Things not going well in Chicago

Parliament

https://www.npr.org/2018/07/15/629226998/protests-break-out-in-chicago-following-deadly-police-shooting

Cops shot a guy yesterday saying, "He had a gun, and was getting ready to use it."  Folks protest and throw things.  Cops release a short body cam clip suggesting he was indeed reaching for a weapon.

Protests in Chicago escalated on Saturday night, becoming a tense clash between demonstrators and police over the fatal shooting of a man on the city's South Side.

On Sunday, police released a 30-second video clip from an officer's body-worn an camera showing a black man shot by Chicago police had a gun in a holster at his hip. According to The Associated Press, the man was "running away and reaching toward his waist when he was shot multiple times."

Vid in link:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2018/07/15/chicago-police-shoot-and-kill-man-sparking-wave-of-clashes-and-protests/?utm_term=.db32a32f94d1

Father of 43 children found beaten in West Side home

A 63-year-old father of 43 children was found beaten to death Sunday afternoon in his home on Chicago's West Side.

The body of John Hearring -- known as Nicholas -- was discovered with head trauma in his upstairs apartment in the 1000-block of North Leamington Avenue in the South Austin neighborhood.

Multiple family members confirmed that he had 43 children.

Hearring was a long-time resident there and well-known in the neighborhood.

"He was the nicest man you'd ever want to meet. I don't get it. All this killing is so senseless and now they are targeting the elderly," said Gwen Bridgeforth, his daughter-in-law.

Police were investigating and had made no arrests Sunday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, clapclapclap said:

A 63-year-old father of 43 children was found beaten to death Sunday afternoon in his home on Chicago's West Side.

The body of John Hearring -- known as Nicholas -- was discovered with head trauma in his upstairs apartment in the 1000-block of North Leamington Avenue in the South Austin neighborhood.

"He was the nicest man you'd ever want to meet. I don't get it. All this killing is so senseless and now they are targeting the elderly," said Gwen Bridgeforth, his daughter-in-law.

That’s something. Really something.

2 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

Apparently so.

On 7/16/2018 at 4:14 PM, clapclapclap said:

43 kids. Sooner or later, one of them is going to kill you.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-met-chicago-weekend-violence-20180806-story.html

At least 75 people were shot in one of the most violent weekends of the year in Chicago, spurred by a 7-hour period early Sunday morning when 41 people were shot.

Between 3 p.m. Friday and 6 a.m. Monday morning, 12 people were killed and 63 were wounded, according to Tribune data. Their ages spanned from 11 to 62 years old, and most of those shot were attacked on the South and West sides.

1 hour ago, Parliament said:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-met-chicago-weekend-violence-20180806-story.html

At least 75 people were shot in one of the most violent weekends of the year in Chicago, spurred by a 7-hour period early Sunday morning when 41 people were shot.

Between 3 p.m. Friday and 6 a.m. Monday morning, 12 people were killed and 63 were wounded, according to Tribune data. Their ages spanned from 11 to 62 years old, and most of those shot were attacked on the South and West sides.

Sounds more like the line for the Six Flags Texas Giant coaster on a typical August weekend day.

I like that after all these yeArs the media still ends these horrible shooting stats with the note, “on the west and south sides”.  I’m sure the white progressives in wicker park were worried.  And the rest of the country reads this and think; “well, if we visit Chicago, seems like we should stay on the east side.  Oh wait...”

My dad and I were talking about this today. I dont know the city real well just from the 5 or so times I've been downtown in my life. When they say south side, is it pretty much right by McCormick place? I remember going to a car show there and a guy I knew had his car in a trailer but missed the MP turn and ended up in a neighborhood that was sketchy at best he described it but at least it was during the day. This was 10 yrs ago so.

Or is this a whole different neighborhood miles from MP etc..

4 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

My dad and I were talking about this today. I dont know the city real well just from the 5 or so times I've been downtown in my life. When they say south side, is it pretty much right by McCormick place? I remember going to a car show there and a guy I knew had his car in a trailer but missed the MP turn and ended up in a neighborhood that was sketchy at best he described it but at least it was during the day. This was 10 yrs ago so.

Or is this a whole different neighborhood miles from MP etc..

No, McCormick place isn't the "South Side" and most of the trouble spots are miles further south even further south than Comiskey Park. 

The West Side (just to the west of the Untied Center) isn't great and seems to be getting worse.

All the info you need-

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/data/ct-shooting-victims-map-charts-htmlstory.html

• 9 months later...

https://www.dailywire.com/news/47988/chicago-sees-most-violent-weekend-2019-52-shot-10-emily-zanotti

Chicago finished last year with a downturn in shootings and homicides, but 2019 is threatening to reverse whatever progress was made in the last months of 2018, and with the weather turning warmer, it seems Chicagoans are determined to have a bloody summer.

Over the weekend, Chicago saw its most violent days and nights so far this year. A total of 52 people were shot between Friday night and Sunday night. Ten of those victims were killed, according to NBC News.

Chicago police superintendent Eddie Johnson called the incidents part of a "despicable level of violence," and promised targeted patrols in neighborhoods on the south and west side where violence has become a regular part of everyday life, thanks to increases in gang activity.

• 1 month later...

https://www.foxnews.com/us/chicago-police-spot-nearly-5-foot-long-alligator-swimming-in-lagoon-in-popular-park

A nearly 5-foot-long alligator was found living in a lagoon in one of Chicago’s most popular parks Tuesday night and officials are not saying how the creature could’ve ended up there.

Chicago police received unconfirmed reports on social media early Tuesday that a possible alligator was seen swimming in the Humboldt Park lagoon in the city’s busy West Side.

66332998_10220575580486492_5606980062902

On 8/7/2018 at 7:45 PM, JimmyHoffa said:

No, McCormick place isn't the "South Side" and most of the trouble spots are miles further south even further south than Comiskey Park. 

The West Side (just to the west of the Untied Center) isn't great and seems to be getting worse.

All the info you need-

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/data/ct-shooting-victims-map-charts-htmlstory.html

Just avoid the green areas and you will be fine.

spacer.png

On 7/19/2018 at 7:38 PM, ChickenSandwich said:

Or the Chicago tax payers will. Makes OctoMom seem like a conservationist 

On 8/7/2018 at 12:37 AM, conVINCEd said:

For a woman, yes.  A guy could knock that out in a couple of months.

That dude makes the Duggars look like they aren't even trying

13 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Just curious - what exactly does this map depict? 

Racial demographics. alincoln is saying always avoid black people. You could overlay a poverty map and see a stronger correlation with high homicide areas but that’s not as fun. 

On 7/11/2019 at 6:42 PM, Helobious said:

Racial demographics. alincoln is saying always avoid black people. You could overlay a poverty map and see a stronger correlation with high homicide areas but that’s not as fun. 

As someone’s who has studied victimization and police reporting from Chicago I can say without hesitation that’s absolutely untrue. 

One of the biggest characteristics of Chicago’s violence is that it is heavily black on black. 

12 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

As someone’s who has studied victimization and police reporting from Chicago I can say without hesitation that’s absolutely untrue. 

One of the biggest characteristics of Chicago’s violence is that it is heavily black on black. 

So if you’re a blek, best stay out of Chicago lest the other bleks or the blue line heroes kill you?   That it?

• Like 1