Yes: Pools are worth it....

1 hour ago, freyguy said:

But know that if another snowpocalypse comes, it'll look like this.  😭

I was ready to reply...and wait for it to freeze and die but you beat me to it.  We weren't as far along as you but we lost our attempt at privacy hedge.  HOA doesn't allow a high fence so I had a lattice built with about 1/2" spacing between the slats.  Can't really see shit through it, but it's a "lattice".

7 hours ago, freyguy said:

You need to nuke that playscape and put in an lattice backdrop.  Find someone to drop ranch pipe every 4-8 ft, then tack weld square livestock fencing.

20190416_175311.jpg

what this is? vine? i need names!

6 hours ago, C-Man said:

Our Polaris finally gave up the ghost this week. Never had to buy one before -- any recs on what we should get, how to go about procuring it at the best possible price? Can I even get one now with the dearth of pool equipment out there?

⬇️ 

6 hours ago, TexasEd said:

Everything I have read says ditch the pressure side type and go with an electronic robot.  They actually scrub the plaster to remove stains so you don't have to brush.

Ours will come with one like this https://www.polarispool.com/en/products/robotic/polaris-9650iq

But there are other brands that are more highly recommended at TFP for you to retrofit. https://www.troublefreepool.com/forums/pool-cleaners.50/

i have the active 30 and it’s legit. we run her once per week, she keeps our floors sparkling. got her from marina. shipping was fast af and price was right.

https://marinapoolspaandpatio.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Robotic-Cleaner-Comparisons-2021.pdf

24 minutes ago, Both Tacos said:
6 hours ago, Landomatic said:
Well, day 322 and we finally have water.  I can see the finish line...
rT4IHt.jpg

Water isn't the finish line?????

Neah, punch list still has a ways to go.  Plus finish fence, cabana, and landscaping.  And I need a grill/outdoor kitchen solution

42 minutes ago, Paco said:

I think I'm sick of my polaris. Anybody run a robot cleaner?

20 minutes ago, immamac said:

I got the P40 it's the best fucking thing ever. (Leslie's calls it the P40)

https://www.polarispool.com/en/products/pressure/polaris-quattro-sport

Generally the higher end robots from Polaris, Pentair and Hayward are all good.  Maytronics is also good. 

Oh but Hayward robot that kinda looks like Dyson technology is too new to trust.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Poolflood said:

Generally the higher end robots from Polaris, Pentair and Hayward are all good.  Maytronics is also good. 

Oh but Hayward robot that kinda looks like Dyson technology is too new to trust.

I've got the Hayward AquaVac 6 and it cleans really well and is really easy to empty. To Poolfloods point though I had it less than 6 months before one sides drive gears stopped and they had to swap under warranty. Warranty was easy, was just glad was off season.  Has phone controls, but I've never needed or wanted to use them.

Finally hopped in my new pool on Saturday. Extremely satisfying feeling after staring at it for 5 months since moving in. 

Landscapers are on the schedule to start working next Monday and wife is currently looking for some better outdoor furniture. Should have a legit backyard oasis in place for summer.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Storm the Field said:

Finally hopped in my new pool on Saturday. Extremely satisfying feeling after staring at it for 5 months since moving in. 

Landscapers are on the schedule to start working next Monday and wife is currently looking for some better outdoor furniture. Should have a legit backyard oasis in place for summer.  

I hope to be in that state in a month.  The group to set the patio forms is doing cleanup today and then they should be building them.  After that is electrical, gas, and set the equipment and finally the interior surface.  

First, although I'm a moderately handy guy, pools are pretty new to me. I just realized why my pool would drain into the yard vs the sewer or other recognizable outlet.

I have at least 1 broken pipe on the drain side (see picture). I told my pool guy yesterday and he kind of huffed and puffed, but when I can back out after he left I still see a pvc pipe with no repair done. With that, I'm going to take a stab at it. I could easily repair some pipe w 90* bends in it, but what is the best way to fix an inline break? Any watch outs I need to consider?

90411d60563293b6053b94c2b438ded4.jpg

I think I'm sick of my polaris. Anybody run a robot cleaner?

I got the Dolphin M600. The best purchase I’ve made for my pool. Drop it in, press the power button and every piece of debris in the pool is gone in two hours. Even climbs the walls and cleans the tile all the way to the coping.

6888ae2a3d89eecb967beb1880a5aa87.jpg

I got the Dolphin M600. The best purchase I’ve made for my pool. Drop it in, press the power button and every piece of debris in the pool is gone in two hours. Even climbs the walls and cleans the tile all the way to the coping.

How long have you had it?

59 minutes ago, Spur08 said:

First, although I'm a moderately handy guy, pools are pretty new to me. I just realized why my pool would drain into the yard vs the sewer or other recognizable outlet.

I have at least 1 broken pipe on the drain side (see picture). I told my pool guy yesterday and he kind of huffed and puffed, but when I can back out after he left I still see a pvc pipe with no repair done. With that, I'm going to take a stab at it. I could easily repair some pipe w 90* bends in it, but what is the best way to fix an inline break? Any watch outs I need to consider?

90411d60563293b6053b94c2b438ded4.jpg

Since drain side, look for something like this: Fernco 4-in x 4.58-in dia Coupling PVC Fitting

Can get at a big box store, makes it easy without having to dig up all around it or mess with glue and will work perfectly fine.

2021-04-13_9-56-50.png.a50470d3cf5be5bdb9c84003ff182f51.png

• Like 1

I guess I can post these here.

We signed a contract just before Christmas. All that remains is the gas line, finishing the electrical work, and plaster. We should be swimming in a couple weeks.

We're in Central Austin, so the layout was determined by impervious coverage issues and staying outside of the critical root zone of a heritage tree.

pool1.thumb.jpg.a5246e00ae3a1f3bfba404e5db6e4f41.jpg

pool3.thumb.jpg.52518b6b2fa3789cd59b26a190c701db.jpgpool4.thumb.jpg.084da8a90aa846db88b36ab5271a1ed1.jpgpool2.thumb.jpg.145944671b841d02a5cca4150bb28294.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, Paco said:
5 hours ago, Tailgate said:

How long have you had it?

Two years now. I should be paid by them for the amount of people I’ve turned them on to. It’s very hard to exceed my expectations...this cleaner did and it’s a beast and super easy basket to remove and clean. My pool builder got one after he saw mine in action. They included some extra filters for the basket...haven’t even had to use them yet. I just hose the filter basket off really good after each run. In pollen season (now) I’ll do back-to-back runs for a total of four hours and seriously...it’s insane how well this thing grabs all the debris. I still have a pool service come out for chemicals and pool filter cleanings etc...they have never had to clean my pool. In summer time...I only go once every couple weeks it does such a great job.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1