Can we agree on the no Bulverism rule?

Bozo_Casanova

3 hours ago, Anastasis said:

I like @bolverk and don't know why you want to ban him already. 

I can totally understand why pale goth chicks and stabby witches with A cups aren't everyone's cup of tea, but why the hell you gotta call on my banning, Bozo?

Hell, fuck it.

Fatwa on all the playa clowns! You will rue the day, Bozo. I said it, RUE.THE.DAY.

3 minutes ago, bolverk said:

I can totally understand why pale goth chicks and stabby witches with A cups aren't everyone's cup of tea, but why the hell you gotta call on my banning, Bozo?

Hell, fuck it.

Fatwa on all the playa clowns! You will rue the day, Bozo. I said it, RUE.THE.DAY.

Rue the day?  Who talks like that?

• 4 years later...

Can we all agree Trickle Down (tax cuts for the rich) is a bullshit theory? 

https://academic.oup.com/ser/article/20/2/539/6500315?login=false

Abstract

The last 50 years has seen a dramatic decline in taxes on the rich across the advanced democracies. There is still fervent debate in both political and academic circles, however, about the economic consequences of this sweeping change in tax policy.

This article contributes to this debate by utilizing a newly constructed indicator of taxes on the rich to identify all instances of major tax reductions on the rich in 18 Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) countries between 1965 and 2015.

We then estimate the average effects of these major tax reforms on key macroeconomic aggregates.

We find tax cuts for the rich lead to higher income inequality in both the short- and medium-term. In contrast, such reforms do not have any significant effect on economic growth or unemployment.

Our results therefore provide strong evidence against the influential political–economic idea that tax cuts for the rich ‘trickle down’ to boost the wider economy.

13 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Agree??? Major lulz.

Half of us have always known Trickle Down was fucking bullshit. Its the single biggest contributor to the income/wealth inequality in this country, which is the biggest driving force behind all of the problems in this country. The rich get richer while everyone else gets fucking pissed and is looking for someone to blame. 

The other half of the country will be too busy sucking orange cock in anticipation of future tax cuts for the rich to bother reading your fancy words.

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, washparkhorn said:

https://academic.oup.com/ser/article/20/2/539/6500315?login=false

Abstract

The last 50 years has seen a dramatic decline in taxes on the rich across the advanced democracies. There is still fervent debate in both political and academic circles, however, about the economic consequences of this sweeping change in tax policy.

This article contributes to this debate by utilizing a newly constructed indicator of taxes on the rich to identify all instances of major tax reductions on the rich in 18 Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) countries between 1965 and 2015.

We then estimate the average effects of these major tax reforms on key macroeconomic aggregates.

We find tax cuts for the rich lead to higher income inequality in both the short- and medium-term. In contrast, such reforms do not have any significant effect on economic growth or unemployment.

Our results therefore provide strong evidence against the influential political–economic idea that tax cuts for the rich ‘trickle down’ to boost the wider economy.

So I see Duh Magazine has expanded from medicine to economics as well?

Medical Journal Duh - YouTube

3 hours ago, Blotto said:

The other half of the country will be too busy sucking orange cock in anticipation of future tax cuts for the rich to bother reading your fancy words.

Not that I disagree (because I agree with you), but this is an example of Bulverism. 

PPP was trickle down.  Art Laffer continues to speak at Chamber of Commerce meetings. Trump’s tax cuts for the wealthy were trickle down and remain on the books. 

Trickle down economics a big lie, fake news, bullshit. The data is clear. Anyone subscribing to supply-side economics from Reagan and Thatcher to Larry Kudlow and Trump are not heroes. They are/were bullshit artists making money for their rich donors.