Spurs finalizing deal to send Kawhi to Toronto

Goo Punch

42 minutes ago, MrBig said:

Looks like he went heavy on the opioids to rehab that quad.

Man, can you imagine the blowback in Los Angeles next year if Kawhi Leonard pulls a Paul George and resigns with the team that took the risk & traded for him..?

Here is the interview with Pops if you haven't seen it, the video is lengthy and Popovich takes out time to answer many of the questions asked, the dud is a real class act..!

On 7/18/2018 at 9:17 AM, Hate said:

Why would anyone pay Kawhi endorsement money?  He has no personality.  Personality sells shoes.  His uncle is trying to make Kawhi into something he is not for his own benefit.  The best thing for Kawhi was to stay in SA, sign the supermax, compete for titles and focus on basketball.  Kawhi is never going to be the James Harden type of superstar and probably has no desire to be.

Those HEB commercials, though.

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Kawhi,

I have thought about it for less than two seconds trying to figure out the right things to say, and it comes down to two simple words: FUCK YOU!

Every Spurs fan wants to say FUCK YOU to way you treated the entire Spurs organization and the people and fans of San Antonio.

You gave a giant FUCK YOU to every one of your teammates who helped you over your seven years in the NBA. You didn't even have the decency to sit on the bench to support them during the playoffs.

Despite everything he's done to support your growth and guide you, you gave a giant FUCK YOU to Pop by not even meeting him face to face, one on one.

And don't forget the FUCK YOU to the fans! There is not a more passionate or dedicated fan base than what I’ve witnessed in San Antonio and you took a giant shit all over them. Season ticket holders paid handsomely to watch you take a $20 million dollar paid vacation with your fake injury while you were incapable of even the absolute minimum amount of communication.

Through all the ups and downs – and every single up is now tainted by your selfish and mind boggling behavior – I’ll never forget the embarrassing and unprofessional manner you treated a first class organization.

While I’m looking forward to the next chapter in the Spurs rich and storied history, I’ll always remember the way you and your fuckhead uncle acted like the half witted amateurs that you are. I hope you get frostbite and that your fake injury never heals! 

FUCK YOU!

– Mitch Cumsteen

I heard this on the radio on the way into work.  I inserted 'Fuck You' into the reading just as you have.  

Obviously written by the Uncle.

2 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Kawhi,

I have thought about it for less than two seconds trying to figure out the right things to say, and it comes down to two simple words: FUCK YOU!

Every Spurs fan wants to say FUCK YOU to way you treated the entire Spurs organization and the people and fans of San Antonio.

You gave a giant FUCK YOU to every one of your teammates who helped you over your seven years in the NBA. You didn't even have the decency to sit on the bench to support them during the playoffs.

Despite everything he's done to support your growth and guide you, you gave a giant FUCK YOU to Pop by not even meeting him face to face, one on one.

And don't forget the FUCK YOU to the fans! There is not a more passionate or dedicated fan base than what I’ve witnessed in San Antonio and you took a giant shit all over them. Season ticket holders paid handsomely to watch you take a $20 million dollar paid vacation with your fake injury while you were incapable of even the absolute minimum amount of communication.

Through all the ups and downs – and every single up is now tainted by your selfish and mind boggling behavior – I’ll never forget the embarrassing and unprofessional manner you treated a first class organization.

While I’m looking forward to the next chapter in the Spurs rich and storied history, I’ll always remember the way you and your fuckhead uncle acted like the half witted amateurs that you are. I hope you get frostbite and that your fake injury never heals! 

FUCK YOU!

– Mitch Cumsteen

8FPP-o.gif

1 hour ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:
5 hours ago, d2o said:
DkILPmoXcAAHH99.jpg:large

Works for me. Time to move on spurs fans. Forgive and forget.

US spurs fans will move on after that first game he returns to the att center and we get to boo his ass every time he touches the ball.  But I get a strong feeling he might be hurt that one game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, miguelito said:

Frankly, I'll be a little disappointed if he doesn't get guacamole dumped on him his first game back in SA.

I’ll be disappointed if his knee isn’t miraculously sore the night before he has to take the court in SA. Par for the course and all that shit.

7 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

That letter was about as generic as it gets. Kawhi doesn't give two shits about SA and that showed last season. Also, why the fuck is he using blue font?

He didn’t write that, for sure. That dude  couldn't dredge up an exclamation point if he hit his thumb with a hammer.

On 8/10/2018 at 10:42 AM, Longhornfan1024 said:

Someone on this thread or the Spurs thread surmised that he might actually be a little bit regarded.  That letter does nothing to persuade me otherwise.  

Based on speech and general mannerisms, if he’s not regarded, he missed a heck of a chance to be.

• Like 1

Bruce Bowen out as Clippers' color analyst because of Kawhi comments on Sirius XM:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24365520/bruce-bowen-la-clippers-game-analyst

In the aftermath of critical comments about 2019 free agent target Kawhi Leonard, Bruce Bowen won't be renewed as the LA Clippers television game analyst next season, sources told ESPN.

Bowen was under contract with Fox Sports West, but the Clippers -- like every organization -- have significant input into the hiring of television broadcast talents and withheld approval on extending his contract, sources said.

The sides were expected to move forward on a new deal before Bowen's public comments on Leonard, sources said. Bowen declined comment when reached on Monday.

The decision to part ways with Bowen -- a three-time NBA champion with the Spurs who had his No. 12 jersey retired -- speaks to the high-stakes repercussions surrounding the NBA's star-studded 2019 free agency class. For the Clippers, eliminating Bowen becomes a clear message about how it plans to protect star players within the organization.

Before the Toronto Raptors traded with San Antonio for Leonard in July, the Clippers tried to acquire him and plan to be aggressive suitors for Leonard in 2019 free agency. Leonard is primarily interested in signing with the Lakers or Clippers in July, league sources tell ESPN.

"I think there's nothing but excuses going on," Bowen told Sirius XM Radio on June 22. "First, it was, 'Well I was misdiagnosed.' Look here: You got $18 million this year, and you think that they're trying to rush you? You didn't play for the most part a full season this year. And you're the go-to guy, you're the franchise, and you want to say that they didn't have your best interest at heart? Are you kidding me?"

"I think he's getting bad advice," Bowen told Sirius. "I think what you're starting to see now is an individual given a certain amount of advice, and it's not the right advice. Here it is: You were protected in San Antonio. You were able to come up during a time where you still could lean on Tim [Duncan], Tony [Parker] and Manu [Ginobili]."

The Clippers could have the salary cap space available to sign two max contract free agents in 2019, and could try to recruit Leonard and another star on max contracts.

The Clippers hired Bowen to partner with legendary play-by-play man Ralph Lawler before the 2017-2018 season, replacing longtime analyst Michael Smith.