Breaking Bad

ConferenceRoom

1 hour ago, Shaddie said:

Just stop now and forget you ever saw it. 

1. Day after the last episode you will feel a nice warm buzz. 

2. Next day you will start to feel a little “itch” and you will tell yourself “no problem” I can find something else. 

3. 3rd day as you stare at blank screen you realize the “methadone” they are giving you will never ever make you forget that buzz it gave you. 

I am already getting the sense that I am watching the best thing I’ll ever see, and it’s all downhill from here.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, iodeac said:

I remember legit freaking out during the scene in the desert when Jack's cars show up. Walt is in the truck and if you pay attention to the music, it drops as soon as the first truck appears. It feels like a literal gut punch because you know things are going to get really bad. Probably my favorite scene in a brilliant show.

Enviado desde mi SM-G973U mediante Tapatalk

Yep.  And I told my wife “I bet those dudes come anyway” and then they show up.

I see this thread now, been rewatching it. Almost through season 3, Skylar is such a bitch.... I should add the first time i watched, i was a bit of a ... how you say? Drunk? 

Memories of things i forgot about and things i definitely didnt pick up on. I completely forgot how they got out of Hank finding Walt in the RV, fuuuuck his anger brought the lolz. High School principal is hot.

32 minutes ago, Dewey said:

I see this thread now, been rewatching it. Almost through season 3, Skylar is such a bitch.... I should add the first time i watched, i was a bit of a ... how you say? Drunk? 

Memories of things i forgot about and things i definitely didnt pick up on. I completely forgot how they got out of Hank finding Walt in the RV, fuuuuck his anger brought the lolz. High School principal is hot.

HS principal played a slutty chola in Next Friday. 

Ok. Shit I did not realize. Vince was something on the X-files. For you youngins that was must watch tv in the 90’s. 

Seems this dude has the magic touch. I will  from now on watch anywhere he puts his name to. I know this can backfire as the bigger they are the more they are away from day to day ops. 

If all else fails I will just OD on BB 24/7 and have them put me me on a BB ventilator. 

1 hour ago, Shaddie said:

Ok. Shit I did not realize. Vince was something on the X-files. For you youngins that was must watch tv in the 90’s. 

Seems this dude has the magic touch. I will  from now on watch anywhere he puts his name to. I know this can backfire as the bigger they are the more they are away from day to day ops. 

If all else fails I will just OD on BB 24/7 and have them put me me on a BB ventilator. 

Your post actually made me think of a fun hypothetical. We always talk about what show you would watch if you were stranded on a desert island. But what if you were in stuck in a hospital, could only watch one show, but everyone that comes to visit you would see you watching that show and would want to talk to you about it. Breaking Bad might be near the top. Lost would be at the bottom, because I like the show, but I don't want to talk to anyone about it fifteen years later.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2020 at 7:54 PM, CooterBrown said:

Half way through my first rewatch.

The most impressive thing is how this show keeps you invested without one likable character. Goes to show how good the writing was.

Hank was pretty likable to me. And Gale, even though he was not on the show that long. Jesse had his moments.

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

Hank was pretty likable to me. And Gale, even though he was not on the show that long. Jesse had his moments.

Gale - likable

Walt - narcissistic sniveling coward

Jesse - dumb fuck ghetto POS

Hank - racist blow hard

Skyler - annoying AF

Marie - just like her sister

Walt Jr - Want him to die in real life

Mike -  likable

Gus - interesting at least

Saul - likable

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Gale - likable

Walt - narcissistic sniveling coward

Jesse - dumb fuck ghetto POS

Hank - racist blow hard

Skyler - annoying AF

Marie - just like her sister

Walt Jr - Want him to die in real life

Mike -  likable

Gus - interesting at least

Saul - likable

I would love to have a Schraderbrau with Hank

• Hook 'Em 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/23/2020 at 9:26 AM, chikin23 said:

Watching through the series again for the 3rd time and just finished "Crawl Space." Such a great episode.

I will never forget how the ending of Crawl Space made me feel and a rewatch brought every bit of it back. Greatest show of all time IMO

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HRSchenker said:

I will never forget how the ending of Crawl Space made me feel and a rewatch brought every bit of it back. Greatest show of all time IMO

there's a conversation going on in the BCS thread where several people claim that BCS > BB, and to me that's lunacy. there are countless scenes/episodes of BB that are absolutely gripping, a quality that is just lacking from BCS almost entirely. Crawl Space, Half Measurea, Full Measure, Face Off, Box Cutter, Salud, Grilled, Ozymandias, Felina...that's just off the top of my head. The visceral reactions to these episodes, the way that they physically and emotionally affected me/took a hold of me...I've never really seen anything like from any other show. BB is the GOAT. 

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 11/13/2018 at 9:50 PM, dcbc said:

Watched a few episodes years ago.  Just started it over today.  Just finished Episode 2.  Going to make it through this time.

Update.  2018 Attempt failed.  But no matter.  2021 attempt has been solid, and I just started Season 5 last night. 

The first two seasons were kind of a beating for me.  Early on, it was a matter of wondering when, if ever, Walt's problems wouldn't be thought of as my problems.  Later, it was just absolute disdain for Skyler the Wet Blanket, to the point where I declared that the show would be a bust if her severed head wasn't riding a tortoise at some point. 

Season 3 is where it took off for me.  And Season 4, with Gus walking out of the room before the camera swings around to the other side of his head as he straightens his tie . . . my jaw was on the floor. 

Edited by dcbc

1 hour ago, dcbc said:

Update.  2018 Attempt failed.  But no matter.  2021 attempt has been solid, and I just started Season 5 last night. 

The first two seasons were kind of a beating for me.  Early on, it was a matter of wondering when, if ever, Walt's problems wouldn't be thought of as my problems.  Later, it was just absolute disdain for Skyler the Wet Blanket, to the point where I declared that the show would be a bust if her severed head wasn't riding a tortoise at some point. 

Season 3 is where it took off for me.  And Season 4, with Gus walking out of the room before the camera swings around to the other side of his head as he straightens his tie . . . my jaw was on the floor. 

Yep.  Season 3 is where it hits its stride and it never lets up.

• Hook 'Em 1

This is going to date myself, but I happened upon this show later into it's run (maybe season 3, as noted above, which was strong) and then went back and binged it back when the idea of binging was still a nascent thing (bonus points if you remember "netflix socks").

But I happened upon this in a way most people wouldn't be able to do in 2021, which is AMC running a BB marathon and just randomly catching an interesting 5 minutes, which turned into a more interesting 10 minutes and then a gripping hour.

I think without cable/satellite TV, I would have had to wait until word of mouth reached Fonzi waterskiing levels to catch it otherwise because a dramatic series, on AMC, starring Malcolm in the Middle dad was not a combination that would have impelled me.

Now, with everyone having cut the cord and everyone on a half dozen different streaming platforms, you have a visual tile and a daunting prompt to begin episode 1. What if it's not good? Do I have the 3 hours to invest into something I will quit if it sucks? What about the opportunity cost for starting X when I could have been binging Y, in a finite time space?

Now word of mouth has to be epic before trying something new, for most responsible, valuable adults who are limited with time.

Anyways, I think I digressed here pretty wildly. Sorry, to bring it back on track: I do want to see the El Camino movie and it's on the short list after WandaVision.

Edited by DonkeyCigars

43 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

This is going to date myself, but I happened upon this show later into it's run (maybe season 3, as noted above, which was strong) and then went back and binged it back when the idea of binging was still a nascent thing (bonus points if you remember "netflix socks").

But I happened upon this in a way most people wouldn't be able to do in 2021, which is AMC running a BB marathon and just randomly catching an interesting 5 minutes, which turned into a more interesting 10 minutes and then a gripping hour.

I think without cable/satellite TV, I would have had to wait until word of mouth reached Fonzi waterskiing levels to catch it otherwise because a dramatic series, on AMC, starring Malcolm in the Middle dad was not a combination that would have impelled me.

Now, with everyone having cut the cord and everyone on a half dozen different streaming platforms, you have a visual tile and a daunting prompt to begin episode 1. What if it's not good? Do I have the 3 hours to invest into something I will quit if it sucks? What about the opportunity cost for starting X when I could have been binging Y, in a finite time space?

Now word of mouth has to be epic before trying something new, for most responsible, valuable adults who are limited with time.

Anyways, I think I digressed here pretty wildly. Sorry, to bring it back on track: I do want to see the El Camino movie and it's on the short list after WandaVision.

So the issue is you're not sure if you have time to go back and watch Seasons 1 and 2, and some of Season 3? If you don't have time for that, I'm not sure if you have time for TV. 

I would suggest watching El Camino after you finish all of Breaking Bad. 

5 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

So the issue is you're not sure if you have time to go back and watch Seasons 1 and 2, and some of Season 3? If you don't have time for that, I'm not sure if you have time for TV. 

I would suggest watching El Camino after you finish all of Breaking Bad. 

No sir. I've seen all of Breaking Bad and it was glorious. I'm lamenting that the way I stumbled upon this gem is not a realistic method for myself, or billions of others, in 2021.

Just now, DonkeyCigars said:

No sir. I've seen all of Breaking Bad and it was glorious. I'm lamenting that the way I stumbled upon this gem is not a realistic method for myself, or billions of others, in 2021.

In that case, you better fire up El Camino tonight. I'd compare it to two really good episodes of Breaking Bad in quality. 

almost finished with my first rewatch since 2013...got thru Ozmandias last night and holy shit i had forgotten the emotional wallup that episode had! 😲 

i had also forgotten specifically what he did to Jesse that episode...i guess i had blocked out just how much of a monster Walt became. i remembered what happened to Hank and Gomez but it still really hit hard. 

the final few episodes are some of the darkest tv ever. 

this show really stands up well over time. 

Edited by mchookem

almost finished with my first rewatch since 2013...got thru Ozmandias last night and holy shit i had forgotten the emotional wallup that episode had!  
i had also forgotten specifically what he did to Jesse that episode...i guess i had blocked out just how much of a monster Walt became. i remembered what happened to Hank and Gomez but it still really hit hard. 
the final few episodes are some of the darkest tv ever. 
this show really stands up well over time. 
I remember watching this live and the agonizing week long wait between the end of Tojalilee(spelling) and Ozymandias and everyone breaking down the shootout like the Zapruder film trying to figure out who was most likely to die.

Enviado desde mi SM-G973U mediante Tapatalk

• 11 months later...
On 5/24/2020 at 3:32 PM, Goo Punch said:

there's a conversation going on in the BCS thread where several people claim that BCS > BB, and to me that's lunacy. there are countless scenes/episodes of BB that are absolutely gripping, a quality that is just lacking from BCS almost entirely. Crawl Space, Half Measurea, Full Measure, Face Off, Box Cutter, Salud, Grilled, Ozymandias, Felina...that's just off the top of my head. The visceral reactions to these episodes, the way that they physically and emotionally affected me/took a hold of me...I've never really seen anything like from any other show. BB is the GOAT. 

add 4 days out to that list.  totally agree with you on everything too.  Love BCS, but any idea it's better than BB is luncacy.  

• 11 months later...
On 5/5/2020 at 1:31 PM, CooterBrown said:

Hank - racist blow hard

How? I don't remember any scenes where he displayed racism.

This band, Honey Claws, is from Austin. Guys went to McCallum and Austin High. Highly underrated and a shame they never hit really big imo.

Edited by MagicSoccerSpray
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, MagicSoccerSpray said:

How? I don't remember any scenes where he displayed racism.

He did the Mexican accent in mocking fashion and made "beaner" references.  If somebody wants to, they can call that racist, but I took as stereotype-based humor that didn't have any hatred behind it.

• Hook 'Em 3

• 6 months later...

I didn't watch BB until I binged it before the last season.  You don't get the true experience when you do it that way.  The Youtube algorithm pushed this clip on me just now.  You appreciate it better when you know what's coming.  I think I need to go back and rewatch the series.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just saw this thread and was gratified to see that almost everyone thought it was one of the best series, if not the best series, ever. Still love it. I wouldn’t recommend binging though. You need several days between episodes to let it seep into your brain and disturb you. 

• 4 weeks later...