Snowfall

NWBuck

This series has all the ingredients of a show I should be in love with, but season 1 missed the mark with me. There wasn't enough story/character building  to meet my needs. That being said,  I actually think this season has a chance to be somewhat compelling with all of the pieces finally coming in contact with one another. I'm hopeful anyways. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn

• 1 month later...

Yes it did for sure.  Jesus that scene was tense as hell when Teddy's brother was talking to the cops while coked up out of his mind.  I had to cover my face it was so awkward.  But Franklin is quickly realizing he got into a World he had no clue about and from the preview is about to get worse for him next week in jail.  Only one episode left and there is a lot going on.

Agreed this season was strong.  I think just those few days in jail changed Franklin.  He seems to realize that violence is part of the business he's in and being the nice guy got him nowhere.  His realizing that Teddy is most likely a Fed and that seeming to not phase him is where I see next season going.  Now the question is does he let Teddy that he knows and doesn't care because he likes the protection that Teddy brings?  Oh and the finale was directed by John Singleton I noticed and seemed like one of the more dramatic episodes and was shot wonderfully.

1 minute ago, Sparky said:

Agreed this season was strong.  I think just those few days in jail changed Franklin.  He seems to realize that violence is part of the business he's in and being the nice guy got him nowhere.  His realizing that Teddy is most likely a Fed and that seeming to not phase him is where I see next season going.  Now the question is does he let Teddy that he knows and doesn't care because he likes the protection that Teddy brings?  Oh and the finale was directed by John Singleton I noticed and seemed like one of the more dramatic episodes and was shot wonderfully.

I’m thinking he lets Teddy know. Maybe not straight up, but hints at it. I think he just wants there to be a mutual respect and understanding. After all, even if he is working for Teddy like he said at the end, he could blow the whole thing up in the press (which kind of happened in the 90s with that journalist that allegedly committed suicide). 

• 2 months later...

We lost track of this show after an episode or two this season and just binged the rest of it over the past week or two. 

This was a really well-done show. Some of the characters were a little one-dimensional, and some of the acting was a little wooden, but overall, what a great ride.

I'm curious where it goes next season. I'm certainly not complaining that we get more, but I think it would have been just fine to end it here. 

• 7 months later...

I thought it could have used an even longer "previously on...." recap, but I suppose it will all make sense in the end. I couldn't remember the storyline between the lesbian club owner and Uncle Moron Stereo Store's girlfriend. 

There's still some pretty bad acting (DEA lady, Uncle Moron, and others) but I am still looking forward to this. 

The relationship between the club owner and her was a big throw back to season one, I don't recall much of her in season two.  I remember them hooking up but I forget if the club owner had any dirt on her to justify her possibly murdering her.  At least it seemed she was going to jab that heroine in her to kill her.  I thought it was good but it seems they all made such a dramatic shift to hard core gangsters.  Point when they just shoot the two guys who were trying to rob them.  

Edited by Sparky

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2019 at 8:47 AM, Sparky said:

The relationship between the club owner and her was a big throw back to season one, I don't recall much of her in season two.  I remember them hooking up but I forget if the club owner had any dirt on her to justify her possibly murdering her.  At least it seemed she was going to jab that heroine in her to kill her.  I thought it was good but it seems they all made such a dramatic shift to hard core gangsters.  Point when they just shoot the two guys who were trying to rob them.  

They got in a huge fight at the end of season 2, which is why Auntie got back with Jerome. This caused Claudia to trash Jerome's store, which lead to Auntie killing her.

More importantly, the cliffhanger after episode 3 is a killer.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We just finished. I liked the "infinite universes" angle while we're left to wonder if it's Franklin in the afterlife, if it's him on the operating room table, or some other plot device, but I wish it wasn't quite so long as to preempt the actual resolution of the season. 

Seemed reckless and foolish for Franklin to use Neighbor Cop's gun to stage his suicide. Was the expectation that the rest of the police department would then just assume that he fabricated the whole "the lady who took my gun wasn't a hooker" story? 

And the passage of time was unclear throughout the season - seemed like certain storylines were taking (or should have taken) weeks or months - Hot Neighbor Girl took what, 12 hours to become an abject crack whore? And then the dad put up with it for what seemed like a long time in the "cracked out in the bedroom and slowly pawning off all my shit" montage, but then they're still talking about how there's still time for her to get to school? And don't get me started about how long it should take El Oso and the lady in the skirt to dig a tunnel to Mexico. 

I enjoyed the ride, but felt like a few of the details and the writing got a little sloppy - sort of the GoT effect. 

I've appreciated Reed's transformation into a cool operator just as much as Franklin's evolution into a gangster. I think the parallel lives aspect of the show is a cool mirror to the infinite universe detour of the finale. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I hated the CIA and the wrestler story lines. Wanted more Franklin and family. The first five episodes were a drag for me.

Wrestler, ok.

But CIA? That is a great story that people have been talking about for years. Seems like only in the past 5 or so that people now understand that it is true. Not saying it went down like the show depicts, but yeah.

Wrestler, ok.

But CIA? That is a great story that people have been talking about for years. Seems like only in the past 5 or so that people now understand that it is true. Not saying it went down like the show depicts, but yeah.
Let me rephrase. The CIA story line doesn't suck, I've just seen and heard it too many times before. Franklin's story is more exciting and akin to Breaking Bad, which is one of my goats.

• 3 weeks later...
It's a damn shame more people don't watch this show. Pretty fucking good, and the British actor playing Franklin is talented as fuck. America's getting their ass kicked in acting wtf.

I'm not watching that. Interviews nearly killed band of brothers and the wire for me.
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...