Listen up, cocksucker

Gil Bang

• 3 months later...

As RPM reminds us, get the peaches ready.  ItsHappening.gif

https://deadline.com/2018/11/deadwood-movie-begins-production-hbo-david-milch-1202496154/

Looks like they were able to get pretty much everyone back... except two of my favorites.

Interesting Powers Boothe trivia:

His body was buried in Deadwood Cemetery in rural Deadwood, located in Panola County east of Carthage in east Texas.

Also, Richardson is no longer with us. Interesting story there too:

Ralph Richeson (July 6, 1952 – October 27, 2015) was an American actor and painter best known for his role of Richardson, the fictional Grand Central Hotel's disheveled, eccentric cook on the HBO television series, Deadwood.[1][2][3] Richeson was originally an extra on Deadwood, before the show's producer, David Milch, noticed him and gave him one line, which became Richeson's first onscreen credit.[1] This led to Richeson's recurring role as the cook in 20 episodes of Deadwood.

I hope EB was there to give the eulogy. 

So many great characters and actors.  I see parallels to Seinfeld in that you have one actor (Jerry / Seth) holding things together while the rest of the characters do their thing.

I think there's a thread here talking about not recognizing actors/actresses in roles.  Robin Weigert (Jane Cannery) would be an excellent example of looking radically different in and out of character.

Calamity-Jane-deadwood-38763453-500-250.images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTB7Jgtkza9xBHsX9S0umX

Edited by BadgerHorn
spelling

• 3 weeks later...

A running plot line in Deadwood always vividly reminded me of Mel's great line in "Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore":

Vera, the neurotic mouse of a waitress, was nowhere to be found.  Diners were asking for her over and over and when Mel had heard "Where's Vera?" one time too many, he came barging out of the kitchen waving his spatula and yelled, "She went to shit and the hogs ate her!"

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/28/2018 at 8:31 PM, Bama Llama said:

"She went to shit and the hogs ate her!"

Awesome trivia.  My grandpa, who passed ~20 years ago, used to say this all the time and I never knew where it came from.  He had hundreds of sayings like this and I figured he picked most of them up in the navy during WW2 (Sea Bee in the pacific).  

4 hours ago, Druggist said:

Awesome trivia.  My grandpa, who passed ~20 years ago, used to say this all the time and I never knew where it came from.  He had hundreds of sayings like this and I figured he picked most of them up in the navy during WW2 (Sea Bee in the pacific).  

That jibes because the diner owner/cook Mel (Vic Tayback) was I believe portraying a former Navy cook.

• 3 months later...

The cocksuckers better have a fucking tribute to Richardson or measures will have to be taken. Cy Tolliver, too.

And no God damned unauthorized cinnamon!

Edited by RPM
Holy shit I just found out Jewel was on Facts of Life

24 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

So I have never seen any of this show. Should I start it? I watched Justified cause of you assholes and it was solid. So I think I am gonna try to go 2/2

Absolutely.  But, this isn't a show that's an "easy" watch.  The dialogue moves pretty quickly, and I found that I really needed to pay closer attention to this show than I usually do.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm late to the game on this show. Just now seeing it for the 1st time and just started the 2nd season.

The only thing I would have suggested to enhance the show would be to incorporate the word "FUCK" more. They don't seem to use that enough.

Really enjoying, though.

On 4/6/2019 at 1:11 PM, Turkleton said:

I'm late to the game on this show. Just now seeing it for the 1st time and just started the 2nd season.

The only thing I would have suggested to enhance the show would be to incorporate the word "FUCK" more. They don't seem to use that enough.

Really enjoying, though.

I'm making my wife watch it so that she understands the movie when it comes out.

She almost tapped out after the first episode. Damn, I forgot how gory S1E1 was. But she stuck it out.

Now she's sad (spoiler, but not going to hide it because it's historical and because the show is a decade old) Wild Bill got shot in Episode 4.

9 minutes ago, F250 said:

My favorite Farnum quote to Richardson. It was such a shitty thing to say but fucking hilarious.

“Could you have been born, Richardson? And not egg-hatched as I’ve always assumed.”

My favorite Farnum quote:

"August commencement to my administration, standing stymied outside a saloon next to a degenerate tit-licker."

Edited by Kel Varnsen
  • Like 2