Breaking Bad

ConferenceRoom

1 hour ago, Bert Orange said:

Had never seen the show. Started it Saturday. Finished it this morning at 3:30am and am now worthless today. Damn. Just damn. 

How did you do that? You do realize that the lesson you were supposed to take away from the show is that meth is bad, right?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crackamacgowski said:

I binged the first re-watch in about two weeks. I'll never forget the first time I watched Box Cutter, though. I don't think I took a breath for about 5 minutes. 

i'm pretty sure it was cranston's daughter who ran out of the theater sick during the premiere of that episode.

4 hours ago, Bert Orange said:

Had never seen the show. Started it Saturday. Finished it this morning at 3:30am and am now worthless today. Damn. Just damn. 

Now go through Better Call Saul.  Only 3 seasons so it should be easy for you to get caught up before the new season on Aug 6.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Greatest TV series of all time, nothing else is even close. Best ever. 

I even completely understand people hesitating to watch it. I remember seeing the previews, and thinking it was interesting but there was something there that I hated. Yes, it's a whole series about things I don't want to think about. Things you don't want to know about yourself. But maybe are secretly hoping for? Maybe not. I don't know. 

But damn fo sho it's the best ever. 62 episodes. If I start at episode 1, I'll be in for 62. And I don't have time for that. But I will need to watch it. I need to understand life, and death, and the fierce imperative of now.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Parliament said:

Then get a different wife.

I'd much rather watch shows without my wife.  When we watch a series together it takes forever.  Alone, I can watch at my own pace and whenever I have time.

I've watched Breaking Bad twice, both times without her.  In between, she watched all but the last half of Season 5.  During my second run through the series, she asked me to tell her when I was at Season 5 so she could finish the series.  Ain't nobody got time for that.

Watched bits and pieces of it while it was in production.  Always thought it was very well done but just could never get totally into it -- mostly because of a lack of time on my end.  Watched El Camino on Sunday and Monday, and that got me interested again, so I started watching BB from Season 1.  You may not hear from me for a few days.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jerry Callo said:

I'd much rather watch shows without my wife.  When we watch a series together it takes forever.  Alone, I can watch at my own pace and whenever I have time.

I've watched Breaking Bad twice, both times without her.  In between, she watched all but the last half of Season 5.  During my second run through the series, she asked me to tell her when I was at Season 5 so she could finish the series.  Ain't nobody got time for that.

I agree, but I typically have about an hour/night or less to watch tv.  If I tried to carve out time on my own to watch it, it probably wouldn't happen.  She's on board with it, so I'm gonna ride this one out.

I think I binged seasons 1-3 and then watched 4 & 5 live.  Absolutely the GOAT. There's never been a better ending in TV history.

I was hooked the moment Walt went down to the basement to let Crazy 8 go and realized that there was a triangular shaped piece missing from the wreckage of the ceramic plate.

• Like 2

I think I binged seasons 1-3 and then watched 4 & 5 live.  Absolutely the GOAT. There's never been a better ending in TV history.
I was hooked the moment Walt went down to the basement to let Crazy 8 go and realized that there was a triangular shaped piece missing from the wreckage of the ceramic plate.

I’ll never forget the weekend I had in summer 2013.. Bet I watched 24 episodes in 3 days (whatever first 3 seasons were)

Ah the things you can do without kids...

1 hour ago, Jerry Callo said:

Agreed.  And believable arcs.  IMHO, the best thing they did was to keep Jessie as a character and wean him off being just a drug addled dumbass.

i either read or saw a quote from VG where he said, "we wrote this story not knowing where we were going to go with it, and as we wrote it we asked ourselves, 'what would this character do here? how would this character respond to being in this situation?'" and i think that's maybe the single biggest reason that the character arcs and so believable, and in the end one of the top 2 or 3 reasons that the show is so brilliant. i can't imagine how hard it is to just keep writing as you go, and to do it as nearly flawlessly as VG and co. did, *especially* after the traveshamockery that was the last few seasons of GoT. Season 8 of GoT just made me appreciate BB that much more. 

• Like 1

I was thinking last night that at the time season 2 came out, Brian Cranston was about the same age as I am now, maybe a year older.  But fuck if he doesn't look a lot older than I do.  I asked my wife if I looked that old.  She swore I did not.  And she never lies to me.

1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

I was thinking last night that at the time season 2 came out, Brian Cranston was about the same age as I am now, maybe a year older.  But fuck if he doesn't look a lot older than I do.  I asked my wife if I looked that old.  She swore I did not.  And she never lies to me.

the makeup job they did with him as he aged/got worn down is probably the best makeup i've ever seen on TV. i mean his old man turkey neck alone was haunting. i actually was just texting hg the other day and asking him why most TV makeup sucks when BB was so great at it, but he wasn't very helpful in answering my questions. 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

• 4 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Walt running down those drug dealers with his Aztec. Walt stepping over Jesse's dying girlfriend. Savage.

I touched on this over in the BCS thread, but fuck Jane.  That evil junky bitch was taking Jesse to Hell with her, and quickly.  It didn't even cross my mind to see Walt as a villain at that point because I hated her so much.  

Walt fully "broke bad" in my mind relatively late in the show.  I won't point out the exact moment, lest SBBruin get it spoiled.

On 11/21/2018 at 7:47 PM, Brandywine said:

Breaking Bad - one of the greatest, if not THE greatest, TV events ever. Rough at moments and hard to watch at times, but still it blew me away. I watched it after the series was over. I was drained and had to take a break a few times.

I remember when I was binging the first 3 seasons (watched the last two live), and the moment that shook me the most was the tweakers with the ATM episode.  After that I legitimately couldn't sleep, and sat in my living drinking beer and watching Always Sunny, or Trailer Park Boys, or some comedy to try and clear my mind.

On 2/11/2020 at 11:45 AM, Al_4_ISU said:

Same. I binged 1-3 and then watched 4 and 5 live. Well I binged season 4 when it was done. All of season 5 I watched week to week. I saw the whole series twice through and then my gf wanted to watch it and she got hooked. I then watched from season 2 to the finale and was hooked like the first time I watched it. So damn good. We then watched the movie the day it came out. And it really helped I binged the series again as there was so many little things I had forgotten. The movie was ok but nowhere near what the show was.

Also binged Better Call Saul seasons 1-4 right after so I have now seen that twice through. We are just going to wait for season 5 to finish and then binge that. The Breaking Bad world is fucking amazing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I remember legit freaking out during the scene in the desert when Jack's cars show up. Walt is in the truck and if you pay attention to the music, it drops as soon as the first truck appears. It feels like a literal gut punch because you know things are going to get really bad. Probably my favorite scene in a brilliant show.

Enviado desde mi SM-G973U mediante Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Holy shit.  I’m out of breath watching this.  2 episodes left.   Just watched the episode where 

Hide contents

Hank gets killed, and Walt tries to run with the family and they won’t go.  

Holy smokes this is intense.

Just stop now and forget you ever saw it. 

1. Day after the last episode you will feel a nice warm buzz. 

2. Next day you will start to feel a little “itch” and you will tell yourself “no problem” I can find something else. 

3. 3rd day as you stare at blank screen you realize the “methadone” they are giving you will never ever make you forget that buzz it gave you. 

• Like 2