Last Chance U

joeycovers

51 minutes ago, bluto said:

damn i wish i had known ALL of episode 2 was about bobby bruce and i woulda skipped over that shit with a quickness. dude was and is a total power down

Well you knew what was coming with Bobby. It was only a matter of time. I feel like he didn't have a chance at making it in the college world. 

Edited by SimonBolivar

20 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

Just finished the season. Had the day off and started at 7 this morning. I don't want to spoil anything for anyone but the Garden City game is fun to watch. 

It was fun.

Spoiler

The best part, other than Indy losing, was the hypocrisy of the Indy coaches.

• ”I have never seen a coach talk like that!” Mother fucker, was that your first game with JB? Do you not attend practice? Shut up.
  • JB complaining about Sims being on the field and talking to him. Bitch, you called him a fuckboy and all sorts of stuff.
  • After the loss, Sims gives you a dose of your own shit and you can’t take it. Shocker!
  • Post game, Brown talks about playing Malik and winning by 50. Again, you run the offense. Do it, bitch. Maybe you shouldn’t have lied to the team about Malik being a practice team guy. You knew why you brought him in. Just nut up and play him.

Brown is a piece of shit. Fuck him.

Edited by LonghornJudas

In a true petty move by Netflix, they basically omit the Butler College game. It's one of the few really well run juco programs with good people as coaches that does it the right way.  After Butler beat Indy, the coach wouldn't let Netflix in the locker room or in the media booth for a look in on his interviews.  He politely declined because he doesn't want his program to be a circus.  So Netflix but out almost all of that game - which was a really really good game, too.

Fuck Indy and fuck Brown.

finished up the season...

chance's mom and sister are smoke....rural kansas smoke at least

loved JB's talking about the program being on the rise but it's only the start b/c they're such a young team... wtf, no shit you're a young team, you're a damn juco

on the one hand I don't blame these guys for lying about their concussions as the time is ticking on their possibilities for gtfo there, but gotta wonder how often this stuff happens then decades later the schools/leagues get blowback and lawsuits for concussions. 

that DC's wife is a damn trooper

also, good lord bobby bruce resurfacing in the finale, what a total waste of oxygen. "was supposed to call mcdonalds back about the job but over slept" with a damn kid due

and f these ppl for trying to defend a $500k practice field for this shit program, be very curious to see the breakdown of how it was funded

i want them to post that KD research paper online

• Like 1

I don’t know if it’s really true, but when they were discussing how hardly any of the players (like maybe 2 total) were on scholarship, it was a real WTF moment for me.

Some of those players are absolutely destitute, so it’s mind-boggling (and sad) that their families are scraping up enough money to pay for them to keep chasing a dream that in all likelihood just isn’t going to pan out. There are exceptions of course (Gary Johnson being just one example), but the vast majority are never going to make it to the NFL.

The bloated rosters, and higher enrollment numbers, also put into context the concerns that some of the citizens were raising about expenditures and the purpose of the college.

Seemed like the administration and faculty were basically conceding that only a fraction of the students were actually from the community.

Based upon the “quality” of the education being provided to the students, it makes one wonder if there is really any meaningful benefit to the community at all.

2 hours ago, Clintonaldo said:

And just like that he lost his composure but I cannot say I blame him after all of the shit that was said the previous year. 

He acted like a clown as bad or worse as JB did.  I could tell he was a grade A prick in Season 3 but at least thought he had his shit together.  He completely lost his mind after beating Indy lol

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Helobious said:

Lulzed hard at Kailon Davis’ dad interview when he’s talking about meeting Kailon’s mom. “I’m an ass and titties man myself, I liked what she had going on.”

It looked like they were interviewing him while he was on break at work too.

One of the best interview answers I’ve ever seen. Straight shooter.

• Like 1

It was amazing to me how good that Jay Jones kid thought he was despite never backing it up with his play. Supremely shitty attitude to boot as well. Not surprised he didn’t land anywhere. That Kailon Davis kid wasn’t likeable either. 

The only people this season that i was actually rooting for were Jason Martin & Chance Main. Both seemed to be good dudes with great families. I wanted to see that King guy do good given his past but he didn’t quite make it. It was brutal to watch him try & play through those concussions. Brown & the training staff should’ve been fired for that shit alone.

What could a good coach do with all that talent? Imagine if he installed some schemes the kids could learn fast, and have organized practices where everything happens on time, or if the coach could keep his composure and focus when things get hectic like you need to be on the sideline during the game?

KD is funny, always has a smile and is a really good kid I think, i hope things workout for him down the line.  JB talking about how he loves the kids and does it for them then tells a kid who’s been stone cold out on the field for 5 min to get up and walk it off...   He’s a fucking terrible person. 

Edited by Hook1997

In the finale JB is reading some negative comments from the internet, one of which talks about how draining it is to work with a narcissist.  He just smirks and says" what does that have to do with me?".   Dude really is clueless.  I'm amazed some kid or fellow coach has not decked his ass yet.