My new favorite subreddit

GSU&UT

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/4/2020 at 10:54 PM, CDAK said:

That's me.  I wash face, hands, scalp, armpits, crotch, and ass.  I feel like everything else just needs rinsed.  I don't actively wash arms, torso, back, legs, feet, etc.

On 5/5/2020 at 6:10 AM, Jkwellborn said:

You’re a dirty bastard. Soap and water is cheap.

On 5/5/2020 at 11:26 AM, Grade of D as in David said:

Are you a French whore?

On 5/10/2020 at 9:17 AM, Fudge Nuggets said:

Stank ass mofo.

Hey assholes, you're unsurprisingly wrong.

The men are itchy. Skotnicki studied microbiology before becoming an assistant professor of dermatology at the University of Toronto. She has been practicing for 23 years, always with an eye to how the environment—including the microbial one on our skin—affects health. “I say to them, ‘How do you shower?’ ” she told me. “They take the squeegee thing and wash their whole body with some sort of men’s body wash. They’re showering twice a day because they’re working out. As soon as I get them to stop doing that and just wash their bits, they’re totally fine.”

“Bits would be underarms, groin, feet,” she said. “So when you’re in the shower or the bath, do you need to wash here?” She pointed to her forearm. “No.” Even water alone, especially hot water, slowly strips away the oils in the outer layers of skin that help preserve moisture—and the drier and more porous someone’s skin, the more susceptible it is to irritants and allergens.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/07/hygiene-is-overrated/612235/

Hey assholes, you're unsurprisingly wrong.
The men are itchy. Skotnicki studied microbiology before becoming an assistant professor of dermatology at the University of Toronto. She has been practicing for 23 years, always with an eye to how the environment—including the microbial one on our skin—affects health. “I say to them, ‘How do you shower?’ ” she told me. “They take the squeegee thing and wash their whole body with some sort of men’s body wash. They’re showering twice a day because they’re working out. As soon as I get them to stop doing that and just wash their bits, they’re totally fine.”
“Bits would be underarms, groin, feet,” she said. “So when you’re in the shower or the bath, do you need to wash here?” She pointed to her forearm. “No.” Even water alone, especially hot water, slowly strips away the oils in the outer layers of skin that help preserve moisture—and the drier and more porous someone’s skin, the more susceptible it is to irritants and allergens.
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/07/hygiene-is-overrated/612235/

If you’re itchy, you might wanna get that checked out. The only time I’m itchy is if I’ve been out mowing and stirring up a bunch of dust.

• 2 weeks later...