Xbox

hornfan785

Figured I'd start an Xbox thread since no one has yet.

Looks like they'll be announcing some new accessories at Gamescom next month. I'm hoping that means the long speculated Elite Controller 2.0 will finally be announced.

Xbox Live Gold is currently on sale for $39.99/year. That's the cheapest I've seen it, especially directly from Microsoft.

The Ultimate Game Sale that Microsoft does every summer starts tomorrow.

Random game recommendation: Yoku's Island Express. If you like metroidvania games and you like pinball, this is the game for you (launch trailer)! Great art style, cute characters, not that challenging of a game, but I had a lot of fun with it. I've been taking a break from the FPS games I constantly played for years and have really been enjoying the more relaxing indie games lately. I bought Celeste a while back and really want to start playing that. I've gone back and played Forza Horizon 3 a bit more as well. What games are y'all playing these days?

Edited by hornfan785

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I'm really looking forward to Halo Infinite. I'm loving the older look of the armor, the shield regen sound, and the music. Lots of nostalgia!

Elite Controller Series 2 coming in November. Steep price tag at $180, but I'll probably end up getting it. The first Elite Controller is my favorite controller and I still use it every day. My left grip has peeled off completely, and I've heard that a lot of people have had problems with the bumpers breaking, so I'm glad they're improving the build quality of these things. If I get it, I'll definitely be getting the extended warranty from Best Buy so I can just get it replaced if something does go wrong with it.

I'm really intrigued by xCloud. Being able to play all my Xbox games on my phone or tablet while someone else is using the TV, or maybe playing at work while I'm taking a break, or using it while I'm traveling... it'll be pretty awesome if it works as advertised.

• 4 months later...

I'm in the Preview Alpha program and they just released XCloud Console Streaming for us to test. I gotta say, it's pretty awesome. Currently using my phone and a bluetooth Xbox Controller to basically control my home xbox over WiFi. I can play any Xbox One game (no backwards compatible games) and launch any app I want. The streaming quality is great (obviously dependent on your home network as well as whatever network you have your phone on). It works on wifi as well as mobile networks. I'd say it would be perfect to play single-player story driven games or racing games. Online shooters, not so much. It runs REALLY well, better than I thought it would, but there's still a slight input delay; enough to be noticeable and to put you at a major disadvantage.

I've tried the regular XCloud as well and it runs basically the same. There's only 4 games available to test for that, and I gave Halo 5 a try. Like the console streaming, it works great, but there's still a little bit of lag and my accuracy and k/d were way worse then usual.

• 2 weeks later...

I am considering to get an Xbox this Christmas to let my son play lego games with me on. I am a proud member of the PC master race, but I thin this might be the best starter system. Essentially I am terrified of letting him play on the desktop because that is also where I do my research from home.

So what are the best kid friendly Xbox games you guys recommend and anybody what bundles/setup should I be looking at?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, I wanted to get a Series X, but there doesn't seem to be a single reason that matters to me. I just don't understand how Microsoft dropped the ball this much.

They should have delayed Gears Tactics or Flight Simulator to at least a simultaneous launch on Series X to have something. As of now, if you don't like horror (The Medium and Scorn), there's really not a point to buy one at launch. 

I haven't owned a Playstation since the PS2 days, but I'm tempted to buy one at launch now as at least they have something as well as a backlog that I haven't touched. Just really, really disappointed in this news.

Same, this is kind of my thinking. I'm a Gamepass Ultimate subscriber, so I really don't know what the Xbox gains me immediately now, and I 'm pretty sure I've been on record saying I prefer the Xbox over Playstation. So it's kind of disappointing. 

Edited by MillerEP

• 4 weeks later...

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/09/09/xbox-series-x-and-xbox-series-s-launching-november-10/

• Xbox Series S - $299
  • Xbox Series X - $499
  • Launching November 10, preorders start September 22
  • EA Play (formerly EA Access) is going to be included in Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for Console and PC
  • Series S is aiming to provide the same frame rates as the Series X, just at 1440p instead of 4k like the Series X.

Whether you’re upgrading to the newest consoles or joining the Xbox family for the first time, Xbox All Access is the easiest way to get the best of Xbox. Xbox All Access provides an Xbox Series X, or Series S, along with 24 months of the full Xbox Game Pass Ultimate experience. In total, that means you get access to:

• The next-generation Xbox console of your choice
  • Over 100 high-quality games to play on console, including next-gen Optimized games
  • Over 100 high-quality games to play on PC
  • An EA Play membership to play more than 60 of EA’s biggest and best console and PC games
  • And over 100 games to play from the cloud

That’s all with no upfront costs and a low monthly price. Xbox Series S will be available starting from $24.99 a month for 24 months and Xbox Series X will be available starting from $34.99 a month for 24 months.

• 1 month later...
On 10/13/2020 at 12:12 PM, Dutch said:

For those (probably few) of us who still play the heck out of 360 games, this is a nice feature.  I sat out XBOne but was strongly considering picking up a Series X even before this announcement. 

https://www.engadget.com/xbox-360-free-cloud-transfers-xbox-series-x-series-s-162539454.html

The ability to play old games is what sold me on the XBox One X and will push me towards a Series X. I can't see myself every buying a PS console again. Microsoft won me over.