Truck Nuts

BurntOrange&White

Looks like the AT4 doesn’t have a body lift. It has longer shocks than the other models (which is the right way to do it).

If you were going to lift it more than what it’s currently at, you’d need new upper control arms that correct caster and help with ball joint binding.

Ah, thanks! I thought I had read it was a body lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want to spend a bunch of money on the front end you could put Fox 2.5 coil-overs on it. They will fit the AT4/Trail Boss with 0" of lift and no control arm modification. For a full front and rear Fox 2.5 set up you are entering Raptor money territory.

The part number is 883-06-157: 

https://pvg-portal.ridefox.com/_context/fox/__uploads/_assets/605-01-259_REV_B-Color.pdf?_ga=2.82329878.1423181937.1610978637-1720937940.1608649567

FOX_19Chevy1500_2.5Coilovers_01.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Typically a lift is not going to improve the driving dynamics of a truck.

A full lift will not, but a replacement of stock components with a leveling kit or small lift with something like a Fox/Icon setup will. Typically in that size range it is the increase in tire size/weight along with a more aggressive tread pattern that is more detrimental than the lift itself. I’ll take the Fox 2.0 setup over the stock setup all day other than knowing you have to deal with rebuilds.

7 minutes ago, Brew said:

A full lift will not, but a replacement of stock components with a leveling kit or small lift with something like a Fox/Icon setup will. Typically in that size range it is the increase in tire size/weight along with a more aggressive tread pattern that is more detrimental than the lift itself. I’ll take the Fox 2.0 setup over the stock setup all day other than knowing you have to deal with rebuilds.

Right, but upgrading shocks is not the same thing as lifting the vehicle.  I agree on the benefits of upgrading shocks, but that's not the same thing as a lift.

10 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Right, but upgrading shocks is not the same thing as lifting the vehicle.  I agree on the benefits of upgrading shocks, but that's not the same thing as a lift.

The Fox setup is an adjustable 2 inch lift with the 2.0’s and 3 inch with the 2.5. It’s more than a shock upgrade as it is a full coil over lift. If he’s going 4-6 inches then it’s a different discussion.

On 1/16/2021 at 9:23 PM, Chewbacca said:

Fits better here, but my 2021 Landcruiser should be here in a week or so. Very excited. I plan on keeping it for 20 years.

I'll always have a fun car, but I've wanted one of these for a while now. And 2021 is the last year for LCs in America.

you will love it. I have a 2014 and it's outstanding. Only downside is gas mileage is atrocious. I've been driving Land Cruisers since 1994 though so I'm used to it. 

Last night I got my call from Leif Johnson to finalize my Bronco order. Went ahead with it.  4-door Outer Banks, Area 51 gray, Sasquatch, Lux.

Ford will inform buyers in May an estimate arrival date.  Broncos will be built by the original reservation number order date.  The hard top, V6, 2-door, Lux and Sasquatch packages are in short supply so those selections will cause delays. Even though I have an early reservation date, mine will most likely arrive late '21 due to picking 4 of the 5 short supply items.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, CooterBrown said:

Last night I got my call from Leif Johnson to finalize my Bronco order. Went ahead with it.  4-door Outer Banks, Area 51 gray, Sasquatch, Lux.

Ford will inform buyers in May an estimate arrival date.  Broncos will be built by the original reservation number order date.  The hard top, V6, 2-door, Lux and Sasquatch packages are in short supply so those selections will cause delays. Even though I have an early reservation date, mine will most likely arrive late '21 due to picking 4 of the 5 short supply items.

Congrats for hanging in there. That is going to be an awesome rig.

2 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

How much?

13 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

How much?

My build ended up at $57K.

Outer Banks
Area 51
V6
Sasquatch™ Package 
Lux Package 
Towing Capability
Molded In Color Hard Top Roof
Hard Top Sound Deadening Headliner 
Keyless Entry Keypad 
Navy Pier Cloth Seats
Floor Mats

Edited by CooterBrown
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Sad truck story: My brother-in-law passed away last week, very sudden and unexpected. My sister is selling his 2017 Raptor. She had just bought a new SUV and has no use for it and the extra payment. He loved that truck. His commute was only 3-5 miles, so even though it's a 2017, it only has 21K miles on it. Selling the truck is the right thing to do but it's still just a kick in the balls to me. I miss my bro and I guess i'm just pissed.

24 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Sad truck story: My brother-in-law passed away last week, very sudden and unexpected. My sister is selling his 2017 Raptor. She had just bought a new SUV and has no use for it and the extra payment. He loved that truck. His commute was only 3-5 miles, so even though it's a 2017, it only has 21K miles on it. Selling the truck is the right thing to do but it's still just a kick in the balls to me. I miss my bro and I guess i'm just pissed.

Very sorry to hear that, condolences.

Edited by utee94

14 hours ago, Sandman said:

A) this sucks man _ sorry. B) I just hit 21k on my 2017 and I’m sufficiently freaked out. 

• Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, Sandman said:

Fuck, sorry to hear my friend.

10 hours ago, mininghorn88 said:

Nice looking truck. What do you think about the tailgate with all of the options?

Where are all of the dealer logos and emblems?

I really haven’t needed to use the tailgate yet but I’m thinking it will come in handy down the road. It’s pretty easy to use. 

No decals or emblems at Covert. They didn’t even put on the dealer plate holders. It’s pretty nice. 

9 hours ago, T-shirt Sip said:

I really haven’t needed to use the tailgate yet but I’m thinking it will come in handy down the road. It’s pretty easy to use. 

No decals or emblems at Covert. They didn’t even put on the dealer plate holders. It’s pretty nice. 

That is nice. My dealer put a sticker above my sliding window on the back, an emblem on my tailgate and dealer plate holders.

I immediately scraped the sticker off. Am considering taking a heat gun to the emblem on the tailgate to remove it too.

of course the plate holders came off quickly too.

They should pay me or give me a discount on the purchase if they want me to drive around advertising for them.

• Hook 'Em 1

Fuck thieves. Finally got the parts to get the timing chain rattle fixed on the 3.5 and the shop calls me and says that someone took a sawzall to the exhaust system trying to steal the converters. They weren’t all that careful with it, so there is quite a bit of damage underneath. $25 payday at the junkyard turns into a likely insurance claim. Apparently they have hit our area pretty hard lately. Wish I had some idea of when it may have happened as we have cameras on our driveway, but it could have been anywhere.

• Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Brew said:

Fuck thieves. Finally got the parts to get the timing chain rattle fixed on the 3.5 and the shop calls me and says that someone took a sawzall to the exhaust system trying to steal the converters. They weren’t all that careful with it, so there is quite a bit of damage underneath. $25 payday at the junkyard turns into a likely insurance claim. Apparently they have hit our area pretty hard lately. Wish I had some idea of when it may have happened as we have cameras on our driveway, but it could have been anywhere.

that sucks man im sorry. been hearing similar stories in austin lately

50 minutes ago, jofus said:

Thanks and same. The load rating of the cover is as much of a tool as keeping things enclosed.

Yeah, the bed on the Gladiator is so small that it’s almost a necessity. I strap shit up there all the time. And being able to have locked dry storage is huge with a soft top.

On 2/4/2021 at 8:46 AM, Brew said:

The local PD out here my way just put out a press release that the shit is happening here on the regular.   

On 1/30/2021 at 12:38 AM, T-shirt Sip said:

You'll use the different configurations of the tailgate way more than you think you will. It's awesome to have. Just make sure you take out any hitches if you have them in before opening it all the way down, I've almost put a dent in the top of the tailgate from that. 

You'll use the different configurations of the tailgate way more than you think you will. It's awesome to have. Just make sure you take out any hitches if you have them in before opening it all the way down, I've almost put a dent in the top of the tailgate from that. 
Maybe I'm old fashion but if I have to remove my hitch to use the tailgate, that's not a truck.
  • Hook 'Em 2