerprofile.aspx?ID=688215

Not sure either make through the draft and to the schools, but damn I want to see both those boys at the real UT. There is still time for a flip. Taylor is a hell of a lefty. Power for days and just a solid pitcher. He was probably 1A to Coops 1B before he had his elbow issues. Hope he gets back to 100%, great kid.

Also those PG scores are from last year and both of them were hurt. No surgery, but they need to get it together. Next year is going to be stupid if they stay healthy. Cooper is hitting 95 and there is a strong thought he can be closer to 100 when he leaves HS. 

Edited by HOOKEM4
ousux
  • Hook 'Em 2