Truck Nuts

BurntOrange&White

If your tailgate locks, the Bakflip is theft resistant.  Somebody that knows where the latch wire is and has a coat hanger can get in with a little jimmying around.  I put my own on after watching a couple of videos on Youtube on installing one.  Took about 30 minutes doing it by myself.

Undercover Ultraflex is the only way to go. It is completely flush mount and waterproof. It’s pouring right now and I can walk out and there will not be a drop of water in the bed. If the tailgate is locked you can’t access it, it folds up and locks down if you want it partially open, and you can fold it up against the back window and lock it in if you need the full bed open.

• Like 1

Got the seats redone this week in my KR F-150.  They no longer have the King Ranch embossed in the leather but I don't care.  Could not be happier.  I have all the old leather seat covers, thinking I might make a shotgun case out of some of it.

Thought i posted pics but they don't seem to be showing up.  

Edited by Moby Ric

Is the bakflip lockable? Is this something that can be installed by the owner of did you have a shop do it?

Had a bakflip VP? (i think). Easy to install, impossible to not get a little water in especially in downpour. Even with the drain tubes they supply. They dont have locks. Buy a Pop&lock tailgate handle locker and you’re set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, BearSchlong said:

Congratulations.

Ok, let's talk bicycle transport. Bed mounted fork mount/lock, or hitch mounted rack?

You can go pretty low tech and cheap with a fork mount and some 2x4 in your bed.  Seems like a waste of resources having a hitch mounted rack on a pickup.

16 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

mountain or road? 

mountain.  lots of mountains down here in southeast texas :)

1 hour ago, Gene Parmesan said:

You can go pretty low tech and cheap with a fork mount and some 2x4 in your bed.  Seems like a waste of resources having a hitch mounted rack on a pickup.

true.

I use a Yakima like the one below. Clamps onto the side of the bed. My bedliner extends to cover the top of the bed as well, so it's not touching paint. My new bike has a 15mm front axle, so I had to buy an adapter that clamps to the mount and lets you run a 15mm fork.

.1aef2f6b-9f8c-4f18-a18e-c8b3162c0884?siz

adaptor

3697f93a-b201-4eb3-b819-1a859129996d?siz

I used to have a fork mount and hated it.  Even with a quick release, taking off and re-attaching the front wheel becomes a pain in the ass.  I moved from that to a PVC homebuilt contraption that I loved.  But then I installed a roll-n-loc bedcover and now the bike won't fit with that rack because the roll-up cannister stole 6 inches of bedspace.  So now I roll with a tailgate pad over a bed extender.  I leave it in full-time.  I run a cable lock across the bed and through the frame triangle from two bed tie-downs.  It's not secure enough to leave anywhere for a long time but it's enough to let me run inside a convenience store pre or post-ride.  The extender folds away with the pad on it and it's all hidden under the bedcover when I don't need it. 

I'm happiest with my current system.

0_A9_D7_E03_000_B_4_A49_BF91_21447_C5_CB

599_AF454_2711_405_B_933_E_B2899232_CCE7

F524_D246_D56_E_420_B_A46_A_38_F16_FFE45

C932052_E_341_B_4_E31_8905_1490858694_A9

My old system was something like this and it was great for convenience until I decided I wanted a bedcover.

ebc9c5b23e2eefff77c7c597e28c5c0a.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/31/2018 at 11:06 AM, ChickenSandwich said:

new truck-based SUV day...shout out to Toyota Country

2e67e6v.jpg

xavtk8.jpg

mjxp5k.jpg

Rear ended by yellow cab doing 45. Never hit the brakes. Lift saved the dog’s life. Went under the back. Cab totaled. 

Fuck you Ann Kitchen. Theses fucks shouldn’t be on the road. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich

3 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Rear ended by yellow cab doing 45. Never hit the brakes. Lift saved the dog’s life. Went under the back. Cab totaled. 

Fuck you Ann Kitchen. Theses fucks shouldn’t be on the road. 

That sucks. Glad the pooch is OK. Estimate on your 4runner?

• Like 1

On 7/9/2018 at 9:04 AM, Bert Orange said:

Just got the call from the dealer that my new Ram 1500 is in and getting sale prepped off the truck. Can’t wait. Will take pics soon as I can pick it up. 

1 hour ago, Bert Orange said:

New truck day (hoping I’m not rear ended by a yellow cab soon)

fe9f4874174fe7fa59fea7015aa8a263.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surly 1% representin’ with 2 new half ton trucks in less than one month?

Edited by solamente73
Need pics of Ram

Hidden Falls last weekend

1o9bsw.jpg

33pbhj8.jpg

2z7n092.png

16a63c7.png

kczcoz.png

1zbyute.jpg

o5at5j.jpg

2dk0j1x.jpg

both air bags, totaled cab

props to the fireman who brought me my black longhorn emblem and mudflap

* I was stopped for a good 30 seconds right in front of the red explorer, notice the absence of skid marks, no brakes.  God bless Toyota

Edited by ChickenSandwich

18 minutes ago, solamente73 said:

Surly 1% representin’ with 2 new half ton trucks in less than one month?

Ha. Long story short, wrong options ordered on my Ram. Correct option (ram box) is backordered with zero visibility to delivery. I simply got tired of waiting. 

13 minutes ago, Bert Orange said:

Ha. Long story short, wrong options ordered on my Ram. Correct option (ram box) is backordered with zero visibility to delivery. I simply got tired of waiting. 

At least now you don’t have to drive a dodge, seems they did you a favor... #joking

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

2200 Miles. So what’s the process of decreased value claims?  Less than 60 days old. Seems a prime candidate. Anyone with experience?

Are you in TX? Someone hit my brand new truck a couple years ago in Houston and I submitted a DV claim to their insurance. Their initial offer was $500 and after a few rounds of haggling it went up to like $900. It was super frustrating and it seemed like the only way to get a decent settlement was to hire an appraiser who specializes in DV claims, and then sue in small claims court. 

Sorry that this happened to you...hopefully your 4runner is totaled out. I wouldn't want to keep driving that and the trade in value is boned after a wreck like that. 

Hidden Falls last weekend

1o9bsw.jpg

33pbhj8.jpg

2z7n092.png

16a63c7.png

kczcoz.png

1zbyute.jpg

o5at5j.jpg

2dk0j1x.jpg

both air bags, totaled cab

props to the fireman who brought me my black longhorn emblem and mudflap

* I was stopped for a good 30 seconds right in front of the red explorer, notice the absence of skid marks, no brakes.  God bless Toyota

Thank god that guy was fingerprint background checked or he might be a real threat to public safety.

• Like 1

Stolen car ran off the road last night and caught my rear wheel.

Car ended up on its side. My truck ended up here about 15’ from where it was parked.

Expecting the “totaled” verdict tomorrow.

Really liked the GMC, SLT trim. 2014 model I’ve had close to 4 years.

What should I look at now and best time to attempt to buy if I can hold out for a bit?

987a96d41484ee288d7f2fa3b9edf848.jpg

For context, was parked with the front passenger wheel just this side of the sidewalk in line where the top of that street sign is laid down :

fa4f7c2ae04b097f7da900838e528426.jpg

• Like 1