Doc on a bike killed by a shooter on a bike in the Houston Med Center

clapclapclap

Take this with the worlds biggest grain of salt, but word in medical circles is this:

Supposedly one of his patients is a Lt. in one of mexicos bigger cartels and the feds were trying to get him to get his patient to come back in for a cardiac workup so they could nab him. 

Hilarious, and prolly bullshit, but fun scuttlebutt nonetheless. Only reason im posting this is because ive heard that similar story twice in two different facilities in two different areas of town (where no one at either facility would know each other).

3 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Take this with the worlds biggest grain of salt, but word in medical circles is this:

Supposedly one of his patients is a Lt. in one of mexicos bigger cartels and the feds were trying to get him to get his patient to come back in for a cardiac workup so they could nab him. 

Hilarious, and prolly bullshit, but fun scuttlebutt nonetheless. Only reason im posting this is because ive heard that similar story twice in two different facilities in two different areas of town (where no one at either facility would know each other).

Wouldn’t surprise me at all. 

Well, he is (was) a cardiologist.  What if he was investigating a new drug called Provasic and discovered it caused liver damage?  Well, the pharmaceutical company, Devlin MacGregor, has invested millions in this drug and is going to lose out on billions in profits if it turns out that the drug will be shelved because of the aforementioned liver damage discovered by this doctor.

So MacGregor hires a hit-man to take the cardiologist out so they can start selling the new wonder drug.  

I'm just trying to figure out how a one-armed hit man could possibly do this while riding a bicycle.  But give me time...I'll figure it out.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

Well, he is (was) a cardiologist.  What if he was investigating a new drug called Provasic and discovered it caused liver damage?  Well, the pharmaceutical company, Devlin MacGregor, has invested millions in this drug and is going to lose out on billions in profits if it turns out that the drug will be shelved because of the aforementioned liver damage discovered by this doctor.

So MacGregor hires a hit-man to take the cardiologist out so they can start selling the new wonder drug.  

I'm just trying to figure out how a one-armed hit man could possibly do this while riding a bicycle.  But give me time...I'll figure it out.

The Fugitive I Dont Care GIF

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Latest-images-released-of-suspect-wanted-in-13116743.php

Houston police have released new photo and video surveillance that show the man wanted in the slaying of Dr. Mark Hausknecht biking through an area neighborhood right after the death of the beloved physician.

The video, taken at 8:50 a.m., shows the suspect cycling along the side of a street, wearing a blue short-sleeved polo shirt, khaki ball cap and khaki shorts. He was carrying what police have called a large, “fully loaded” olive-green backpack.

The images are the latest in a series of surveillance photos and videos that police have released since the July 20 killing.

Hausknecht, a renowned cardiologist at Houston Methodist who once treated former President George H.W. Bush, was shot in broad daylight while riding his bike to work in the Texas Medical Center. Earlier images showed Hausknecht and the suspect crossing paths on bikes around 8:47 a.m.

The 65-year-old doctor was near the intersection of Main and Holcombe when the gunman passed him from behind, police said. Two blocks later, the shooter turned around on his light-colored mountain bike and fired at least twice. The doctor, biking in his scrubs, went down immediately, and the shooter rode off northbound.

Houston police on July 30, 2018 released photos of the suspect wanted in the July 20 killing of Dr. Mark Hausknecht. The suspect is seen biking through an area neighborhood in the latest photos.

Capture.jpg

Edited by Bash Riprock

My brother is a cardiothoracic surgeon.  When he was doing his fellowship at Cornel a woman died under his care.  Her husband made all sorts of threats, and my brother was put under 24/7 protection by NYPD for several months until the guy got deported back to whatever South American country he was from - can't remember the details now.  It really was scary.  Brother did work at Baylor for several years and knew Hausknecht.  Said he was a good person and a good doctor. Fuck that guy who killed him.

Suspect named, Joseph Pappas age 65.  Apparently his mom died 20 years ago in surgery, possibly performed by this doctor.  I think that is what was said in the press conference.
They say revenge is a dish best served cold, but that's a damn cold serving.

1 hour ago, FartingMonk said:

the pistol is black so it was definitely oppressed

How do you know it’s black? Why do you automatically assume it’s black. Just because it’s black 90+% of the time doesn’t mean it was black this time. It could have been stainless or even, dare I say, FDE? Do you know something we don’t? Herr Pappas?

4 minutes ago, HouTex said:

No arrest yet? Kind of surprised.

most probably the guy is on the run in another state. or has already driven out to the national forest and put a bullet through his head (hopefully).  Need to start looking for buzzards.

49 minutes ago, HouTex said:

No arrest yet? Kind of surprised.

47 minutes ago, MAROON said:

most probably the guy is on the run in another state. or has already driven out to the national forest and put a bullet through his head (hopefully).  Need to start looking for buzzards.

Only had to ride like the wind to Austin.  A bike sanctuary city will never hand him over.

Edited by clapclapclap
Gunga Din
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

And this right here is why I only make fun of people anonymously on the web.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/crime/exclusive-joseph-pappas-told-friend-he-has-a-hit-list/285-579827807

HOUSTON — In a chilling interview, a former friend of Joseph Pappas told KHOU 11 he believes the suspected killer has a hit list and may be hunting his next victim.

“I personally do not think the doctor is the only person that he is going to target,” the friend told KHOU 11 on the condition of anonymity. “I think [Dr. Mark Hausknecht] was number one on the list. And Joe is extremely intelligent. He’s patient, he’s unassuming, he’s a deadly shooter.”

Pappas is still on the run and he's armed and extremely dangerous, according to Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo.

The former friend says Pappas is highly-skilled with a stash of firearms. He's an expert marksman who regularly competed in shooting competitions.

He's also a former law enforcement officer who worked as a deputy constable in Precincts 2 and 7.

“[When we were] hanging out together, over burgers and tacos, telling stories, and he mentioned being called the ‘Greek shrimp’ in high school and ‘karma’s a real bitch,’ and one day the people who bullied him in high school would meet a day of reckoning,” the former friend said. “[Pappas] made the comment, at the time I thought it was a joke, ‘Hey, don’t worry you’re not on my list.’ Now looking back on it, it makes me queasy to think, ‘Oh wait, maybe this guy has a list.’”

Houston Police announced Wednesday that Pappas is their prime suspect in the murder of Houston cardiologist Dr. Mark Hausknecht.

Hausknecht was shot three times -- twice in the torso and once in the head -- while riding his bike to work last month in the Texas Medical Center.

Police say Pappas, also on a bike, followed the doctor then passed him, then turned back and fired.

The former friend says he believes Pappas is hunting his next victim or victims.

“If there’s a bully he had in high school I would tell that person to take an unplanned vacation to Alaska,” the friend said.

Houston police say they cannot comment on tips they have received related to the investigation when asked about a possible hit list.