Truck Nuts

BurntOrange&White

So my ‘15 F150 Platinum Ecoboost had the brake system crater Thursday. Drove from Rrock to Gtown. No issues. Parked truck for several hours. Got in to beat that big rain storm. Started driving when brake pedal goes all the eay to the floor. Brake system warnings go crazy. Low fluid alert etc. check reservoir looks low. Add some fluid and limp home in the rain. Trailer truck to dealership Friday. Waiting on diagnosis. Extended warranty should cover it. Will see. 71k miles.
Ugghh.. first issue with the truck. Damn, was great while it lasted

1 hour ago, williemackgarza said:

So my ‘15 F150 Platinum Ecoboost had the brake system crater Thursday. Drove from Rrock to Gtown. No issues. Parked truck for several hours. Got in to beat that big rain storm. Started driving when brake pedal goes all the eay to the floor. Brake system warnings go crazy. Low fluid alert etc. check reservoir looks low. Add some fluid and limp home in the rain. Trailer truck to dealership Friday. Waiting on diagnosis. Extended warranty should cover it. Will see. 71k miles.

Do you love to hear the steel belts humming on the asphalt?

1 hour ago, williemackgarza said:

Do you know anyone that wants you ded?

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

My Tundra has a 37 gallon standard. Filling that thing up at $1.50/gallon made me want to go drive around so I could do it again. 

Yup my F150 has a 36 gallon tank.  Two years ago filling up was painful, but now it's a joyous occasion!

11 hours ago, LebongJames said:

I have a 38 gallon in my Tundra but I have never filled up more than 31 gallons, I let it go all the way down to where it says 0 miles left. Not sure if Toyota has a 7 gallon reserve built in?

That's been my experience with the 38gal Toyota tank.  Never run it down below a point where I put in more than 32gal

11 hours ago, LebongJames said:

I have a 38 gallon in my Tundra but I have never filled up more than 31 gallons, I let it go all the way down to where it says 0 miles left. Not sure if Toyota has a 7 gallon reserve built in?

It might.  My Chevy 2500HD allegedly has a 36 gallon tank.  I fill it up every single time and the most I've ever gotten into it is just a tad over 30 gallons.

I bought my first truck last week. Ram 1500 Longhorn Laramie edition, fully loaded. It has the MFT, the Panoramic sunroof, 12” display, air suspension, etc. MSRP was $70.6k and I walked out with a $14k dealer discount and another $5k in rebates for finance through FCA for a net price of $51.6k before TTL. Loving the ride on this thing. 1e4d32eb7664982ee86c2fddd051b15d.jpg

• Like 5

Dunno yet. Dropped a tonneau cover on it and installed a Du Ha under seat storage unit in the back row. A lift is out of the question due to the air suspension. I’ve thought about blacking out the badges, and will probably end up upgrading the rims and tires at some point.

Otherwise, I’m not seeing anything imminent on the horizon.

On 3/10/2020 at 8:51 PM, HOOKEM4 said:

Anyone want to bet gm brings back the full size blazer 2 years from now after watching Ford sales and completely screws the pooch? 

Bring on the Jimmy. Fucking Masters knew cars, check out the dual sun roof. Although an incredible annoying character, her cameltoe is on point.

robin3_jimmy.png

Edited by Goodman
  • Like 1

On 3/11/2020 at 1:57 PM, smuggs said:

In other Bronco-related news - it was supposed to be rolled out in 3 weeks at the NY Auto Show, which was just postponed until August due to Corona. I wonder when/where Ford is going to drop this thing now. Detroit Auto Show is still scheduled for June.

Do you think the price and demand will be impacted by this delay?

6 hours ago, Goodman said:

Do you think the price and demand will be impacted by this delay?

I would think that they won't screw around with the price. It's a specialized vehicle that is designed to compete solely with one other specialized vehicle (Wrangler). They are going to price the Bronco competitively with all models/trims of the Wrangler.

As for demand, I don't know what people are going to be willing to buy in the next few years. What a mess.

2019 F350 going in today to get steering stabilizer installed. The death wobble appeared again Friday on way to Uvalde.  Took truck back to dealer the first time.  They appeared shocked, SHOCKED to hear of this unknown-to-them problem (even though its common knowledge).  This time I passed up the dealer since they couldn't /didn't correct the issue the first time and now I'm going to my trusted guys at Master Hitch on Glenmont.  They know what to do and will set things straight. 

Will get a cell phone booster installed, as well.

2 hours ago, deadshank said:

2019 F350 going in today to get steering stabilizer installed. The death wobble appeared again Friday on way to Uvalde.  Took truck back to dealer the first time.  They appeared shocked, SHOCKED to hear of this unknown-to-them problem (even though its common knowledge).  This time I passed up the dealer since they couldn't /didn't correct the issue the first time and now I'm going to my trusted guys at Master Hitch on Glenmont.  They know what to do and will set things straight. 

Will get a cell phone booster installed, as well.

Let me know how the ride improves.  I have a 2019 F350 as well.  About 50K miles.  I've had the death wobble happen to me twice in the last month.  I need to do something.  

I have an extra truck at the shop, so I may drop mine off for a bit and go ahead do some other stuff as well.  Brush guard, LED lights in the grill, little lift, new rims and 35s.  

5 hours ago, Spaulding Smails said:

Let me know how the ride improves.  I have a 2019 F350 as well.  About 50K miles.  I've had the death wobble happen to me twice in the last month.  I need to do something.  

I have an extra truck at the shop, so I may drop mine off for a bit and go ahead do some other stuff as well.  Brush guard, LED lights in the grill, little lift, new rims and 35s.  

Will do.  Master Hitch installed a BDS dual steering stabilizer. $450 drive off.  I can tell you that in just driving back up 610 from Bellaire to my warehouse off of 290 that the ride is much improved and much less "loose."  Master Hitch guys did tell me that I need to come back in after about 500 miles of driving for a quick once over and slight adjustments once the stabilizer seats.  

I also got the Wilson cell booster.  Will see how well that works for me when I'm out in the brush again this weekend.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2020 at 8:33 AM, Spaulding Smails said:

So, I broke in the steering stabilizers today when I did a round trip from westside of Houston up to the Woodlands then to Beaumont and back to warehouse.  Hit some pretty good construction bumps and areas where 18 wheelers have potted out the asphalt.  Both of those types of road hazards are what cause the death wobble when hitting them in the 70 - 75 mph range.  

No problems.  The ride is much more firm and feels right. Glad I had the work done.  Trailering this weekend with a small tractor on back will be the final test.

13 hours ago, deadshank said:

So, I broke in the steering stabilizers today when I did a round trip from westside of Houston up to the Woodlands then to Beaumont and back to warehouse.  Hit some pretty good construction bumps and areas where 18 wheelers have potted out the asphalt.  Both of those types of road hazards are what cause the death wobble when hitting them in the 70 - 75 mph range.  

No problems.  The ride is much more firm and feels right. Glad I had the work done.  Trailering this weekend with a small tractor on back will be the final test.

Nice.  Thanks for the update.  I ordered a Fox steering stabilizer yesterday.  Going on next week.  Thanks for the recommendation.  I need to haul my Bobcat out to the ranch in a few weeks, so I want it on by then.

I also had to order a new grille.  We drove to Telluride in my truck for spring break.  Got to the mountain the day they closed it.  Stayed a day so the kids could play in the sun, then turned around and did a cannonball run back home the next day.  That was the first Monday as shit was going crazy because of the rona.  I had to get a letter out to my employees, so my wife drove for about an hour or so near Hobbs, NM.  And she managed to hit a turkey.  In broad daylight.  On a flat road.  My grille was jacked (though not as bad as the turkey).  At least it didn't hit the LED lights.  

Putting on the new grille and adding some LED lights in the grille as well.  I'm going to wait a few months before I explore a little lift and new shoes.  May do a brush guard as well for future turkey encounters.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Spaulding Smails said:

I had to get a letter out to my employees, so my wife drove for about an hour or so near Hobbs, NM.  And she managed to hit a turkey.  In broad daylight.  On a flat road.  My grille was jacked (though not as bad as the turkey).  At least it didn't hit the LED lights.  

That's what you get for letting your wife drive your truck.

I have a Tundra grille guard for sale.

Tried to copy / pasta the details from my FB Marketplace listing but for some reason my phone or FB have a conflict re: highlighting, so the screenshot pics will suffice for the description.

Located in Drip, 78620.

If you come out on a weekend, maybe I'll smoke some ribs.

2c2bc693404a538fb64632e9c35ba52c.jpg5874c6134bb8c7d4a7d87023f1badae6.jpg4adcb3c661913e9df8f4a2b6fd812977.jpgad2d46230d9bbe14c57d7385b2cef434.jpg727adfe222c955a936ca96997f7e1aca.jpgb348914a2d9ba3e63980be6883c92011.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I had a jeep go into the death wobble right in front of me on the beltway last week.  I don't know how he got it whoa'd down in time without wrecking. That's got to be a bad feeling.  I hope my F-250 doesn't develop one.

10 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

lol I don’t think I’ve put gas in mine since you bought yours and you’re getting new oil

Ha, same here.  Don't think I've put even 200 miles on it since March 13th.

We just bought my wife a new Jeep JK, so all of our travels are now in that vehicle.  I only use the truck for towing the boat and the RV, and there's no place to tow an RV right now, so... :)