Robin Williams: Come Inside My Mind

RPM

As with all HBO documentaries, this is done magnificently. Outtakes, behind the scenes stuff and interviews with Robin and comedy legends he knew. I couldn't help but feel a profound sense of sadness throughout. He was a talented, tormented soul and we were so very, very lucky to have been close enough to feel the heat of his star before it burned out.

Watched it as well and got a little dusty in here. I agree that he was both talented and tormented but I do not think that is ultimately why he did what he did at the end. Dementia is a bitch, especially for someone that has always been brilliant, to suddenly have no control over their mind.

I watched it last night too.  It was like a trip through my whole life as I was a kid who watched Mork & Mindy and an adult who was entertained throughout Williams' career.

His peers put Robin on another level or maybe two above them in talent.   It was incredible to hear them describe their interactions, especially in the early years.

RIP, brilliant, magnificent shooting star...

didnt seem interesting to me at first so wasnt planning on watching it.  happened to flip it over there right at the start and couldnt turn it off.  it was fascinating.  reminded me a lot of the garry shandling one, except shandling was way more of a normal guy.  williams had demons.  great to see his stuff on the uso tour, and the interview with his oldest son.  touching stuff.  

The documentary featured some of the greatest moments of his early career, the relationships he had with other known comics, and his family-great story. I had as many lines from his one and a half hour Live at the Met performance memorized as I did lines from Python's Holy Grail.  So many nights at friends houses watching that VHS tape over and over while imbibing and smoking the bong and laughing until oxygen deprived.  What a tragedy that he along with so many talented comedians met a tragic end too soon.