Truck Nuts

BurntOrange&White

6 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

I have a friend that got like 10-11 combined in his tundra. He sold that fucker.

Either he was constantly towing something, or there was something wrong with his truck.  I have a lead foot in the LC (you have to to get it moving).  Can't imagine 10-11.

Well, my current company will buy me a truck but am I going to stay with the current company ?

$7k v $35k, geico rep was just a little off 

Who cares. With truck prices being so high, let them eat that turd sandwich. If you move on - then hopefully prices are down and you can make a [aggy]power move[aggy].

On 10/5/2021 at 5:52 PM, Bert Orange said:

Holy fuck. So in the TRX stolen truck saga, two delayed hits came back from satellite. One at BW8 near Houston ship channel and the second over water. Looks like someone in Dubai is getting a new TRX. Detective headed over to the Port to see if he can dig up anything. Unlikely mine is the only one loaded into a shipping container. Likely a well orchestrated mass hit the likes of Gone in 60 Seconds according to the detective. Drove straight to the boat. 

Hug your new rare Broncos folks!!!

I think we have a mutual friend Bert. I'm sorry to hear it was your truck. 

What happened to the Raptor? 

On 10/11/2021 at 11:29 AM, tx 3 putt said:

Updated estimate from the Ford shop - $36k 

That’s a lot of buffing powder. 

ive gotten 2 emails about the new Sierra being revealed tomorrow, including a super deluxe Denali ultimate offering.  I feel like gm just did their trucks like 2 years ago. 

Falken Rubitrek tires are listed on Walmart website for like $60 cheaper than anywhere else. I don't know if it's related but the pictures on the Walmart site are wrong as well. I took a flyer and I ordered four. The correct tires showed up. Got them mounted at a local, independent place today.

Couldn't bring myself to pay what they want at Discount for another new set of (excellent) Michelin MTX AT2s.

Falken Rubitrek tires are listed on Walmart website for like $60 cheaper than anywhere else. I don't know if it's related but the pictures on the Walmart site are wrong as well. I took a flyer and I ordered four. The correct tires showed up. Got them mounted at a local, independent place today.

Couldn't bring myself to pay what they want at Discount for another new set of (excellent) Michelin MTX AT2s.
Tires are the only thing touching the road in your car. I always buy the best tires.

I normally agree. I have bought three sets of Michelin tires over the last few years. I had them on my 09 Ram before I traded. Currently have a set on the wife's SUV. Then there was the set on my current Tundra that I dumped today.

A second consideration here (aside from the currently inflated price) was wanting something that looked a little more aggressive. a402256643b133117728243e56c05bc6.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Chewbacca said:
2 hours ago, bigshark88 said:

Tires are the only thing touching the road in your car. I always buy the best tires.

sometimes a bumper or muffler may be touching the road

Waiting on an update on my Bronco order, but Ford dealer seems to think it will be sometime around year end. Went with a 2 door Black Diamond so it would have no carpet where I could rinse sand and dirt out of it. Went ahead and put in a 2022 F250 order also while I was talking to him. It’s time to upgrade.

5 hours ago, Chewbacca said:
7 hours ago, bigshark88 said:

4 hours ago, blacklab said:

sometimes a bumper or muffler may be touching the road

Or your differential, if you've had a particularly unlucky rock crawling day...

15 hours ago, bigshark88 said:

I normally agree. I have bought three sets of Michelin tires over the last few years. I had them on my 09 Ram before I traded. Currently have a set on the wife's SUV. Then there was the set on my current Tundra that I dumped today.

A second consideration here (aside from the currently inflated price) was wanting something that looked a little more aggressive. a402256643b133117728243e56c05bc6.jpg

Ran multiple sets of Falkens on my old FX4.  They did great.  Wore evenly.  Lasted as long as advertised.  Got me in and out of a few dicey areas.  Coopers are as well.  Their sidewalls seemed to hold up better to sharp rocks & mesquite thorns than any other brand, including BFGs

I know "supply chain issues" is such a catch phrase, but magnesium shortages, that lead to aluminum shortages, leading to manufacturing shortages.

It's about to get a whole lot worse

Now, it may have an impact on the entire industry. A global shortage of magnesium could result in a near-total shutdown of the auto industry — one that experts say could come by the end of this year.

35 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

That’s what I’m talking about. I’m long past time to upgrade, still just trying to wrap my head around spending that much on a damn truck. 

Dealer I work with says they are expecting lot availability to be nonexistent through the next model year outside of buying whatever happens to come in or ordering one. I’m going to see what comes out on the 2023 redesign while I wait and then decide something for sure when it gets closer. He said he didn’t have a problem putting this one on the lot if I want a ‘23 instead as it would be gone immediately.

19 hours ago, bigshark88 said:

Discount will ALWAYS beat anyone else's price.  EVERY TIME.

2 minutes ago, ROFL BOX said:

Every D.T. shop I have ever been to uses torque wrenches to finish off the lug nuts.  I can't speak to places like Wal Mart or NBT.

They do. Which makes it even fucking dumber when they come give me the coupon to go down the street and get my lugs replaced.  That place is a exponentially shittier than it was 5 years ago.  I still buy my tires there.  I just don’t expect good or even average service there anymore. 

17 hours ago, Handcruser said:

Tundra looking at 19/23 mpg, 20 combined.

Blah. Was hoping for more.

It went from 13/17 to 19/23, has more power, tows more and can carry more payload, and you're disappointed?

That's a 46% increase in city mileage and 35% increase in highway mileage.  Holy shit, what did you expect?

33 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

It went from 13/17 to 19/23, has more power, tows more and can carry more payload, and you're disappointed?

That's a 46% increase in city mileage and 35% increase in highway mileage.  Holy shit, what did you expect?

Are these estimated #’s, cough ecoboost cough, or some real world testing been done?

3 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

This is correct.  Still don’t like the front end though,

• Like 1

2020 F150 3.5 Ecoboost.  Just returned from 3000 mile Colorado trip.  13/17 seems about right for the trip.  Overall average 16 mpg.  Large percentage of highway driving, although it was above 2000 rpm at 90 mph.  I think a more sedate 70 mph on the highway would have netted a higher mpg, say 19 or so.

• Hook 'Em 1