Truck Nuts

BurntOrange&White

Every time I play the email/phone game, I'm told that they won't talk money unless I come down there in person. Even when I told them I want to buy a truck TODAY, they won't give me an out the door price unless it's face to face. 

Interesting. When I bought mine in Nov. I did the whole deal via email/text. Showed up, wrote a check, drove away in new truck.

Want a Tundra TRD Pro. I hate the haggling process but I hate being a rube even more. Any Toyo dealer recommendations? Central Texas but will travel.

There is no real haggling over the Pro’s. I had to order mine (Don McGill Toyota Katy). The price was the base plus options that I wanted. I love mine.

91752d8833e1c92a78e5a8e6e9d0ae2d.jpg
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

There is no real haggling over the Pro’s. I had to order mine (Don McGill Toyota Katy). The price was the base plus options that I wanted. I love mine.

91752d8833e1c92a78e5a8e6e9d0ae2d.jpg

Thanks! Almost exactly the truck I am looking for. Are the fender flares standard or a dealer add-on? Also curious on the step bars. I am early in the process and I don't know what items dealers always add and what not.

I had a 2007 that I never should have traded in. I'm currently driving a recent F-150 eco as my daily but after several TSBs and a turbo going out under warranty I'd like something with less things to break.

I want the last truck I am going to buy and feel like that is it.

• Fuck You 1

On 12/28/2019 at 12:43 PM, Walser said:

Want a Tundra TRD Pro. I hate the haggling process but I hate being a rube even more. Any Toyo dealer recommendations? Central Texas but will travel.

Best offer I got was in SA at Cavenders. Houston market wouldn’t budge (it’s all Gulf States Toyota so they source the same inventory among dealers/swap a lot and have the same standard “dealer marketing costs” built in to the price) when I got mine a couple years back. Not sure if supply/demand fundamentals have improved. That said, Cavenders had one on the lot and it was nearing model year close out so they cut me a deal. 

Little back story, I’ve been in a company vehicle for 20 years, 3 F150’s and one Malibu. I’m fighting the urge to go crazy with the mods :

1. Level / Lift - 100% getting done. BDS seems to be top of the line ? If I go the lift route, it’ll be minor. 

2. Bed - roll top cover that locks and extreme water proof. Maybe a small weather guard in bed box. I’m a fan of thick  rubber mat. 

3. cold air intake - seems like a no brainer.

4. Front metal bumper - looks aggressive. If I do this, I’m spray coating the bottom / tan parts If my truck, black it out and I like the look. I’m not sure about rear bumper. Add off-road stuff seems nice. I do not want to add length. Also like the idea of adding more LED lighting. No reason except I think it’s cool. 

5. Muffler / exhaust - I have the V8, but not sure how loud I want things to be.

6. Retractable side step - not sure yet but I like the look

7. hard wired radar detector - I’m not a speeder but I’m up down I-10 and 59 weekly. I like to know what’s ahead of me. 

8. I forget which Matt brand people recommended here, iv had weather tech but y’all mentioned another brand. 100% getting this done

9. tired will eventually get upgraded, low on the to do list 

all my previous F150’s had zero issues going 200k miles, (knock on wood). Zero issues if this truck does the same. Took all my work trucks to the same garage for oil changes and they keep a close eyes on things, huge part of getting long runs out of  your vehicles. 

Edited by tx 3 putt

How does the truck take the length?

I bought the Weathertech and they fit perfectly.  Others have issues with fit and have recommended Husky I think?  Or maybe Maxliner?

Oh, and I really like the retractable side step, because it actually drops lower than most normal nerf bars because it's up while running.  Most nerf bars have to split the difference since they're always deployed, and they can't be too low else they'll interfere with some driving conditions.  If you're going to put a lift on it that might become even more important.  Of course, it's also just one more electric gizmo to fail when its time comes...

Edited by utee94

59 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

looking at ‘backflip’ brand bed cover.

Every person I know with a tonneau has the backflip, save one guy that had the fancy roll up one.  I mentioned it to one of them this weekend, actually, and he was kinda fussing on it.  Asked what he'd replace it with and he didn't have an answer.  Was talking about it because I'm officially old and will be be getting a cover the next time around, I think...maybe.  FWIW, thats' the only time I've ever heard anyone fuss at all, and this one was even half assed fussing.

I have a roll-n-lock.  Love it.  It seems less intrusive when rolled up than the bakflips which block your back window.  Then again, the canister takes up a little bit of upper bed space.  Works great for me though.  I like the look of the Bak Revolver too, but again you sacrifice a little bed space.  

50 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

truck drives great, i love it. I'll try to knock out a bed liner (line x? ill call around tomorrow) and weather tech mats in the next couple of days. 

Get the best husky liners and dont look back. They are better than the weather tech by a solid margin. I went to them in my new truck after having creasing issues from the weather tech. Trust me I am pre med.

• Like 1

ive had both, they're about the same if you ask me. both fitted perfectly. the x acts might be the way to go here, want the softer feel 

ive also gone the costco route. hands down, the best bang for the buck https://www.costco.com/weathertech-4-piece-trim-to-fit-car-mats.product.100423068.html

Edited by tx 3 putt

On 12/31/2019 at 10:23 AM, tx 3 putt said:

Little back story, I’ve been in a company vehicle for 20 years, 3 F150’s and one Malibu. I’m fighting the urge to go crazy with the mods :

1. Level / Lift - 100% getting done. BDS seems to be top of the line ? If I go the lift route, it’ll be minor. 

2. Bed - roll top cover that locks and extreme water proof. Maybe a small weather guard in bed box. I’m a fan of thick  rubber mat. 

3. cold air intake - seems like a no brainer.

4. Front metal bumper - looks aggressive. If I do this, I’m spray coating the bottom / tan parts If my truck, black it out and I like the look. I’m not sure about rear bumper. Add off-road stuff seems nice. I do not want to add length. Also like the idea of adding more LED lighting. No reason except I think it’s cool. 

5. Muffler / exhaust - I have the V8, but not sure how loud I want things to be.

6. Retractable side step - not sure yet but I like the look

7. hard wired radar detector - I’m not a speeder but I’m up down I-10 and 59 weekly. I like to know what’s ahead of me. 

8. I forget which Matt brand people recommended here, iv had weather tech but y’all mentioned another brand. 100% getting this done

9. tired will eventually get upgraded, low on the to do list 

all my previous F150’s had zero issues going 200k miles, (knock on wood). Zero issues if this truck does the same. Took all my work trucks to the same garage for oil changes and they keep a close eyes on things, huge part of getting long runs out of  your vehicles. 

Had a ‘15, have a ‘17, getting ready to buy a ‘19 or an F250. I’ve done them the exact same as well as the GMC’s before that. WeatherTech floor liners, Line-x bed liner, Undercover Ultra Flex bed cover, Fox Stage 1 suspension package, and Cooper tires (switched from BFG’s 2 trucks ago.) I put a lot of miles on my truck and have been happy with all the products. As I’ve moved up in boat sizes I’m rethinking the Fox rear shocks but haven’t come up with a plan on that yet.

12 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Bed liner (Line x) and floor mats (most likely husky, need to verify color) on monday

any recs for the back seat under storage ?  I saw a weather tech version and Husky. My center console should be big enough for my laptop 

I had a Du-Ha under my back seat when I had my F-150. I liked it.

20110_v4_lg.jpg

20110_v6_lg.jpg

1 hour ago, deadshank said:

Had my short am/fm antenna stolen off of my F350 at Hobby Airport over the holidays.  I can't remember which brand it was that I bough to replace the original whip antenna.

Any recs??

You’re lucky they didn’t jack your tires. Hobby area is known for that 

Edited by tx 3 putt

19 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I see lots of the .50 cal antennae around, but it’s too bro for me. That one also isn’t the stubbiest one but I was hoping for better reception since I don’t live near the radio transmission towers. 

Is it more or less bro if I actually own a Barrett?

• Haha 1