Who is America -- Sacha Baron Cohen / Showtime

SizzleChest

3 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

Can't decide which character is my favorite. The makeup is incredible but the Israeli lunatic is probably the most disturbing. 

Yeah Israeli Frankenstein was so over the top (makeup and content) I’m surprised he got anywhere. Toward the end, getting the gun lobbyist to use the words “Blink 182” and “Wiz Khalifa” in describing the Kinderguardians program made me legit lulz. 

Bernie Sanders is the only one who came off looking sane in that whole show. Oh god I’m bad teammate. 

I loved Ali G/Borat/Bruno on the original show he did. Just hysterical. Read a mixed review on this and watched a clip of him as the former Mossad agent. I'll give it a shot, though. Was going to cancel Showtime but will wait on that now.

I thought Ali G was great, and I loved some of Borat. But the fact that he lies to get the meetings is kind of off-putting to me. I’ll check it out though.

I heard on the radio that he actually buries the true intent of the show deep into the contract language far past where people stop reading. That’s how he gets permission to air his pranks. Dunno if that’s true or not.

2 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

I thought Ali G was great, and I loved some of Borat. But the fact that he lies to get the meetings is kind of off-putting to me. I’ll check it out though.

I heard on the radio that he actually buries the true intent of the show deep into the contract language far past where people stop reading. That’s how he gets permission to air his pranks. Dunno if that’s true or not.

None of that matters. What is beautiful is when one of his characters asks a totally ridiculous question and the guy he’s interviewing plays along. There is nothing saying they can’t stop it right there. But the idiots don’t. And he airs it. 

I’ll admit a lot of this drags but a lot of it is funny. Getting Bernie Sanders and Trent Lott and others to engage is funny. The last half of the show, mainly the Israeli Mossad guy, is hysterical. 

4 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

If a person is so out of touch that they don't sniff him out from a mile away, they kind of deserve whatever happens.

He tried to pull one of his stunts at a gun store in California, the owner called him out and he fled leaving his production crew at the store. His brand of humor doesn't appeal to me, borat and ali g were stupid IMO but he married isla fisher and shes smoke so hes got that going for him

• Like 1

It's deeply disturbing that the people on that show have legislative and otherwise influential power.

The Georgia legislator that they showed is an absolute assbag, and if he’s drummed out of politics as a result of this then good riddance. There’s a reason SBC picked him.
  • Like 1

On 7/19/2018 at 10:25 PM, qwertyu1234 said:

Would dumb/pretentious art chick who gave the cohen's character some of her pubes.

She seems fun.

She is Austin native Christy Cones

So you never felt manipulated to cut off your pubic hair?

They cut it so you don’t get the full story there, but I wouldn’t say I was manipulated. And even if I were, I think a person can be manipulated and at the same time have free will. The two aren’t necessarily mutually exclusive. I hope that doesn’t sound profound or anything. I really believe it. I definitely wanted to be entertaining and I know that was an obeying moment. The important thing is, in my perspective, everything is fair game for art. Especially when you live in a time period like we live in.

The Georgia legislator that they showed is an absolute assbag, and if he’s drummed out of politics as a result of this then good riddance. There’s a reason SBC picked him.

Good news, dipshit is resigning:

https://politics.myajc.com/news/state--regional-govt--politics/breaking-lawmaker-who-used-racial-slurs-show-resigns/PZeFXPfA9xo98b62amubzN/

Gotta give SBC some credit for that.
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, shakahorn said:

The funniest part of that GA legislator was not so much the n-word but asking him to act like a Chinese tourist. ‘Sushi, Ho Chi Minh City” and whatever other random Asian words he threw out.

Ho Lee Fuk! Sum Tings Wong with that guy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Looks like another season is in production. This article gives a good look at how creative and ruthless the producers are to make sure they are able to expose idiocy while covering their own asses legally. Hiring their own security to prevent anyone from stopping the bit prematurely. Similar to the deceptive but legal contracts the dumbass targets signed in season 1.

• Like 1