Gary Johnson hates QBs and RBs

Machinator

Gary is a beast and plays with a nasty attitude.  He’s also entering the NFL during a period where speed at LB is a huge plus.  The air raid will completely evolve the NFL.  Johnson is more likely to see the field than your traditional 6’2, 255lb linebacker.  

Edited by victory88

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, CooterBrown said:

3 baby mamas? He’s gonna be on food stamps while all his fuck buddies collect a nice NFL paycheck.

Not as long as he's in Texas for purposes of child support calculations - and he should just submit to jurisdiction now to establish his child support.

Net resources for calculating child support is set at $8,550 per month (that means that the most they can use to calculate child support, even if you make 10 times that amount). The child support cap is $1,710 per child for a single child with each mother (and could potentially be less if he is able to argue that instead of pay 20% of $8,550 per child he should only pay 15% because he has 2 other kids to support with 2 other women).

So even with three kids with three women, he's looking at a max amount of child support of $5,130 per month. That's not chump change by an means, but assuming he is drafted and makes league minimum (which is $495,000 for a rookie in 2019 and $510,00 for a rookie in 2020), he won't be on food stamps. His gross income (averaged over 12 months) would be $41,250 per month and his net resources would be about $30K. So paying $5,130 per month would still leave him about @$25K of monthly net income. 

Once he's out of the league, if he doesn't save his money, he'll be in a different boat - but even then, the most he can ever have withheld from his paycheck in child support is 50% of his monthly net income, no matter how many kids he has. 

Lesson of this story - paying child support in Texas is beneficial to high earners. 

• Like 2

Not as long as he's in Texas for purposes of child support calculations - and he should just submit to jurisdiction now to establish his child support.
Net resources for calculating child support is set at $8,550 per month (that means that the most they can use to calculate child support, even if you make 10 times that amount). The child support cap is $1,710 per child for a single child with each mother (and could potentially be less if he is able to argue that instead of pay 20% of $8,550 per child he should only pay 15% because he has 2 other kids to support with 2 other women).
So even with three kids with three women, he's looking at a max amount of child support of $5,130 per month. That's not chump change by an means, but assuming he is drafted and makes league minimum (which is $495,000 for a rookie in 2019 and $510,00 for a rookie in 2020), he won't be on food stamps. His gross income (averaged over 12 months) would be $41,250 per month and his net resources would be about $30K. So paying $5,130 per month would still leave him about @$25K of monthly net income. 
Once he's out of the league, if he doesn't save his money, he'll be in a different boat - but even then, the most he can ever have withheld from his paycheck in child support is 50% of his monthly net income, no matter how many kids he has. 
Lesson of this story - paying child support in Texas is beneficial to high earners. 

Based on his previous body of work, I’m betting against good decisions.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, hornian said:

This is not accurate.  The chart the courts work off stops at 8550/month, if you make more than that its up to the judge.  If you are making like 10K a month, they probably wont go off the chart.  But people making 250K+ or so a year definitely pay more than $1710 for one kid.  Also, all of those chart limits change every three years as they adjust for cost of living/inflation/whatever.

Being a child support paying dad in Texas is bad.  About the only state with a more archaic family law system is Louisiana.  Once every three years the AGs office will helpfully sue the obligor for more support at the request of the obligee if your income has changed beyond a very small threshold.  If the child is on any kind of state or federal welfare program, the AG does this automatically every three years.

Source: I pay child support in Texas.

13 minutes ago, hornian said:

Ok, I’ll take your word for it since you pay child support.

Even though I’m a family law attorney in Texas and over the last ten years my office has been involved with thousands of child support orders, all in Texas. 

And even though I’ve personally represented dozens of child support obligors who make several hundreds of thousands of dollars per year and the court has never gone over the cap in any of those cases.

And even though the family code says to go over the cap you have to prove the child has needs beyond the cap, which is generally not done absent proven medical needs or specialized schooling. 

But you’re right, I don’t know what I’m talking about. 

I’m glad you know when to take a loss. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hozz said:

This is not accurate.  The chart the courts work off stops at 8550/month, if you make more than that its up to the judge.  If you are making like 10K a month, they probably wont go off the chart.  But people making 250K+ or so a year definitely pay more than $1710 for one kid.  Also, all of those chart limits change every three years as they adjust for cost of living/inflation/whatever.

Being a child support paying dad in Texas is bad.  About the only state with a more archaic family law system is Louisiana.  Once every three years the AGs office will helpfully sue the obligor for more support at the request of the obligee if your income has changed beyond a very small threshold.  If the child is on any kind of state or federal welfare program, the AG does this automatically every three years.

Source: I pay child support in Texas.

Sounds like you ☝️ need to hire him 👇

4 hours ago, hornian said:

Ok, I’ll take your word for it since you pay child support.

Even though I’m a family law attorney in Texas and over the last ten years my office has been involved with thousands of child support orders, all in Texas. 

And even though I’ve personally represented dozens of child support obligors who make several hundreds of thousands of dollars per year and the court has never gone over the cap in any of those cases.

And even though the family code says to go over the cap you have to prove the child has needs beyond the cap, which is generally not done absent proven medical needs or specialized schooling. 

But you’re right, I don’t know what I’m talking about. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Based on his previous body of work, I’m betting against good decisions.

Man I want all Longhorns to go onto successful careers, make some money, live within their means and not be broken 2 years after the NFL spits them out.  Supporting a bunch of kids and baby mommas ain’t a good start.  Just wait until the real gold diggers, ultra premium NFL trim and eventually ex-wives gets their hooks in him.   Combined with his hatred of condoms and this kid is gonna be in a world of hurt.  Hope that doesn’t sound too pessimistic  

Edited by Lhorn
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Machinator changed the title to Gary Johnson hates QBs and RBs