Truck Nuts

BurntOrange&White

Glad I still have a bumper that serves as a step.  That would be a deal breaker for me. Some chick demoed her little suv on my ball just a month or so ago. Didn’t do shit except bend my ball up a bit (still tows but need new one, it’s wearing on tongue)   Her shit was destroyed when I pulled forward and lots of hers came with it.  Thinking one of those high dollar adjustable types this time.   I usually get a new $25 one when I buy a new truck. This one has 11 years now. Chick ruined it, probably on facebook. 
I got a BnW and it's nice to be able to adjust for all three trailers I tow but in the end I've realized that I've spent $200 on something that's traditionally $27-$40

4 hours ago, bigshark88 said:
On 5/15/2019 at 7:29 PM, fattyflattie said:
Glad I still have a bumper that serves as a step.  That would be a deal breaker for me. Some chick demoed her little suv on my ball just a month or so ago. Didn’t do shit except bend my ball up a bit (still tows but need new one, it’s wearing on tongue)   Her shit was destroyed when I pulled forward and lots of hers came with it.  Thinking one of those high dollar adjustable types this time.   I usually get a new $25 one when I buy a new truck. This one has 11 years now. Chick ruined it, probably on facebook. 

Read more  

I got a BnW and it's nice to be able to adjust for all three trailers I tow but in the end I've realized that I've spent $200 on something that's traditionally $27-$40

Yeah I’m averaging like $2/yr on my newly bent one. I could be cheap and keep the ball but it’ll probably just end up welded on the newest box-blade.  I’ve towed the boat with it a few hundred miles but it’s not right and wearing on the ball (tiny scratches, not real wear). Need to just get a new one and get a new lock at same time (the last decade hasn’t been easy on it) 

My 2019 F150 will be here in a few weeks, and I need to order up some seat covers.

This isn't a pickup for hard work, but it'll get dirty after 4 wheeling, fishing and running from the cops. I want seat covers that are waterproof and look good. Probably in the $300 range.

Thanks much.

26 minutes ago, Parliament said:

My 2019 F150 will be here in a few weeks, and I need to order up some seat covers.

This isn't a pickup for hard work, but it'll get dirty after 4 wheeling, fishing and running from the cops. I want seat covers that are waterproof and look good. Probably in the $300 range.

Thanks much.

This is clearly what you need: https://www.autoanything.com/seat-covers/coverking-kryptek-camo-tactical-ballistic-seat-covers

On 5/29/2019 at 11:01 AM, Dewey said:

I'm thinking of selling my truck (2012 f150 and 2 recalls) and want to buy a 70s f100 or Chevy or GMC, other than CL, where else can I shop for these?

Dealer or owner, would prefer owner

Autotrader Classics

On 5/29/2019 at 11:01 AM, Dewey said:

I'm thinking of selling my truck (2012 f150 and 2 recalls) and want to buy a 70s f100 or Chevy or GMC, other than CL, where else can I shop for these?

Dealer or owner, would prefer owner

Streetside Classics consignments has a ton. No clue as to condition or buying experience. I just like to walk around the warehouse. 

• Like 1

I'm going to use it as an everyday driver, part of which is hauling material and tools around. I doesnt need to be super clean, but does need to look decent, no rust, or as little as possible. I can do work on it as well. Most importantly, it needs not to have any software bullshit with it.

Have you ever had a vintage vehicle as a daily driver?  I love vintage vehicles, but having one as a daily driver can be a real beating.  Just make sure you're ready for that.
Dont disagree, and am ready for the beating. I'm taking a beating on a 2012 with 70,000, I dont consider it a daily driver unless you throw in a tow truck at the ready. That thing has been a beating.

9 hours ago, utee94 said:

Have you ever had a vintage vehicle as a daily driver?  I love vintage vehicles, but having one as a daily driver can be a real beating.  Just make sure you're ready for that.

Yeah, I'm with you.  I like engines that don't overheat (and get good gas mileage), A/C that actually works well, antilock brakes, airbags, etc.  

Is Ford actually not gonna fuck this up? 

f150-raptor-singlecab-007-1559845615.jpg

What do we have here? Some sort of Ford prototype of a vehicle that definitely does not exist in production: A short-cab, short-bed F-150 in Raptor guise. We have no idea what this test mule is, but it sure as hell looks like a full-size Bronco.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/a27793044/new-ford-bronco-full-size-prototype-spy-photos/?fbclid=IwAR1XUWQua8pKfUaZLbq-rcJVfMcv3XyrYdkDAc0q0PcW4MRyBIaUAv_UzzE

Edited by UnivTex34

I dunno, aesthetically it's just way too small for me, looks out of balance.  For a bed that short, I want to see a crew cab.  If you're doing a single cab, then I want to see a longer bed.  Just my opinion of course, but that thing looks off to my eye.

Also have no idea why they'd call it a Bronco, it's just a short-bed pickup.  All the Broncos I've seen from just about every era were open to the back and had a back seat.  Am I missing something?

That said, I'd be really happy if they came out with a Bronco that looked something like this pic here:

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/a31079/new-ford-bronco-ranger-details/

bronco6g-fordbronco-rear6-1499778889.jpg

And even happier if they went vintage and made it more like the late 60s/early 70s Broncos.  Those are some of my favorite truck-like vehicles of all time.

Edited by utee94

9 minutes ago, utee94 said:

I dunno, aesthetically it's just way too small for me, looks out of balance.  For a bed that short, I want to see a crew cab.  If you're doing a single cab, then I want to see a longer bed.  Just my opinion of course, but that thing looks off to my eye.

Also have no idea why they'd call it a Bronco, it's just a short-bed pickup.  All the Broncos I've seen from just about every era were open to the back and had a back seat.  Am I missing something?

Read the article my man, that is a test pig. It only has the F150 body on as a disguise. None of that sheet metal will remain the same. The wheelbase matches up pretty perfectly to a Bronco, and as you said, no way they make a single cab with that short a bed, especially not in the wide wheel base like the raptor. This is good news, if that is in fact a Bronco test pig, its gonna be based on the F150 like the old ones.

18 minutes ago, UnivTex34 said:

Read the article my man, that is a test pig. It only has the F150 body on as a disguise. None of that sheet metal will remain the same. The wheelbase matches up pretty perfectly to a Bronco, and as you said, no way they make a single cab with that short a bed, especially not in the wide wheel base like the raptor. This is good news, if that is in fact a Bronco test pig, its gonna be based on the F150 like the old ones.

I read it, guess I just don't understand what "test mule" means.  If it's only the chassis... well, ok. I'd certainly like to see it based on the F150 chassis-- unless of course they realized my true dream and made a more vintage one, like Toyota did with the FJ.  A vintage Bronco would need to be on a smaller chassis.

Anyway. I suppose I can get excited for it-- if they get the body right. :)

5 minutes ago, utee94 said:

I read it, guess I just don't understand what "test mule" means.  If it's only the chassis... well, ok. I'd certainly like to see it based on the F150 chassis-- unless of course they realized my true dream and made a more vintage one, like Toyota did with the FJ.  A vintage Bronco would need to be on a smaller chassis.

Anyway. I suppose I can get excited for it-- if they get the body right. :)

Slap a back shell on it, a bench seat in the back, and clean up the lines  and they can go ahead and tell me where to make my deposit.

Anyway. I suppose I can get excited for it-- if they get the body right.

Test mule is just whatever body parts they have that fit to test the chassis/drivetrain/running gear. I am surprised that this one looks so....complete. Sometimes they look very cobbled together because....well they usually really are.

Some examples.

The Subaru BRZ/Toyota 86 mule:

65a3823370d0976c2ec5e41270e1371d.jpg

AMG GT and SL platform mule:

84d36206054f7370a58da684195aad2f.jpg
  • Like 2

pending a PPI tomorrow, this will soon be mine.

00Z0Z_dYvnsRbwQgp_600x450.jpg

Oldest is just about to get his permit and he really can't drive my car or the wife's (mine is too fast, hers is too big).  I wanted big, slow, reliable, and full time AWD (safer when weather turns bad around here for a young driver).  This will also be my car to use and I want a fishing/offroading rig for the mountains.  I've wanted a LC for a long time.  Can't wait.  212k miles, so it's just getting broken in.  

• Like 2

Oldest is just about to get his permit and he really can't drive my car or the wife's (mine is too fast, hers is too big).  I wanted big, slow, reliable, and full time AWD (safer when weather turns bad around here for a young driver).  This will also be my car to use and I want a fishing/offroading rig for the mountains.  I've wanted a LC for a long time.  Can't wait.  212k miles, so it's just getting broken in.  

Hell yes. I know you’re getting a ppi, but make sure they check for timing belt replacement.

2 hours ago, Brew said:

Slap a back shell on it, a bench seat in the back, and clean up the lines  and they can go ahead and tell me where to make my deposit.

Yep. I’m not in the market but will be if ford can find a way to not fuck this up. 

On 6/6/2019 at 5:56 PM, Chewbacca said:

Quoting myself here, but the LC checked out and is now sitting in my driveway.  It's really something how well these are put together.  Still drives and rides really nice.  Will get it offroad in a week or so, but I'm pumped.  Thinking I'll pull off the running boards, maybe do a mild lift and some 33" BFG KO2s.  Want to keep the mods mild since this will primarily be my son's car to drive.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Quoting myself here, but the LC checked out and is now sitting in my driveway.  It's really something how well these are put together.  Still drives and rides really nice.  Will get it offroad in a week or so, but I'm pumped.  Thinking I'll pull off the running boards, maybe do a mild lift and some 33" BFG KO2s.  Want to keep the mods mild since this will primarily be my son's car to drive.

They are excellent vehicles. I had an 80 series in high school (that I kept until about two years ago), and having all that space in the back is something your son will really appreciate. 

• Like 2

On 6/13/2019 at 1:34 PM, Chewbacca said:

Ballpark on price?  That generation land cruiser is on my list. Oh, and the ih8mud forums will be your friend. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Guys guys guys. I’m pretty sure they were just fueling up on coffee and McMuffins before heading into Yellowstone. 

Thinking of an Earth Roamer stuck in a traffic jam on the Yellowstone loop makes me laugh for some reason.

Heh.  No, not me, just a picture I found on the Internet.

I've never done it, but for many years, most Walmarts have allowed overnight RV camping, so it's pretty common for folks trying to cross long distances and/or doing trips on the cheap to stop over for a night.

4 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Heh.  No, not me, just a picture I found on the Internet.

I've never done it, but for many years, most Walmarts have allowed overnight RV camping, so it's pretty common for folks trying to cross long distances and/or doing trips on the cheap to stop over for a night.

Yep, I think they still allow it but I would only take advantage as a last resort.