Things not going well in Chicago

Parliament

4 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

And to bring this back on topic, no doubt in response to the unbridled destruction we are seeing in Portland, Chicago has agreed to let the Feds come in and maintain some semblance of order (and conveniently wash their hands if/when things go sideways and shift the blame)

That’s a shocker.

Must be a lot worse in Chitown than I imagined.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 9 months later...
1 hour ago, Message Board User said:

This guy should definitely be in jail the rest of the year.

Good thing some racist cop wasn't there to stop him from doing whatever he was doing that wasn't really such a bad thing.  I mean people been killing  people at mc Donalds for eons.

20 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Good thing some racist cop wasn't there to stop him from doing whatever he was doing that wasn't really such a bad thing.  I mean people been killing  people at mc Donalds for eons.

I'll go out on a limb here and predict that the murdered girl's name (Jaslyn Adams) won't ever be a trending hashtag by the activists and celebrities. 

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Nothing to see here...

8C4A2B74-1414-48E8-BB19-434DD63D7A0E.jpeg

That is the face of a bitch who is entirely incompetent at her job but thinks she’s killing it and anyone criticizing her is a racist. 

i was going to ask if there’s any fucking thing being done that has a chance to stem the tide of violence and murder in that city but of course we all probably know the answer.  Just act like it’s not happening and deflect criticism as being baseless and probably racist.  “Fuck them kids”. 

Edited by Lhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Lhorn said:

That is the face of a bitch who is entirely incompetent at her job but thinks she’s killing it and anyone criticizing her is a racist. 

i was going to ask if there’s any fucking thing being done that has a chance to stem the tide of violence and murder in that city but of course we all probably know the answer.  Just act like it’s not happening and deflect criticism as being baseless and probably racist.  “Fuck them kids”. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abc7chicago.com/amp/mayor-lori-lightfoot-racism-chicago-department-of-public-health-news/10801185/

MAYOR LORI LIGHTFOOT DECLARES RACISM A PUBLIC HEALTH CRISIS IN CHICAGO

like a flight troubleshooting check list 

1. 50 people were shot this weekend

-Was it hot or a Holiday?

Flaps down

2. Children were shot

-Blame surrounding states

-gear down

3. I’ve tried nothing and I’m all out of ideas man. 

-engage racism 

Touchdown

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Anyone who doesn’t see this shit as 1000% deflection is an idiot. 
Racism exists in every other major city. What are you doing to address the violence other than blaming racism?  [crickets]

Edited by Lhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Lhorn said:

Anyone who doesn’t see this shit as 1000% deflection is an idiot.

This one is from San Francisco.  A guy stabbed a 94 year old (Asian) woman on the streets.  Unprovoked, obviously. 

Guy was previously charged with his brother in another stabbing incident.  Last year had been arrested 4 times.  This year he was released early from a felony charge.

SF Politician comes out and says this:

"Violent attacks on our seniors are unacceptable. Instead of pointing fingers at each other, what we need to do is reflect on what each of us can do to make our streets safer and community well. I pledge to fight for a city budget that funds equitable city services for our community, from health services to public safety, that are just and meaningful."

It's always someone else's fault and responsibility except the criminals'.........

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E4F_TYFVkAUrA3s?format=jpg&name=medium

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 2

14 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abc7chicago.com/amp/mayor-lori-lightfoot-racism-chicago-department-of-public-health-news/10801185/

Flaps down

2. Children were shot

-gear down

-engage racism 

Touchdown

It's of course a deflection as @Lhorn stated.  It's also much more.  As a public health crisis, it can now "start the conversation" of state and even Federal dollars being allocated.

Follow the money

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Nonbryan said:

She has really brought a great city to new lows.  I hope they can pull out of this.

But her INTENTIONS are good theoretically).  Isn't that all that matters.........I mean, it's not like SHE is actually suffering, right?

21 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Flaps down

2. Children were shot

-gear down

-engage racism 

Touchdown

And she’s as racist as any KKK member. 

7 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

It's of course a deflection as @Lhorn stated.  It's also much more.  As a public health crisis, it can now "start the conversation" of state and even Federal dollars being allocated.

Follow the money

exactly.  its all about money.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

But her INTENTIONS are good theoretically).  Isn't that all that matters.........I mean, it's not like SHE is actually suffering, right?

when you elect morons you deserve moronic govt.  see.....city of Austin.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, 52-80 said:

This one is from San Francisco.  A guy stabbed a 94 year old (Asian) woman on the streets.  Unprovoked, obviously. 

Guy was previously charged with his brother in another stabbing incident.  Last year had been arrested 4 times.  This year he was released early from a felony charge.

SF Politician comes out and says this:

"Violent attacks on our seniors are unacceptable. Instead of pointing fingers at each other, what we need to do is reflect on what each of us can do to make our streets safer and community well. I pledge to fight for a city budget that funds equitable city services for our community, from health services to public safety, that are just and meaningful."

It's always someone else's fault and responsibility except the criminals'.........

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E4F_TYFVkAUrA3s?format=jpg&name=medium

i'm guessing these are completely able bodied men.  they don't need services.  they need to be locked up before they actually kill someone(if they haven't already).

12 hours ago, Message Board User said:

Derp, derp....why do you concealed carry, what are you afraid of, need a gun to feel like a big man.....derp, derp.

THIS.  This right here is why.  This exact fucking reason.  It's rare.  Sure.  Tell that to the couple that were executed.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BabaYaga said:

Derp, derp....why do you concealed carry, what are you afraid of, need a gun to feel like a big man.....derp, derp.

THIS.  This right here is why.  This exact fucking reason.  It's rare.  Sure.  Tell that to the couple that were executed.  

Do you often find yourself patrolling the streets of Chicago?

• Hook 'Em 1

What're we up to in Texas now, ~25 mass shootings if you include the one last week on Sixth Street.  And only 1 was stopped by a legal carrier.  I'm all for legal carry, but if people do it because they think they'll stop crimes in action...50 years of evidence says otherwise. None of you are getting shot in South Chicago, you would stick out so much even without a weapon on your hip.  They'd come out of their apartments just to admire your goofy ass.  

They are keeping a significant number of police set up around the downtown area. Guess they have given up on the south side. We were there right before Memorial Day and they had cop cars pretty much on every block along Michigan, State, etc. with cops also walking the blocks. There were 4-5 cars stationed outside of Trump towers the entire time.