Listen up, cocksucker

Gil Bang

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2019 at 10:23 AM, hornian said:

I'm making my wife watch it so that she understands the movie when it comes out.

She almost tapped out after the first episode. Damn, I forgot how gory S1E1 was. But she stuck it out.

Now she's sad (spoiler, but not going to hide it because it's historical and because the show is a decade old) Wild Bill got shot in Episode 4.

But not before he got his "cunt/mouth" comments in.

Here I am, thinkin' I'm fuckin' bluffin' the third eight, and I mistakenly outdraw the greatest gunfighter in the world.

Meanin' the third eight?

What?

Sayin' you outdrew me. You meant the third eight.

Well, what else would I have meant?

Say it.

Buddy of mine back in Austin just discovered Deadwood, has been on a binge the last week.  Perfect show for him, as he's pure redneck from Pampa, Tx.

So I'm getting texts every day with Hang Dai and Cocksucker!, etc, as well as every time Al fires off a great line.

One of my favorite lines is one that I always wondered if McShane might've ad libbed.

As Jewel is headed up the stairs, Al watches for a moment, then quips, "Every step a fucking adventure."

Edited by Augustus
  • Like 1

Started from season 1 episode 1 last weekend.  Finished season 3 episode 12 this weekend.  Never gets old, and the number of players in this show who went on to other memorable roles is phenomenal.

You ever had Nebraska pussy?
Not to my knowledge, Mr. Tolliver.
Eddie Sawyer, get in here! True or not, Eddie, when a man wets his end in Nebraska pussy, his life is changed forever.
Speaking only for myself, I still mark the anniversary.
Well, point me in the right direction.
You hear that, Eddie? Boy's got a healthy attitude. 

On 5/11/2019 at 12:59 PM, Augustus said:

Buddy of mine back in Austin just discovered Deadwood, has been on a binge the last week.  Perfect show for him, as he's pure redneck from Pampa, Tx.

So I'm getting texts every day with Hang Dai and Cocksucker!, etc, as well as every time Al fires off a great line.

One of my favorite lines is one that I always wondered if McShane might've ad libbed.

As Jewel is headed up the stairs, Al watches for a moment, then quips, "Every step a fucking adventure."

I was surprised by the scene when the newspaper editor gets his office wrecked, and Al ends up slapping him and delivering a lecture along the line of life's just one kick in the balls after another, better get used to it.  

I thought, "That old bastard does have a heart after all."  And then I remember when those folks got killed and he said, "God bless their souls, and pussy's half-price for the next 15 minutes."  And I appreciate him even more.

Been watching the past week and just started season 2. I do find that subtitles or headphones help as the dialogue can get pretty thick but the writing is some of the best ever for TV. Some of the monologues are fucking phenomenal - glad I could find this scene because it was the one I was thinking of and it's an absolute masterclass

Esp from 1:36 on starting with "The place where I found you"

Edited by ztejas

3 hours ago, ztejas said:

Been watching the past week and just started season 2. I do find that subtitles or headphones help as the dialogue can get pretty thick but the writing is some of the best ever for TV. Some of the monologues are fucking phenomenal - glad I could find this scene because it was the one I was thinking of and it's an absolute masterclass

Esp from 1:36 on starting with "The place where I found you"

Count the "Fucks" in this. You will miss one or two.

6 hours ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Just watched the episode where Al tries to pass his stone. I'll be hugging my penis a little tighter tonight and telling him how much I love him.

If that scene doesn't make you cringe, nothing will.

7 hours ago, RPM said:

If that scene doesn't make you cringe, nothing will.

Dead heat between this scene and the fight between Hearst's Captain and Al's compadre Dan Dority.  That eyeball extraction and subsequent beating still is hard to watch.

1 minute ago, pch said:

Dead heat between this scene and the fight between Hearst's Captain and Al's compadre Dan Dority.  That eyeball extraction and subsequent beating still is hard to watch.

Good call, but I think this one is more grueling. You're rooting for Dan to fuck up The Captain. You're hoping Dority kills him bare handed. 

Poor cocksucker Al is just trying to take a piss.

19 hours ago, RPM said:

Good call, but I think this one is more grueling. You're rooting for Dan to fuck up The Captain. You're hoping Dority kills him bare handed. 

Poor cocksucker Al is just trying to take a piss.

That battle between the Captain and Dority reminded me of Saturday Night Wrestling where the good guy was all but doomed and dead only to rise from the mat and rally against the evil competitor.  Having passed a stone last year after the OU game, I am inclined to agree with you in terms of grueling based on what I hope is my one and only experience.

2 minutes ago, pch said:

That battle between the Captain and Dority reminded me of Saturday Night Wrestling where the good guy was all but doomed and dead only to rise from the mat and rally against the evil competitor. 

The original Iron Claw.

So many great lines. Those that doubt me suck cock by choice.

Jane: Maybe I will have a drink.

Joanie: What's your preference?

Jane: What ain't been previously swallowed.

Edited by RPM

Just watched. Loved it. Of course the original show is one of my all time favorites. If you liked it, you'll like the movie.

Only complaint is that they maybe tried to do a little too much. Yeah it's cool to bring literally everyone back, but what's the point if the character gets like 4 minutes of screen time?

2 hours ago, hornian said:

Really well done. A fitting end to the show. 

My only complaint was the flashbacks to the show, but I watched with a friend who never saw the show and she thought they worked well. 

As someone who did not have HBO, when the show was being aired originally, they helped fill in some backstory for me. I did not notice until halfway through S2, the re-airing of all episodes that happened this week, leading into the movie.

2 hours ago, SpiralOut said:

Goddamn, this is so good.  Wish Powers Boothe had lived to be here for it.  Only good thing to ever come out of Snyder, Texas. 

Yeah, really missed Powers. But I have to call a point of order. Walter Hales was from Snyder. You've never heard of him, but he was a great man.

3 hours ago, RPM said:

Yeah, really missed Powers. But I have to call a point of order. Walter Hales was from Snyder. You've never heard of him, but he was a great man.

I'm obligated by law to dislike anyone from Snyder since I'm originally from Sweetwater.  So no disrespect to Mr. Hales. 

On 5/31/2019 at 2:31 AM, RPM said:

Tonight's the night you hooplehead cocksuckers!

Hope Garret Dillahunt gets a role. He's the only person to play 2 characters. Might as well make it 3.

Not true. Dillahunt wasn’t the only person to play 2 characters. Dan Hildebrand (played the Unsullied’s slave master in GoT) played Tim Driscoll in the pilot and Shaughnessy in season 3.  I didn’t see him last night, which would make Dillahunt the leader with 3 characters. 

I liked it but the dialogue to me didn’t flow as smoothly as it did in the series. There were moments in the movie where Al was able to tap back into the magic. Maybe the series flows better because of multiple viewings and it’ll come together when I watch the movie several more times.

Great ending to one of the best shows ever written. I only wish it could have been maybe a 4 part mini season. But if it had to be feature length, I don't really know how they could have done better. 

That last scene with Trixie and Al. Damn. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kel Varnsen said:

I liked it but the dialogue to me didn’t flow as smoothly as it did in the series. There were moments in the movie where Al was able to tap back into the magic. Maybe the series flows better because of multiple viewings and it’ll come together when I watch the movie several more times.

i agree with this a little. there were a couple of exchanges, Bullock/Utter and Jane/Joanie primarily, that i had to back up and play again to make sure i 'got it'. 

surprisingly, i enjoyed the power shift... Al sickly right from the start and clearly not up to his legendary machinations level, while Bullock now had the authority of the feds behind him and driving the conflict to it's conclusion. 

when he was beating Hearst it was very reminiscent of the beating he administered to Alma's father. dude had some righteous anger issues.

yeah, it was really, really good.