Truck Nuts

BurntOrange&White

Just now, TankedBevo said:

I had ridge grapplers (35x12.5) on my previous truck and they still had plenty of tread left after 60K miles. I plan on buying more for the new truck soon.

Just now, fattyflattie said:

What truck if you don’t mind me asking 

2015 GMC Sierra SLT 4X4. Sold it last year for a 2020 AT4

1 hour ago, TankedBevo said:

Yes, sorry lmao

Reason I ask is it makes a big difference, even between the makes.  When I used to run Terra Grapplers, I would get about 10-15k less than my buddies with Super-Dutys.  And I keep my shit aligned and rotated, aired properly etc.  Hell I even got what I considered really good mileage out of them.  But they would wear like iron for the Ford guys.  Mine were on a 3/4-ton Dmax fwiw. 

3 hours ago, TankedBevo said:

Forgot to mention, my AT4 came with Goodyear Duratrac Wranglers and they are so loud at 40-60 mph that I'm dumping them early for the RG's which were whisper quiet comparatively.

I replaced my stock duratech wranglers. One tire had a huge gash under the tread, no warranty and the other three had peeling on the side wall. I was ready to replace them 

Edited by tx 3 putt

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

I replaced my stock duratech wranglers. One tire had a huge gash under the tread, no warranty and the other three had peeling on the side wall. I was ready to replace them 

Jesus, luckily I haven't had any issues like that. What a pain in the ass 

15 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:
2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

That is the biggest drawback I've always heard about Dutatracs. Weak sidewalls.

They don't balance worth a fuck either.  

37 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:
2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

That is the biggest drawback I've always heard about Dutatracs. Weak sidewalls.

ridge grabbler side wall sold me 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

I assume you had to pay msrp? 

Found a local dealer that is honoring X-plan, so somewhat under MSRP.    

There are some dealers nationwide who are offering $X below MSRP, and even 2 or 3 who are offering $X below invoice, but there was nothing like that near me.  I checked into the cost of ordering from one of the $X under invoice dealers and then having it shipped, but the total cost was going to be about the same as the X-Plan so I just put my order in with a local dealer who was honoring X-Plan.  

15 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

ridge grabbler side wall sold me 

Yeah, it's a 3-ply.  Same with BFG's.  Used to run those exclusively @ the ranch due to mesquite thorns.  Running stock Tundra TRD Michelin AT2's.  We've done enough road work that they are fine.  Once they give up the ghost, will upgrade to the Ridge Grapplers more than likely.  Maybe Toyo Open Country's.  

On 3/18/2021 at 12:47 PM, fattyflattie said:

What truck if you don’t mind me asking 

I've got 35x12.50 Ridge Grapplers on my 2017 F-150. They have 37K miles on them and still have a ton of tread left. I love these tires. 

Yeah, it's a 3-ply.  Same with BFG's.  Used to run those exclusively @ the ranch due to mesquite thorns.  Running stock Tundra TRD Michelin AT2's.  We've done enough road work that they are fine.  Once they give up the ghost, will upgrade to the Ridge Grapplers more than likely.  Maybe Toyo Open Country's.  
Toyo OC AT3s are fantastic.

1 hour ago, Chewbacca said:
13 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

Toyo OC AT3s are fantastic.

That’s a man’s tire 

• Like 1

I’m on set 4 I think of Cooper Discover AT3’s  after my tire guy got me to switch. I couldn’t be happier with the brand. I kept having wear issues with Toyo’s and BFG’s and he kept trying to get me to switch, but I was against it. Finally changed a couple trucks ago and they are the first thing that goes on along with the suspension now. Traded the last two with 55k or so on them and they still had plenty of life. They ride great, they wear even, they aren’t loud, they are good in the rain which the other two sucked at, etc. I average 25k-35k miles a year on them and have had zero issues.

Popped my trucks deer cherry this morning. 60 mph, never saw it till split second before impact. It actually took it fairly well, bumper is toast but nothing else serious. It will likely still cost 5k+ with all the plastic crap they have to replace behind it. 1k deductible, here we come. 

Looking for exhaust advice for 1992 chevy blazer that is all factory with common base 5.7 v8. Don’t want anything too loud/annoying, just deeper rumble mostly. I’m in south Austin so shops down here as well.

Just traded my 2018 XLT for a 21 Lariat at Mac Haik Houston. Paid 39.2K for the XLT in 2018 and traded it in for $35K! The lariat was pricey but I couldn't pass up the trade offer on my 2018. Inventory is a shit show right now and I tried to buy a few different trucks before I landed on the Lariat. 

Just traded my 2018 XLT for a 21 Lariat at Mac Haik Houston. Paid 39.2K for the XLT in 2018 and traded it in for $35K! The lariat was pricey but I couldn't pass up the trade offer on my 2018. Inventory is a shit show right now and I tried to buy a few different trucks before I landed on the Lariat. 
It's the inventory issues keeping used prices higher than giraffe pussy right now.

Anyone have goods recs for a body shop/pdr guy? Had my truck at Leif Johnson for service last week and it got popped pretty good by the hail storm.

It's the inventory issues keeping used prices higher than giraffe pussy right now.

Anyone have goods recs for a body shop/pdr guy? Had my truck at Leif Johnson for service last week and it got popped pretty good by the hail storm.

Jeff’s auto body does great work and next to the rose/stiles switch ;)

2WD or 4WD on your ‘18 XLT? How many miles? $35k is a helluva trade offer ... don’t blame you one bit for jumping on that.

On 4/1/2021 at 7:44 PM, utee94 said:

Did I miss it, have we talked about this thing yet?

image.thumb.png.1cc9e904228bb852a1f969b4160cff0e.png

We did that to a buddies 4x4 deer lease suburban back in high school.  Lots of cutoff wheels in the grinder and sawzall blades then put on a rattle can camo job.  Spend the summer cruising around town in it before hauling back down to the lease.

On 4/2/2021 at 8:54 PM, davidg said:

We did that to a buddies 4x4 deer lease suburban back in high school.  Lots of cutoff wheels in the grinder and sawzall blades then put on a rattle can camo job.  Spend the summer cruising around town in it before hauling back down to the lease.

I was about to say, they are half way to a really nice quail rig. But alas, April 1st.