The Simpsons

Sbbruin

I didn't see a thread, and surly search seems to be a bit better than shaggy aids search.  Anyway, like most, I stopped watching after Season 10.  But those first 10 seasons, and especially seasons 3-8, were genius beyond compare.  Some of my favs in no particular order:

A Fish Called Selma

A Streetcar Named Marge

Homer vs the 18th amendment

One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish

King Size Homer

and many others.

Just felt this needed its own thread.

• Like 4

Your list is so good.

Marge vs. the Monorail

Bart sells his soul

Radio Bart

Mr. Plow

I will admit at least 3x a week, any of the following get stuck in my head:

Monorail! Monorail! Monorail!!!!

Everybody in the U.S.A. hates their stupid neighbor

We put the spring in Springfield

That name again is Mr. Plow

I hate every ape I see, from chimpan-A to chimpan-Z

• Like 2

I have a 7 year old nephew.  He just got into a Simpsons.  Man, we watched so many classics when I visited him a few weeks ago.  It was a trip down memory lane.  

Those seasons still hold up.

The whole time I was basically saying, "Oh, we have to watch this one.  Then this one.  Oh, and this is a classic."

His favorite new song is "Whacking Day."

Any episode with Albert Brooks as Jacques the bowler instructor.

It's not quite breakfast, it's not quite lunch, but it comes with a slice of canteloupe at the end. You don't get completely what you would at breakfast, but you get a good meal.

Your fingers are so slender, so feminine. They are far too tapered for the ball you are using. You need something lighter, more delicate. Here, use my ball.

Edited by Texas St. Armadillos

Brother from Another Planet is pure gold.

"Hey Dad, remember when Tom had you in a headlock and you screamed "I'm a hemophiliac!" And when he let you go, you kicked him in the back?  Can you teach me how to do that?"

Homer:  "Sure, son.  First, you gotta shriek like a woman and keep sobbing until he turns away in disgust. That's when it's time to kick some back."

Also, my kids got into it a few years ago and my oldest has watched every episode.  Like many, I stopped watching regularly quite a few years ago, but I have to admit, even the recent seasons have some really good episodes.  Definitely on the Mt. Rushmore of animation.

The Mysterious Voyage of Homer

They say he carved it himself - from a bigger spoon.

Oh I admit it.  It's only two alarm, two and a half tops.  I just wanted to be a big man in front of the kids.

Daddy, are you going to jail?

His ears if we're lucky.

Edited by WBT
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, WBT said:

The Mysterious Voyage of Homer

They say he carved it himself - from a bigger spoon.

Oh I admit it.  It's only two alarm, two and a half tops.  I just wanted to be a big man in front of the kids.

Daddy, are you going to jail?

His ears if we're lucky.

“We’ll see son, we’ll see.....”

may be the funniest moment in simpsons history

Lots of great ones mentioned.  Don't think anyone has mentioned "Last Exit to Springfield" yet.

So great.

DENTAL PLAN.... Lisa needs braces... DENTAL PLAN.... Lisa needs braces... DENTAL PLAN... Lisa needs braces... DENTAL PLAN... Lisa needs braces... DENTAL PLAN....

hqdefault.jpg