Jump to content
Bevo VIII

Truck Nuts

Recommended Posts

Need tapa back so I can post pictures. Just got a bed cover installed for the first time. It’s one of the new Undercover Ultraflex folding covers. So far I like it and it will make life a lot easier on the multiple beach trips every year.

Edited by Brew

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Switching back to Ford from RAM.  Just ordered 2019 F350, 6.7L diesel, 4 door, 4x4, Super Lariat package, rigged for towing. 

Will put leveling kit on front and load leveler airbags in back.  Will pull the wheels and tires and go with Nitto and some not so garish after market rims.

I enjoyed the RAM for the Cummins diesel and the Megacab but the experiment is over. Also going back to white. The black RAM was sharp looking but hell to keep halfway clean looking.  Every trip to deer lease made the truck look like hell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I asked this last week on another thread, but I'm in the market for a 16 or 17 King Ranch or Platinum 4X4.  Any advice or things to look out for?  Looking to buy over the next few weeks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not sure if I am a truck nut, but I think my Tacoma is a great vehicle.  I am looking forward to getting a new one in a few years.  Anyways, I got this Truxedo Lo Pro bed cover last summer for about $450 installed.  Been very happy with it.  Those metal ones that roll up and also lock seem great, but pricey.

xKIheUI.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That looks good PS.  I have a cheaper version that I use as needed.  Extremely light and easy to put on and take off for road trips and whatnot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I am not sure if I am a truck nut, but I think my Tacoma is a great vehicle.  I am looking forward to getting a new one in a few years.  Anyways, I got this Truxedo Lo Pro bed cover last summer for about $450 installed.  Been very happy with it.  Those metal ones that roll up and also lock seem great, but pricey.

xKIheUI.jpg

Nice! 

 

Yeah I really wanted a roll-n-lock last year, but balked at the price. Ended up picking up a used shell, and Have been really happy with it. Its nice to be able to carry things around in the back without fear of them walking away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ford fuckers: is there a way to buy a new Ford (say F-250) and get a better price than my local, shitty dealership?  Is anyone doing fly-and-drives on Ford vehicles?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Teddyballgame said:

traded my 150 in for a tundra---always driven f150's but really liking the Tundraimg%5D

Is this also the douchebag parking thread? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that parking job is so I don't end up on the stupid wives thread, the driveway curves around the house and if I don't pull up that far she will back right into the truck...ask me how I know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bigshark88 said:

Ford fuckers: is there a way to buy a new Ford (say F-250) and get a better price than my local, shitty dealership?  Is anyone doing fly-and-drives on Ford vehicles?  

try searching on autotrader. I've bought two F150s in Houston and always gotten a great deal. If you're in Texas I'd look in Houston.

Mac Haik Ford

Autonation

Planet Ford

Joe Myers

etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is a pic of my ‘17 Platinum. Fox Stage 1 leveling kit and rear shocks, LineX bed liner, and newly installed bed cover.

b259dceef921339c6044102e9f36ad13.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2018 at 4:46 PM, Yarbr said:

Same here, what motor Hookem?

It is a 2011 Ecoboost. I have modified it some with the catch can, new plugs with proper gap and a pin hole in inter cooler. Definitely needed it, runs so much better with those mods. Only issue I have is the timing chain slap when it starts cold. Not gonna pay to get that fixed when I had a buddy do it and the issue came back for him. Basically wasted several grand. 

I have always driven vehicles to 120k or so. Pay cash and get 7-8 years out of them.  

Edited by HOOKEM4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2018 at 11:42 AM, Teddyballgame said:

traded my 150 in for a tundra---always driven f150's but really liking the Tundraimg%5D

What package did you go with? I have had Latriats for along time but the price point on a Tundra is making me pump my brakes on another F150

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HOOKEM4 said:

It is a 2011 Ecoboost. I have modified it some with the catch can, new plugs with proper gap and a pin hole in inter cooler. Definitely needed it, runs so much better with those mods. Only issue I have is the timing chain slap when it starts cold. Not gonna pay to get that fixed when I had a buddy do it and the issue came back for him. Basically wasted several grand. 

I have always driven vehicles to 120k or so. Pay cash and get 7-8 years out of them.  

I have a 14 ecoboost. I've read about that timing chain rattle on f150 forum, thank goodness it hasn't happened to mine yet.  I drilled the hole at about 50K and have a changed the plugs a couple times, really makes a difference.  I don't know if you're in to this sort of thing, but at 100K I installed a 5 start tune and man it hauls ass (great throttle response and shift points) and pulls really well, not that it didn't already, but it is a noticeable difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really don't have a need for the tune. It is a beast as is. I am staring down the $1600 for new at/ko2 tires. Need some new shoes to last me till I am on to a new truck. Dont want to put too much more money into her.

Edited by HOOKEM4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, HOOKEM4 said:

Really don't have a need for the tune. It is a beast as is. I am staring down the $1600 for new at/ko2 tires. Need some new shoes to last me till I am on to a new truck. Dont want to put too much more money into her.

If that is the case, take a look at the Falken WildPeak AT3W tires. Cheap, but they have been great so far and look good too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I fat fingered when I input tire size. It is closer to $1300 I guess. Looks like those Falkens are $100 cheaper total. May check into them. I have just run BFG's on every truck I have ever owned thats why I keep going back. I know one thing, I wont put those pos pirelli scorpion tires back on that came from the factory. Made it less than 30k on those before they were unusable.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Understood, it was hard for me to get away from the Michelin "all terrains", especially when they gave me $100 for the set I had on there that had 55,000 miles on them.  All in I paid $818, excluding the credit, and no damage/flat coverage.

Edited by Yarbr
275/70/r18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, HOOKEM4 said:

I fat fingered when I input tire size. It is closer to $1300 I guess. Looks like those Falkens are $100 cheaper total. May check into them. I have just run BFG's on every truck I have ever owned thats why I keep going back. I know one thing, I wont put those pos pirelli scorpion tires back on that came from the factory. Made it less than 30k on those before they were unusable.  

Avatar checks out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, HOOKEM4 said:

Really don't have a need for the tune. It is a beast as is. I am staring down the $1600 for new at/ko2 tires. Need some new shoes to last me till I am on to a new truck. Dont want to put too much more money into her.

I like the Nitto Terra Grappler tires if you want a little savings. They’re bad ass and last long. I have the KO2s on my truck and the Nittos on my Tahoe. The KO2s are definitely a better ride but you pay for it. /Notsohumblebrag

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

E78ihxV.jpg

Bought her with 99K miles on the clock, soon after had to replace the high pressure fuel pump and rails, then installed a tuner and a couple other things.  I'll leave it at that.  Not near as fun as the stang, but nice getting into something that can tow the boat like it's not back there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also would recommend the Hankook DynaPro AT-M (RF-10 series).  Got over 80K on them and the tread was still almost as deep as when I bought them, but decided to replace them with another set just bc of mileage.   

dynapro_atm_rf10.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2018 at 4:00 PM, HOOKEM4 said:

Just turned over 100k on my F150. Starting to get the itch for a new one.

psssh. im at 177K on my truck and counting.  just took it in for my first maintenance problem (leaking AC hose).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d opt for the one you don’t have to drill and install catch cans for.  Also the one without timing chain “slap” sounds nice. 

Jaguarsfan.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really liking the new GMG Sierra Denali.  They sent me this email accounting the "ATC" option package, which I guess is like their version of TRD or FX4?  Pretty slick IMO:

gmc-life-sierra1500-AT4-Reveal-1-19PGSR0

gmc-life-sierra1500-AT4-Reveal-2-19PGSR0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, texasjacket said:

What package did you go with? I have had Latriats for along time but the price point on a Tundra is making me pump my brakes on another F150

I always had an XLT used as a work truck so nothing too fancy,  last one was 2013 and I put 178,000 miles on it in four years.   The Tundra is the TSS package,  basically ungraded SR5 has pretty everything the Limiteds do except leather/Sunroof.   Really liking it so far

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Any thoughts on f150 drivetains?  

5.0 w 6 speed

old ecoboost w 6 speed 

new ecoboost w 10 speed

are there others?

I'd never drive the 5.0 after owning the 3.5 ecoboost, only thing that compares is the GM 6.2.  That should piss some people off.

Edited by Yarbr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

I'm really liking the new GMG Sierra Denali.  They sent me this email accounting the "ATC" option package, which I guess is like their version of TRD or FX4?  Pretty slick IMO:

gmc-life-sierra1500-AT4-Reveal-1-19PGSR0

gmc-life-sierra1500-AT4-Reveal-2-19PGSR0

Better get one before they come out with that shorty looking tailgate on them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Any thoughts on f150 drivetains?  

5.0 w 6 speed

old ecoboost w 6 speed 

new ecoboost w 10 speed

are there others?

I prefer the eco boost in the ‘15. I haven’t really liked the ‘17 with the 10 speed. It’s not as smooth and the transmission gets caught hunting for gears. I’ve also not seen any discernible increase in mileage with right at 20k miles on the new one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

really like the silverado trail boss... might look at getting the 2020 or 2021 version, if i don't get the new bronco.

2019-chevrolet-silverado-trailboss.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Any thoughts on f150 drivetains?  

5.0 w 6 speed

old ecoboost w 6 speed 

new ecoboost w 10 speed

are there others?

I have an 18 4x4 with the 10 speed and 2.7 ecoboost. It's way more fun to drive than my brothers 5.0 V8 6 speed. I'm a little nervous about the reliability of the 10spd, but so far it has been great. The 3.5 is a BEAST but the 2.7 is pretty damn fun to drive. Getting 19.3mpg combined so far in my 2018. 

 

I think I'm going to get the wife one of the new expeditions with the 3.5 ecoboost and 10 spd. They are pricey tho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm looking at 2018 GM 1500 and Ford F150s.  I read in the previous thread that "Truck Month" was the time to buy, and March seems to be "Truck Month" but I'm not ready to buy now.  I assume that when the 2019 redesigned GM trucks hit dealerships, the 2018s will be on firesale.  Is there another time of year (other than intro of 2019 models) that there will be heavy incentives on the F150s?  TIA

Edited by solamente73

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AT4 / Trailboss are nice except for that chromed-out dual exhaust. 

Front end on that AT4 is sharp...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, solamente73 said:

I'm looking at 2018 GM 1500 and Ford F150s.  I read in the previous thread that "Truck Month" was the time to buy, and March seems to be "Truck Month" but I'm not ready to buy now.  I assume that when the 2019 redesigned GM trucks hit dealerships, the 2018s will be on firesale.  Is there another time of year (other than intro of 2019 models) that there will be heavy incentives on the F150s?  TIA

Apparently there will be a new ram this summer as well. Maybe having both main competitors put out new products will entice ford into some big incentives to keep the f150 selling at the necessary rate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just crossed 286,000 in my 99 Ram 2500.  5.9L gas engine, if anyone gives a shit.  That big nasty bastard is starting to give the signs that it's time to get a new one, and right now I'm torn between the 2019 Chev and the 2019 Ram 1500.  Gonna have to do some serious research, as they both look pretty good to me.

chevyram.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you value/like clearance, interior functionality, pussy, off road capabilities, and durable suspension, I’d go with Chevy but to each his own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...